Sign in to follow this  
renegade tootsie

No local investors - yes their are - but they are being blocked

[quote user="JC"]

Well I am not going to reveal my sources or name any names. But I have it first hand from someone very high up the food chain at Norwich Union that there are several potential local investors they know of through conversations at business events, but they are being blocked.  I will not name names.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Sorry JC, I think most of us would love this to be true but how do we know it is! Very convenient for you to say ...''I won''t name my sources''! Surely if this is true then these mystery investors would not let a simple ''No'' from a cook stand in their way!!!. They would go public and whip up support from the fan base - let''s face it, if they are genuine, they would have no trouble in doing that at the moment would they?

[/quote][/quote]

It''s not is is? It couldn''t be, it must be, it all makes sense now it''s Smudger!

[quote user="T"]

So the only question is whether he is interested enough in throw some money into the black hole of a football club. Given , the money side stacks up I would be interested to know what the evidence is that he is a Norwich City fan interested to invest in the club.

[/quote]

Peter Cullum was born in Norwich, we know that much.  As far as his "fan" credentials are concerned, that can cut both ways.  The last thing we need is an Abramovitch or Romanov who really want to pick the team. 

JC tells us that the Turners got in on Mr Cullum''s behalf by buying Barry Skipper''s shares.  He says his sources have first hand contact with the main players and appears to believe that they''re reliable, but we don''t know who they are or indeed who JC is.  Therefore it is rumour, albeit with some circumstantial evidence to support it.  JC says he can''t tell us everything he knows, and there may be other things he doesn''t know.  Even if it''s true it may or may not come to fruition.  We shall have to wait and see.

If only, with 2 billion just 10% of that invested would see real fantasy football at Carrow Rd, sadly though I think I summed it up with the word fantasy.

[quote user="Chris"]

Although the credibility of this story is in doubt Peter Cullum''s support of Norwich is not. It says on his company website that he was once a youth team player with the Canaries; "As a schoolboy he played for Norwich City, the team he still supports". http://www.towergatepartnership.co.uk/news/the-master-builder.aspx See bottom of the interview. Though there is no mention of possible future business ventures in football.

[/quote]Enough of buyout talk... lets stick him up front!

As much as I am grateful for what they have done, this would be great news for us, infact I''m all excited, even thou this is just a rumour,[quote user="JC"]

Ok I am going to come clean and say (most) of what I have heard.  If this is true (and has been verified by three sources now, all unrelated and all who have had first hand contact with the major players in this) then things are going to change very soon.

Been doing some digging with my sources and basically:

1. Peter Cullum wants to invest in the club, and soon - as in now

2. The Turners bought Skippers shares to get into the club via a Trojan horse on Cullums behalf.

3.  The Turners are already changing the set-up to get their team in place.

4. The Turners dont have the cash but Cullum does.

5. They are preparing a £40 million takeover package

6.  Delia has hoovered up the shares to ensure maximum cash on buy-out - they are on the way out

7. A huge sum of money will be made available for players

If I''m wrong I''m wrong, but the sources are pretty impeccable.....

[quote user="JC"]

I could not possibly comment on the name you just mentioned.....

But whatever is going to happen is going to have to happen soon if the name I heard is to be involved as his personal circumstances may soon change dramatically.  And yes, there is a link to the Turners as you mentioned.

Something smells very fishy, and its not the contents of Delia''s fish crumble....

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="JC"]

Its not as straight forward as a ''hey I want to invest'' there is another key part to the story that I cannot explain because it makes it very obvious - but I have heard it from two sources and checked it out myself.  All I can offer is my word and to open a debate on how truthful the ''we welcome local investors'' line really is.

[/quote]

Is that a debate between "economical with the truth" and "a complete pack of lies" JC? [;)]

JC, all the club''s remaining ordinary shares were taken up by D&M last season, every single one* (see 2007 Annual Report p.41).  They converted the rest of their loans into shares and spent another £270,000 to hoover up the rest. 

In October there''s a proposal at the AGM to issue some more ordinary shares and increase the purchase price by 20% from £25 to £30 per share (making the new issue worth just under £1m).  Why do you think the price is going up?  I''m not interested in making a profit, but I wouldn''t pay 30p at the moment let alone £30. 

What do you think all this might mean?

* The Supporters Trust tried to buy shares last season but were unable to do so because D&M had scoffed the lot.  Now it will cost them 20% more.   

[/quote]

I forgot to add:  When the Turners came into the club they bought Barry Skipper''s shares instead of buying shares direct from the club.  Why do you think that was?  I wonder if they are a trojan horse for a consortium possibly including Mr Cullum, but obviously you can''t comment on that.

[/quote][/quote][/quote]

The way things are at the moment I have to have something to cling to, I''d prefer to take the positive view and believe it will happen and if it doesn''t I''ll be disappointed but having supporting Norwich for 35 years I am well use to handling disappointment. This sort of thing happens at other clubs so there is no reason it shouldn''t happen here especially as we are talking about someone who is worth the kind of cash that would be needed.

Anybody noticed smudger hasn''t infiltrated this thread Yet ?  Maybe the prospect of good news worries him.

