Sign in to follow this  
renegade tootsie

No local investors - yes their are - but they are being blocked

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Ricardo surely Delia and the rest of the board must know or sense how the fans feel over this?  Or maybe she is being protected from how the fans truly feel?

[/quote]

I am sure she knows what the feeling is now that the woodworms are coming out of the furniture.

This will be death by a thousand cuts if she tries to bluff her way out. PC has given her an "out" by saying he would like to keep her as the frontperson of the club. Unless she is blinded by her ego she will surely take that option. If not then it may have to be the knife.

My only fear is that PC is not sufficiently interested to wield the knife but for the sake of the club I hope that he does.

[/quote]

I think he might be interested, but maybe wants to test the water with the fans and ordinary shareholders first.  Let''s not forget he''s a fan too and gets just as frustrated as us with the club''s lack of ambition, it''s a great shame the board can''t sense what we do and try to improve things.

The current board can take us no further forward, we know that and I would be a little suprised if they didn''t.

I am just so disappointed with them and their attitude.

[/quote]

Perhaps you can now see why people like CLUCK got so wound up about the lack of ambition shown by the board.

It''s pretty plain to all that his analysis was correct. They are happy to bumble along in the Championship with minimum investment in the playing side. All the real money goes into bricks and mortar which in turn increases the shareholder value.

The lie that nobody else was interested in buying the club has been deiberately put about to keep any disenters quiet. Now that this has been exposed for what it is, they are trying to raise the bar to effectively prevent any realistic approach.

PC had no choice but to go hostile so that the fans could see what was going on. The truth is now starting to dribble out so it''s no surprise that pressure is starting to build on the present regieme. Delia and MJW must realise that when opinion turns against them there will be no way back.

Prepare yourself for some more revelations because I think this has a long way to run yet.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Ricardo surely Delia and the rest of the board must know or sense how the fans feel over this?  Or maybe she is being protected from how the fans truly feel?

[/quote]

I am sure she knows what the feeling is now that the woodworms are coming out of the furniture.

This will be death by a thousand cuts if she tries to bluff her way out. PC has given her an "out" by saying he would like to keep her as the frontperson of the club. Unless she is blinded by her ego she will surely take that option. If not then it may have to be the knife.

My only fear is that PC is not sufficiently interested to wield the knife but for the sake of the club I hope that he does.

[/quote]

I think he might be interested, but maybe wants to test the water with the fans and ordinary shareholders first.  Let''s not forget he''s a fan too and gets just as frustrated as us with the club''s lack of ambition, it''s a great shame the board can''t sense what we do and try to improve things.

The current board can take us no further forward, we know that and I would be a little suprised if they didn''t.

[/quote]

Perhaps you can now see why people like CLUCK got so wound up about the lack of ambition shown by the board.

It''s pretty plain to all that his analysis was correct. They are happy to bumble along in the Championship with minimum investment in the playing side. All the real money goes into bricks and mortar which in turn increases the shareholder value.

The lie that nobody else was interested in buying the club has been deiberately put about to keep any disenters quiet. Now that this has been exposed for what it is, they are trying to raise the bar to effectively prevent any realistic approach.

PC had no choice but to go hostile so that the fans could see what was going on. The truth is now starting to dribble out so it''s no surprise that pressure is starting to build on the present regieme. Delia and MJW must realise that when opinion turns against them there will be no way back.

Prepare yourself for some more revelations because I think this has a long way to run yet.

[/quote]

I am not a dumb person, but I do like to sit back and watch from afar before I nail my colours firmly to the mast, I try to form my own opionions based on facts and views put before me.

I can see a few more fans seeing things the way I now do, and one would think that fans will all eventually pull in the same direction and sing off the same hymn sheet.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think this is the most succinct summary of what seems to have been going on i have read. 

The only reasonable argument that the board-supporters still standing have is that we can`t be certain whether the board were approached before the AGM or slightly after.  However, the dates of these threads and the Sun article strongly suggest it was before.  Even if we are happy to accept that the approach was after the AGM, the club have still totally contradicted all their stock assertions that "no-one wants to invest", "there isn`t a queue" etc. by admitting they have held talks with various interested parties in the last 12 months.

