Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ben

Mr Doncasters Answers

Some answers from Mr Doncaster.

All pretty bog standard answers but he has still gone t the trouble of responding. not many clubs would do that im sure. some very sensible answers from neil aswell i recon. some of which make complete sense.

thanks for your email. we aren''t being called on a daily basis by people looking to give us money. why do you think there are people out there who are looking to give their money to Norwich City?  and, if they exist, why haven''t they come forward before now?  and isn''t that exactly what Andrew and Sharon Turner, Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger are: supporters who have used their personal financial wealth to support NCFC?

OTBC
Neil

Q? If Grant goes will the bord get an experienced manager in or will we once agin go with the cheap option?

if the ''cheaper option'' were what the Board wanted, we would never have picked Peter - as we had to agree a compensation package with West Ham, when there were many managers out there who were free agents

Me : In responce to the answers provided by yourself the FACT is that we will never know what a foreign investor will be able to offer our club as delia has already stated she will not listen to any offers from abroard.

[Neil Doncaster] why exactly would any foreign investor want to ''invest'' money in a football club that they had no emotional ties to?  if the answer is ''to make money'', then they would not be increasing the amount of money to be made available for the player budget, but reducing it!  if the answer is not ''to make money'', then why would on earth would they do it?

Me: How is this in the clubs interest? I do still stand by the fact that this club will not be able to move forward with the current situation. we could have had playes such as varney but unfortunatly wages are not acceptable. this is a decision i would agree with you on, as the wages he was asking for were ridiculous for a championship club however i do feel that if you have a manager youu trust you should give him baking.

[Neil Doncaster] that''s the conundrum, isn''t it?  you don''t want to pay wages you can''t afford, but yet other clubs pay them, reducing our chances of success on the pitch 

Me: The 2 million that the turners have put into the club is still a debt that will eventually have to pay back even if it is loan free.

[Neil Doncaster] maybe, maybe not.  it''s a long-term loan and a lot can happen within the term of the loan.  remember, Delia and Michael have often lent the Club money and, time and again, they have converted this money into shares 

Me: Thanks for you responce and i do appreciate it, i also do agree with certain pint but the long and short of it is that this club will not improve in current standing, would you not agree? Do you see this club truely reaching the premier league or even being able to stay in this league in the current situatuion.

[Neil Doncaster] why not?  we did before, in 2004.  and Watford did the same in 2006 

he fobbed u off there mate...

He doesnt answer a single one of your questions you notice?

he fobs you off or answers with a question of his own..... there isnt a single straight answer in all that piffle he spouts...

Speaks volumes about the club to me.

jas :)

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]He should stop answering e-mails and get on with his job. I cannot believe he has time to do this.[/quote]

I thought that was his job Rude Old. What else does he do then?

Jas, at least he bothers to answer! Most Chief Exec''s will file peoples enquiries in the WPB!

And we can''t expect him to give the answers we want-for example, "...if Grant goes, will we get an experienced Manager or go for the cheap option?..

(as it stands, we might have got a free agent in cheaper than Grant, food for thought!)

ND- "...yes, we''ve learn our lesson. When the time comes to appoint a new manager-and let me tell you, anything less than 3 points tomorrow and Grant is history-we will appoint someone with Premiership and European experience and a great coaching record dotted  with success and trophies..."

Now that would be nice-but it ain''t gonna happen, the reply or that sort of Manager!

If I was ND I''d shut up shop. He isn''t obliged to answer these questions by any means, certainly not personally as he always does-I had a personal E Mail from him the same time I sent one plus a phone call. In anycase, I''d rather he was doing CE-type stuff, than answering our groans and gripes all day, isn''t that meant to be Joe Ferrari''s job?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]He should stop answering e-mails and get on with his job. I cannot believe he has time to do this.[/quote]

omg!

talk about any old reason to moan ... if he didnt answer fans emails you would complain hes ignoring the fans, not listening to them. as it is he should now stop it because he should have other things to do. omg get a life!