Either way, I find this thread appealing and potentially exciting. Fingers crossed guys.

PLEASE GOD LET THIS ALL BE TRUE! we will be top of the league, and not the championship, the premiership!!!! (am i getting to excited)

All this does sound a little to far fetteched for NCFC though doesnt it?

Might I suggest that this "rumour" suggesting a possible new beginning has pretty well united all of us already?

It goes to show that there is a very thin line between the various factions on here...as all we ask is a decent shot at getting the club back on the road to success. Yes it''s only speculation.....but......

[quote user="JC"]So name him jc! What is the harm in naming who it is. That way the press might be able to look into this to see if there''s any truth in it.

How do I know that potential local investors are being blocked?  well I am not going to reveal my sources or name any names. But I have it first hand from someone very high up the food chain at Norwich Union that there are several potential local investors they know of through conversations at business events, but they are being blocked.  I will not name names, but there is one chap who has been a lifelong city fan, is worth over £200 million and has tried to get involved but there is ''just no way in''.  He even said that this chap laughed at the club debt and said it was not an issue.

I also had this verified by someone else who attended a local chamber of commerce meeting last week and came up with the same name for the investor without prompting after they heard the same story.

It stinks around this club.

[/quote]

so does anyone know this Peter Cullum, or can actually confirm any of this?

There is a guy who sits next to me from the London area who is a ST holder, he went to the capital canaries agm a few weeks ago and there was a guy there who was looking to invest in NCFC but he couldn''t remember his name, when I prompted him with the name of Peter Cullum he said it could have been. Is there anyone on here who can elaborate on what he said or who he was?

This is all very interesting and as Cluck stated the number of poster responding hoping this is true shows there is a desire for Delia to move aside and let someone with new ideas and money come in. As I have said before if there is someone who wants to invest in a football club, Norwich is a very attractive option, its just Delia has restricted those potential investors, to those who live in Norwich, been a fan etc etc. Peter Callum obviously fits that bill so if he is interested there may be something in this.

On the other side of the coin if he isn''t interested the board should be going to talk to him to make him interested.....the club is in dire need of investment they must seek it from somewhere.

Talking to someone at the ground about this last night also made me consider the logic behind Delia buying up more shares last year. If she does want out, she''ll want to make as much money out of the sale as possible, both for herself, and for the club (as she would be able to walk way saying she had done a very good deal for the club - keeping her self proclaimed saviour image in tact for those who believe that). Also anyone with that type of cash wanting to invest - would want to buy a significant controlling stake in order they couldn''t be challenged i.e. if you were investing £40m in to a club you would damn well want your say how things were to be run.

So it does make sense - if you want to believe it that it. But along with the rest of you I really hope this is true as new investment and a change at board level (whether this be Callum or someone else) is the ONLY way this club will reverse the self inflicted decline it now finds itself in.

Fingers (and everything else crossed) - roll on the 18th Oct. Damn I wish i was a shareholder..

[quote user="Chris"]

Although the credibility of this story is in doubt Peter Cullum''s support of Norwich is not. It says on his company website that he was once a youth team player with the Canaries; "As a schoolboy he played for Norwich City, the team he still supports". http://www.towergatepartnership.co.uk/news/the-master-builder.aspx See bottom of the interview. Though there is no mention of possible future business ventures in football.

[/quote]

Well spotted Chris, thanks mate

Peter Cullum was not a youth team player at NCFC but has played at Carrow Road. He played there for Norwich Schoolboys against North London Schoolboys but was up against a young Charlie George who rather got the better of him. How do I know that? I was in the same team and was at the CNS with Peter from 1962-1967. Much else of what has been written of Peter is true. He has a box at Carrow Road and I have met him there. He is the genuine nice, local boy who has really made good BIG style. He is a football fanatic and mad keen on NCFC. Whether it is in his plans to invest in the club I don''t know but I have thought for some time he''s just what we could do with. A very shrewd and successful businessman who makes sigificant contributions to various hospices, Norfolk through and through and loves and understands his football. 

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Peter Cullum was not a youth team player at NCFC but has played at Carrow Road. He played there for Norwich Schoolboys against North London Schoolboys but was up against a young Charlie George who rather got the better of him. How do I know that? I was in the same team and was at the CNS with Peter from 1962-1967. Much else of what has been written of Peter is true. He has a box at Carrow Road and I have met him there. He is the genuine nice, local boy who has really made good BIG style. He is a football fanatic and mad keen on NCFC. Whether it is in his plans to invest in the club I don''t know but I have thought for some time he''s just what we could do with. A very shrewd and successful businessman who makes sigificant contributions to various hospices, Norfolk through and through and loves and understands his football. [/quote]

I once had the misfortune of having to interview Charlie George for a "first person" piece that a newspaper had bought for Arsenal''s appearance in the Cup Final - the year they did the double.

It was a real struggle to get him to say anything meaningful at all or indeed to get him to say anything.   When I emerged from this encounter I bumped into Denis Hill-Wood, then Chairman.  "How did it go?" he asked kindly.

I tried to put a brave face on it.  "Oh, not too badly," I said as brightly as I could.

