Sign in to follow this  
renegade tootsie

No local investors - yes their are - but they are being blocked

I am praying that there is some truth in this, I certainly think there is something going on, whether Mr Cullum is involved with the Turners as stated in this thread I guess time will tell,  I believe Mr Cullum does want to buy the club and there is some truth in JC''s post mainly because he seems to be a reliable poster and I can''t believe that anyone would go to the trouble of dreaming up such a story and putting a name to it if it was bull. There has been a denial from Mr Cullums office but I don''t think for a minute that something as big as this is going to be announced by a dogsbody in Mr Cullums office to a dogsbody on radio Narfolk, wishful thinking on my part, only time will tell.

I just received a reply from the email I sent Peter Cullum, wasn''t very positive though I''m afraid

I remain a loyal, and like you, frustrated supporter.

In many respects I would love to be directly involved in the Club, but my current commitments render that impossible.

Let’s hope for a string of good results to improve our dreadful league position.

Best regards

Peter Cullum

As you may have gathered from my previous posts I know Peter from our school days at the CNS and sent him an e-mail to his private e-mail address last week. I received a very similar reply to Salahuddin over the weekend. Of course I wouldn''t expect Peter to let me in on the secret even if he was intending to become financially involved in NCFC but he did share with me some of his ideas for the further development of his business during the next few years from which it would be difficult to see that he could find much time to devote to NCFC. Therefore I suspect that, despite the personal involvement most of us would like to see Peter have, this will come to nothing. However, top marks to the guy for taking the time to reply. I don''t receive many e-mails from billionaires!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

I just received a reply from the email I sent Peter Cullum, wasn''t very positive though I''m afraid

In many respects I would love to be directly involved in the Club, but my current commitments render that impossible.

Let’s hope for a string of good results to improve our dreadful league position.

Best regards

Peter Cullum

[/quote]

Very interesting post......but I underline the word "directly"?

Maybe he has placed Turner in as a stalking horse...and has a plan to invest under certain circumstances. A positive approach to what on the face of it seems disappointing. Turner could at least convey the true facts regarding the financial status of the club...which couldn''t ordinarily have been assessed by someone outside of the Board.

A conditional "no" I hope.......

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Best regards

Peter Cullum

[/quote]

Many thanks salahuddin

I''d say it was about as positive as it could be without declaring a formal interest.  It''s miles away from the statement from his office on The Scrimmage the other night.  He seems to be saying "not now" rather than "not ever" and he only rules out being "directly involved", which would not preclude someone else acting on his behalf.  The word "investment" is conspicuous by its absence, but he''s keeping his options open imo.  

He says he would like to be directly involved with the club but he personally was to commited but it could certainly be that he may well provide the funds in conjunction with the Turners who would then run the club on his behalf, JC said in the original post he''d heard the Turners were acting on his behalf so it is certainly feasible.

I can only hope that the Turners and this Cullum guy can get a proper foothold in the club before October 20th.

DELIA AND MICHAEL JUST STAND DOWN NOW, PLEASE, FFS!!

[quote user="FIST WIZARD"]

How do I know that potential local investors are being blocked?  well I am not going to reveal my sources or name any names. But I have it first hand from someone very high up the food chain at Norwich Union that there are several potential local investors they know of through conversations at business events, but they are being blocked.  I will not name names, but there is one chap who has been a lifelong city fan, is worth over £200 million and has tried to get involved but there is ''just no way in''.  He even said that this chap laughed at the club debt and said it was not an issue.

I also had this verified by someone else who attended a local chamber of commerce meeting last week and came up with the same name for the investor without prompting after they heard the same story.

It stinks around this club.

[/quote]

Well it seems some where in the know some time ago...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="FIST WIZARD"]

How do I know that potential local investors are being blocked?  well I am not going to reveal my sources or name any names. But I have it first hand from someone very high up the food chain at Norwich Union that there are several potential local investors they know of through conversations at business events, but they are being blocked.  I will not name names, but there is one chap who has been a lifelong city fan, is worth over £200 million and has tried to get involved but there is ''just no way in''.  He even said that this chap laughed at the club debt and said it was not an issue.