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

omg!

talk about any old reason to moan ... if he didnt answer fans emails you would complain hes ignoring the fans, not listening to them. as it is he should now stop it because he should have other things to do. omg get a life!

[/quote]

Got to agree there.

the bit I do find interesting is the bit about weather the Turners loan will become yet another debt and his answer was "...Maybe, Maybe not...". Perhaps there are plans afoot to purchase NCFC. I maybe reading too much into it but it could be interpreted that way.

No, but what has this one done except preside over a catalogue of errors? I ask again, what DOES he do?

And I object to being labelled a customer Rude Old, I am a supporter, please use the correct term, at least....

He cant bloody win can he? If he answers fans emails hes wasting time and if he doesnt answer fans emails he isnt bothered.

CityAngel

He does answer emails, fair enough, but he doesn''t answer questions. He spouts the usual stuff, but has (to my questions anyway) always evaded the points I wish him to clarify.

His reply to the question on foreign investment is a joke. So they can only make money out of a football club by reducing the player budget?! Err Niel, ever heard of Milan Mandaric? Have you seen what Derby and Sunderland have done recently? By spending a moderate amount on the team they secured a promotion worth £50million and, of course, boosted the value of their holdings in the process-and good on them for having the guts and ambition.

Honestly, what this pillock understands about football could be written on a postage stamp.

Why don''t you stop wasting your time and ours a stop contacting him. What the hell do you expect him to say.

"Yes Norwich City football club is run like a circus and Delia and Michael should stop being so bloody tight"

Your talking to a PR man he is only every going to give vague, non-committal answers to questions.

He answers them only because it looks good to do so. He''s not remotely interested in you, your views or questions.

He is not a bad person or, despite what some fools think the cause of why Norwich City is failing.

He is a puppet employed to do what he is doing.

mandaric is a businessman, there only ever out to make mony, do u think in a years time hes gonna stick around at leicster if they fail to gain that 50mill ticket from the prem in his first season as owner ad he gets a offer to purchase the club, the financial bubble will eventually burst and investors will start losing serious money and when they do you watch the clubs crumble, lifelong fans have the best interest in the club at heart and when all else fails itll be the lifelong fans that come to the rescue, the only reason mandaric stayed at portsmouth so long was cos h managed to get pompey into premin the first season he was owner and as soon as he had a big offer to purchase his club he left and moved onto the next on, no loyalty in his team. [quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

His reply to the question on foreign investment is a joke. So they can only make money out of a football club by reducing the player budget?! Err Niel, ever heard of Milan Mandaric? Have you seen what Derby and Sunderland have done recently? By spending a moderate amount on the team they secured a promotion worth £50million and, of course, boosted the value of their holdings in the process-and good on them for having the guts and ambition.

Honestly, what this pillock understands about football could be written on a postage stamp.

[/quote]

[quote user="Canarie 4 Life"]

thanks for your email. we aren''t being called on a daily basis by people looking to give us money. why do you think there are people out there who are looking to give their money to Norwich City? 

OTBC
Neil

[/quote]

Or ask this question the other way round "why do you think there are NOT people out there who are looking to give their money to Norwich City?" 

YH: Perhaps because they see it as a bad investment under the current managerment??

[Neil Doncaster] why exactly would any foreign investor want to ''invest'' money in a football club that they had no emotional ties to?  if the answer is ''to make money'', then they would not be increasing the amount of money to be made available for the player budget, but reducing it!  if the answer is not ''to make money'', then why would on earth would they do it?

[/quote]

Take out the word foreigner and then re-read this reply. It then sounds like an admission that the club is not worth inveting in.

YH: Why would they (anybody) do it, Neil?

BTW, your grasp of business economics is a little shaky Neil, In order to make money in a skills business (football, accountants IT, architects, rock band, etc. etc.), you have to invest in improving the skillset. Oh and BTW, you have not increased the money made available for the player budget, you have actually reduced it.