D H-W took me by the arm and said: "If I were you I''d make it all up.  Charlie doesn''t read any too well either....................."

Good player at the time, of course.

[quote user="Canarie Ben"]

PLEASE GOD LET THIS ALL BE TRUE! we will be top of the league, and not the championship, the premiership!!!! (am i getting to excited)

[/quote]

Yes you are.  Calm down.

It may look like a duck and walk like a duck, but we''re waiting to hear it go "quack" . . .

Peter was with me in the year at CNS that took our ''O'' levels in 1967 so would be 56/57 now. I don''t think he''s intending to retire just yet as he loves his work but when your personal worth is an estimated £700m. I guess you can plan for some interesting hobbies in your retirement. Let''s hope one of Peter''s is NCFC. And he''s the kind of guy who will know things are not as they should be and may not be able to sit on the sidelines if he''s able to do something to change it. You don''t get to make £700m through being a no-action man.

I can''t remember the score against North London scholboys but know we lost. Of course at the time we didn''t know what a player Charlie George was to become but at the end of the game we took the trouble to find out who the player was in the No. 10 shirt as he was awesome. The CNS team of that year formed the backbone of the Norwich Schools side having gone unbeaten as U13s, U 14s, and U15s in the days when inter-schools football took place on Saturday mornings throughout Norfolk. We had some useful players a few of whom went on to make a name for themslves in local soccer but Charlie was completely different class. We just couldn''t get anywhere near him. Peter played centre half so came closer to Charlie than some but Charlie was so quick Peter couldn''t even take him out!  

[quote user="kdncfc"]I''m off to the nearest church.[/quote]

And I shall head to the nearest mosque!

Acording to doncaster there is no truth in this rumour at all! Sorry guys. Not that he would tell us if there was though.

Neil,

Quick question, i wont go on about tonights dissapointment because i have made it perfectly clear in the past how i feel about current affairs.
Please respond with a simple yes or no answer to the following question if possible

Is the any truth in a rumour that a potential by over is either currently happening, attempiting to happen or likely to happen in the next couple of months?

Thanks

thanks for your email  -  no, there is no truth in such rumours as far as i am aware.  there is not a queue of people waiting patiently to gift their savings to the Club, however much people would like that to be the case.  the fact is that very few people (with the obvious exceptions of Delia and Michael, Sharon and Andrew, and Michael Foulger) are happy to put their money into the Club as fans

OTBC
Neil

[quote user="Canary Ben"]

Acording to doncaster there is no truth in this rumour at all! Sorry guys. Not that he would tell us if there was though.

Neil,

Quick question, i wont go on about tonights dissapointment because i have made it perfectly clear in the past how i feel about current affairs.
Please respond with a simple yes or no answer to the following question if possible

Is the any truth in a rumour that a potential by over is either currently happening, attempiting to happen or likely to happen in the next couple of months?

Thanks

thanks for your email  -  no, there is no truth in such rumours as far as i am aware.  there is not a queue of people waiting patiently to gift their savings to the Club, however much people would like that to be the case.  the fact is that very few people (with the obvious exceptions of Delia and Michael, Sharon and Andrew, and Michael Foulger) are happy to put their money into the Club as fans

OTBC
Neil

[/quote]

Neil, we don''t need "a queue".  We don''t even need "very few".  We only need one.[:@]  

Pass the bucket please [+o(]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I''m off to the nearest church.[/quote]

And I shall head to the nearest mosque!

[/quote]

and i shall head a ball into a net!!! then send it to the club to show them what a goal looks like..

jas :)

As you rightly say he wouldn''t tell you if there was, I well remember the Ashtons not going anywhere and Earnie is staying quotes which obviously turned out to be a load of bull. They''ve lied to us on many occasions in the past so there''s nothing to say that it won''t happen again. There is no smoke without fire and because this has come from more than 1 fire I still think there''s something in this, it''s one thing putting a post on here claiming that we will sign a player but it''s quite another to post something like this with a perfectly viable name with links to the area and the club to back it up. I''d certainly never heard of this guy before and I''m sure most people on here have never heard of him but it''s certainly interesting to say the least. It could be that either they can''t agree a price or the current set up don''t want to sell and the club are denying it because they know there''d be even more resentment among the fans if they knew that Delia and co were resisting such a takeover.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

As you rightly say he wouldn''t tell you if there was, I well remember the Ashtons not going anywhere and Earnie is staying quotes which obviously turned out to be a load of bull. They''ve lied to us on many occasions in the past so there''s nothing to say that it won''t happen again. There is no smoke without fire and because this has come from more than 1 fire I still think there''s something in this, it''s one thing putting a post on here claiming that we will sign a player but it''s quite another to post something like this with a perfectly viable name with links to the area and the club to back it up. I''d certainly never heard of this guy before and I''m sure most people on here have never heard of him but it''s certainly interesting to say the least. It could be that either they can''t agree a price or the current set up don''t want to sell and the club are denying it because they know there''d be even more resentment among the fans if they knew that Delia and co were resisting such a takeover.

[/quote]

That would square with the last bit of the title that JC gives to this thread - "they are being blocked".  I don''t know how JC knows this though, and he probably can''t tell us anyway.