I also had this verified by someone else who attended a local chamber of commerce meeting last week and came up with the same name for the investor without prompting after they heard the same story.

[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe the offers are not good enough? Its all good and well Callum offering to give us £5m in the transfer window when we were rock bottom but stating he wanted it back if we were relegated is not exactly putting the club in a good position (I know we didn''t go down but it was close.....just think, we''d have to sell off the players we brought and would be in a worse financial position), in my eyes Callums piece in the paper was no more than sour grapes.On the Turner front I am pretty certain NO big money will be pumped into the warchest but I can''t go into details..........like I said its looks like Delia and Co have renegotiated our loans with the banks and that is what is giving us a little to spend.........time will tell.

I find this hard to believe that our board kept all this very quiet and after 7 months have not even bothered to contact Peter Cullum. Delia and this current board are clearly NOT here for the good of the club and i hope they are now forced to do a deal with Mr Cullum before the fans turn on her! I am starting to lose all the respect i had for this current board very quickly now!

[quote user="colneycanary"]I find this hard to believe that our board kept all this very quiet and after 7 months have not even bothered to contact Peter Cullum. Delia and this current board are clearly NOT here for the good of the club and i hope they are now forced to do a deal with Mr Cullum before the fans turn on her! I am starting to lose all the respect i had for this current board very quickly now![/quote]maybe she is thinking of the club.....read my post above........Cullum has sour grapes and now reying to stick the heat under Delia........she wouldn''t turn something down that was for the good of the club.............we DON''T know what the offer entailed and NEVER will.............of course the fans will side with the person who comes out with a claim of £20m

I am just quoting someone else here but in today''s EDP the shares are valued at between 10 and 15 pound max. No where near the 30 pound on the official site yesterday.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="FIST WIZARD"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe the offers are not good enough? Its all good and well Callum offering to give us £5m in the transfer window when we were rock bottom but stating he wanted it back if we were relegated is not exactly putting the club in a good position (I know we didn''t go down but it was close.....just think, we''d have to sell off the players we brought and would be in a worse financial position), in my eyes Callums piece in the paper was no more than sour grapes.

On the Turner front I am pretty certain NO big money will be pumped into the warchest but I can''t go into details..........like I said its looks like Delia and Co have renegotiated our loans with the banks and that is what is giving us a little to spend.........time will tell.
[/quote]If they have renegotiated the loans what will happen when the money they have raised from it run out? They can''t do this every year and they''re not going to put their hands in their pockets. I also read in todays edp that industry sources put the value of the shares at between 5 and 8 million so they are overvaluing them to deter potential investors because they don''t want to sell up.Tat doesn''t sound like someone with the best interests of the club at heart.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="FIST WIZARD"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe the offers are not good enough? Its all good and well Callum offering to give us £5m in the transfer window when we were rock bottom but stating he wanted it back if we were relegated is not exactly putting the club in a good position (I know we didn''t go down but it was close.....just think, we''d have to sell off the players we brought and would be in a worse financial position), in my eyes Callums piece in the paper was no more than sour grapes.

On the Turner front I am pretty certain NO big money will be pumped into the warchest but I can''t go into details..........like I said its looks like Delia and Co have renegotiated our loans with the banks and that is what is giving us a little to spend.........time will tell.
[/quote]

If we''d had £5 million to spend I think it''s safe to assume it wouldn''t have been quite so close.  In fact we might have pushed on from midtable towards the playoff zone like Palace did, instead of sinking back down.  But that''s history now.

It was a loan, like the Turners loan.  They want theirs back too.  I don''t see why anyone should have a problem with that.  He knows perfectly well that we couldn''t have paid it back immediately if we''d got relegated, but Â£5 million is small change to him.  What he really wanted was a way in to the club, so I daresay he''d have accepted shares instead . . . is that why D&M turned it down?