Me: How is this in the clubs interest? I do still stand by the fact that this club will not be able to move forward with the current situation. we could have had playes such as varney but unfortunatly wages are not acceptable. this is a decision i would agree with you on, as the wages he was asking for were ridiculous for a championship club however i do feel that if you have a manager youu trust you should give him baking.

[Neil Doncaster] that''s the conundrum, isn''t it?  you don''t want to pay wages you can''t afford, but yet other clubs pay them, reducing our chances of success on the pitch 

[/quote]

YH: And that, Neil, is the reason why we pay you a very generous salary to solve this conumdrum. If you and the other members of the Board cannot resolve it, then perhaps you should make way for others who can?

Yellow Hammer

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]mandaric is a businessman, there only ever out to make mony, do u think in a years time hes gonna stick around at leicster if they fail to gain that 50mill ticket from the prem in his first season as owner ad he gets a offer to purchase the club, the financial bubble will eventually burst and investors will start losing serious money and when they do you watch the clubs crumble, lifelong fans have the best interest in the club at heart and when all else fails itll be the lifelong fans that come to the rescue, the only reason mandaric stayed at portsmouth so long was cos h managed to get pompey into premin the first season he was owner and as soon as he had a big offer to purchase his club he left and moved onto the next on, no loyalty in his team.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote][/quote]

And if I were a Pompey fan, i would be very happy with the current state of affairs.

YH

(me)

Dear Mr Doncaster.

Further to previous email correspondence I note that our season is moving from bad to worse, not just based on results, but also the performances on the pitch.

I read with interest also, that Darren Huckerby has recently expressed his views and opinions. I for one feel this is brave and refreshing of him to do so, but sadly much of the content of his damning verdict is shared greatly amongst the money paying fans and supporters of our Club.

During the summer you replied to my email re defensive players, but alas, it would appear that as many fans have predicted things are not looking good. Have you any thoughts re loan signings or are we leaving this dire yet urgent situation until January?

(ND)

thanks for your email  - i know that Peter has been frustrated on a number of fronts with bringing in cover in defence. the search for loan signings goes on and has obviously become even more urgent since the suspension of Dion and Jason

many thanks for taking the time and trouble to email me with your views

OTBC
Neil

I think Doncaster personifies the whole board at Norwich, and that is naiveity. I called Doncaster in the summer before Worthington went and warned him it would all end in tears and the club were making a huge mistake by keeping Worthy on. He just couldn''t see the wood for trees.

He said Worthington was a ''top class manager'' and that he would get a job ''anywhere in the Championship''...Where is Worthington now...?

This is just one example of course, but there are no football people on the board to add an element of realism to situations in hand. Doncaster does take the time out to talk to fans where many would not, but does he actually achieve anything???

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]mandaric is a businessman, there only ever out to make mony, do u think in a years time hes gonna stick around at leicster if they fail to gain that 50mill ticket from the prem in his first season as owner ad he gets a offer to purchase the club, the financial bubble will eventually burst and investors will start losing serious money and when they do you watch the clubs crumble, lifelong fans have the best interest in the club at heart and when all else fails itll be the lifelong fans that come to the rescue, the only reason mandaric stayed at portsmouth so long was cos h managed to get pompey into premin the first season he was owner and as soon as he had a big offer to purchase his club he left and moved onto the next on, no loyalty in his team.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote][/quote]

I think i`m right in saying that Mandaric was at Pompey for at least two seasons before they were promoted. But you are right in pointing out that new investors out to make a profit are only really interested in where the real money is-the Prem. Which is where we all want to be, right? Can you see how it works yet? Or would you rather continue to back a regime which is out to boost the value of their shares by asset-stripping the team to pump money into the growing business empire at Carrow Rd? 