You may not like the guy but take the trouble to spell his name right.  It''s Cullum.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="FIST WIZARD"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for digging this up CJF.

I note that it''s dated 1st October, which is not as close to the AGM (18th October) as I''d thought.  It also makes it pretty clear that discussions had been going on before October. 

In regard to the theory that the Board have freed up some cash by renegotiating the loans - I can''t believe that in the current financial climate banks are going to be offering us more favourable loan arrangements, so if they have released more equity this way I suspect we''ll pay for it in the long term...

[quote user="FIST WIZARD"]

[/quote]

I know for a fact this guys info is right, sometime ago a person high up within the club and I mean HIGH UP, tried to help out with finding investment for the club, he found a good source of investment.

He is no longer at the club his position was made impossible.

Just think whos not here now, loved the club and would have never have left without being pushed.

[quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="FIST WIZARD"]

[/quote]

I know for a fact this guys info is right, sometime ago a person high up within the club and I mean HIGH UP, tried to help out with finding investment for the club, he found a good source of investment.

Just think whos not here now, loved the club and would have never have left without being pushed.

[/quote]

Are you talking about Shaun O''Hara (former Director of Finance)?

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="FIST WIZARD"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you talking about Shaun O''Hara (former Director of Finance)?

[/quote]

No scrub that.  Not Hucks, surely?

Look at all the backroom high management that have been "moved on" during DS''s reign. People that cared about the club. To be replaced by DS supporters. GNG how long have you been involved with the club? My outside/inside involvement stretched from the 80''s to about 2005.

Anyone know why RM has made no comment? In his position he should be one of the people commenting.

[quote user="Good News Gordon"]

[quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]Skipper?[/quote]

Enough said...........

[/quote]

Skipper was the one who was contacted by Carl Moore with the money for Hucks.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Look at all the backroom high management that have been "moved on" during DS''s reign. People that cared about the club. To be replaced by DS supporters. GNG how long have you been involved with the club? My outside/inside involvement stretched from the 80''s to about 2005.

Anyone know why RM has made no comment? In his position he should be one of the people commenting.

[/quote]

Just after you I would think, my concerns are that the club is so watertight that the only way things could be changed is by fan power, as it was with Chase.

If anyone was to push issue over this ongoing non-investment thing, they would be shot down, and shut up

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="colneycanary"]I find this hard to believe that our board kept all this very quiet and after 7 months have not even bothered to contact Peter Cullum. Delia and this current board are clearly NOT here for the good of the club and i hope they are now forced to do a deal with Mr Cullum before the fans turn on her! I am starting to lose all the respect i had for this current board very quickly now![/quote]maybe she is thinking of the club.....read my post above........Cullum has sour grapes and now reying to stick the heat under Delia........she wouldn''t turn something down that was for the good of the club.............we DON''T know what the offer entailed and NEVER will.............of course the fans will side with the person who comes out with a claim of £20m[/quote]From what I read from the club on Monday  Delia Smith is going to get back every single penny she put into the club and more.  She is no Philanthroper or Benefactor like Geoffrey Watling.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="colneycanary"]I find this hard to believe that our board kept all this very quiet and after 7 months have not even bothered to contact Peter Cullum. Delia and this current board are clearly NOT here for the good of the club and i hope they are now forced to do a deal with Mr Cullum before the fans turn on her! I am starting to lose all the respect i had for this current board very quickly now![/quote]

maybe she is thinking of the club.....read my post above........Cullum has sour grapes and now reying to stick the heat under Delia........she wouldn''t turn something down that was for the good of the club.............we DON''T know what the offer entailed and NEVER will.............of course the fans will side with the person who comes out with a claim of £20m
[/quote]

From what I read from the club on Monday  Delia Smith is going to get back every single penny she put into the club and more.  She is no Philanthroper or Benefactor like Geoffrey Watling.
[/quote]

I don''t think it is even about money, it must be a status thing, as if it wasn''t she would have followed up on other offers/possibilities that I gave indication to earlier