I notice you don`t mention Derby or Sunderland. I would suggest that their investors are sitting pretty whatever they choose to do-as are those clubs. The "bubble is about to burst" line has been spouted for years now yet still clubs are being bought up by wealthy backers-QPR and Huddersfield the latest. Why do you think this is?

Strange how these top persons perceive ther jobs..... I have had replies from Margaret Thatcher when she was Prime Minister, the Chairman of Sainsburys and in the old days Robert Chase. I have a long hand written letter from Colin Chapman telling me how I was to do my job.Maybe answering letters is in ND''s job description because Delia does not use a computer. Anyway I must go to bed as I have to be up at 3 am to follow how the boys are getting on against Scunthorpe........ and to think that guy (whatsisname??) turned down a free ticket. Rotton supporter he is and thats for sure.

Mr Carrow - Mandaric took over Portsmouth in 1998 and they finished that season 19th oin this league. The following three seasons they finished 18th, 20th and 17th. It was not until he married Redknapp in 2002 that they had any success at all and the following season they were promoted as champions. I often wonder why Mandaric is credited as having so much football knowledge, his record in appointing managers is far worse than others, even our boards, and having got lucky once he still failed to learn. Mandarics choices at Portsmouth were Tony Pulis, Steve Claridge and Graham Rix before he fell for ''arry. Then after they split up he tried Velimir Zajel and Alain Perrin before they kissed and made up again. At Leicester he has already appointed Worthington, Allen and Megson in what can''t be much more than 6 months. If I was Mandaric I would move heaven and earth to get Redknapp at Leicester as it seems he is lost without him.

Now the reason I am pointing all of this out is not in defence of our board but to show that a rich investor does not automatically mean a football brain or good football decisions. I guess in Mandarics case it just means he can "tear it up and start again" more often than our board can afford to do. With more and more clubs getting investment money alone will not get them out of this league. It''s just as important to have somebody competent enough to spend it wisely. But how many ''arry''s are there? There''s a lot more megsons thats for sure.

the other thing with a big investor is that as you so pointed out there are so many investors buying up clubs these days thus bringing a lot more into the game, how long do you think itll be before the league is awash with investors and th fact that again when it comes to transfers the richest will out bid the those less fortunate it will always be this way, its like the varney instanc, we put a bod in for him but we were outbid by a club with more money, thsi will still be the same even if we get a new investor as surely the richer clubs will still outbid others, mandaric has made his fortune in football by being lucky, would he have been as sucessfull as someone has already pointed out if he hadnt of hired redknappi doubt hell be as successfull at liecster, so derby doing well are they, well theyre gonna come straight back down so spending those millions on players like earnie has really helped them,  big investors are only interested in as someone said the big money from the prem  but the prem only has space for 17 regulars so 3 must always come down and unfortunately its those three that come that usually dont have as big a backing, yes pompey have done well but theyve don better since mandaric left as theyve bought better with the russians money, and even if we were to get a investor in whos to say hed have whats best for the club,

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]mandaric is a businessman, there only ever out to make mony, do u think in a years time hes gonna stick around at leicster if they fail to gain that 50mill ticket from the prem in his first season as owner ad he gets a offer to purchase the club, the financial bubble will eventually burst and investors will start losing serious money and when they do you watch the clubs crumble, lifelong fans have the best interest in the club at heart and when all else fails itll be the lifelong fans that come to the rescue, the only reason mandaric stayed at portsmouth so long was cos h managed to get pompey into premin the first season he was owner and as soon as he had a big offer to purchase his club he left and moved onto the next on, no loyalty in his team. [quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote][/quote]

And if I were a Pompey fan, i would be very happy with the current state of affairs.

YH

[/quote]pompey are where they are cos they have a sugar daddy even richer then mandaric

Keep digging, there’s more out there than that and the more that can be trawled up the better.

I’ve no real interst in her cooking shows but I’m guessing shes created some ‘pork pies’ over the years, if not the last AGM had some realy beauties being fed to the assembled share holders