The only worry i have is that there are enough people who are effectively "Delia-supporters" rather than City supporters who will rally round and offer her support thereby making her think people are happy for her to continue.  Her position really is starting to look untenable though, i mean, she hasn`t just alienated large numbers of supporters, but what would the clubs relationship with Archant be like if she stayed?!  I think it`s safe to say there wouldn`t be one.

By the way, it has just occured to me that JC`s source was "very high up the food chain at Norwich Union" and Aviva (formerly Norwich Union) have just suprised everyone and sponsored the club after years of disinterest........??[^o)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think this is the most succinct summary of what seems to have been going on i have read. 

The only reasonable argument that the board-supporters still standing have is that we can`t be certain whether the board were approached before the AGM or slightly after.  However, the dates of these threads and the Sun article strongly suggest it was before.  Even if we are happy to accept that the approach was after the AGM, the club have still totally contradicted all their stock assertions that "no-one wants to invest", "there isn`t a queue" etc. by admitting they have held talks with various interested parties in the last 12 months.

The only worry i have is that there are enough people who are effectively "Delia-supporters" rather than City supporters who will rally round and offer her support thereby making her think people are happy for her to continue.  Her position really is starting to look untenable though, i mean, she hasn`t just alienated large numbers of supporters, but what would the clubs relationship with Archant be like if she stayed?!  I think it`s safe to say there wouldn`t be one.

[/quote]

I don''t get this! wether PC''s offer came in before or after the AGM does not really enter into it, as other offers and avenues of investment were put to the board (with full reports) prior to the Cullum offer.

All of those offers were pushed aside or ignored  despite the fact of WHO presented them.

One of those reports was put together with a list of potential buyers by a major company that deals with the sale of football clubs.

If the current owners were serious in selling or doing their best for Norwich city, those reports would not have been pushed aside or binned would they?

I dont know if you read this board, but come on speak out and get this lot to do the right thing for the club , what do you have to lose now?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right on the button as usual Ricardo.

OTBC

She actually said in January she didn''t want money and she only wanted what was best for the club but now she has put top dollar on her shares to either make as much money as she can or to price Mr Cullum out of the deal because she wants the club for her own gratification and doesn''t want to sell up. She would do well to remember that she is a custodian of the club for the fans not for herself.

Good news Gorden:  my point is that Cullums` offer is the only one in the public domain and "proveable".  Lets face it, had Cullum not gone to the press Delias` little soldiers would still be trotting out the "no-one wants to invest" line wouldn`t they?

I fully agree though that if other parties were involved and care about the club they should step forward ASAP and hasten an end to this affair.

They say that the truth will always come out in the end, and some of the revelations coming out recently have shocked and angered me.  Why do I feel there is yet more to come? [8-)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Good news Gorden:  my point is that Cullums` offer is the only one in the public domain and "proveable".  Lets face it, had Cullum not gone to the press Delias` little soldiers would still be trotting out the "no-one wants to invest" line wouldn`t they?

I fully agree though that if other parties were involved and care about the club they should step forward ASAP and hasten an end to this affair.

[/quote]

What angers me most is the fact that I know the person who could make it 100% impossible for this lot to carry on in power loves the club and I don''t get why he will not show the letters, reports etc he has.

They all date back prior to Cullums offer even prior to the agm.

He could have them out in a flash

[quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

What angers me most is the fact that I know the person who could make it 100% impossible for this lot to carry on in power loves the club and I don''t get why he will not show the letters, reports etc he has.

[/quote]

Possibly because they implicate him ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Possibly because they implicate him ?

[/quote]

They don''t I have seen them, he tried to set these up for the club and D was having none of it

Amazing, last week we established that Good News Gordons reports were less than accurate on transfers, so why is he now the expert on what has  or has not ever been offered. Mr Cullums offer is the only one provable according to a poster above.I am probably deluded but all I''ve seen are the press reports that state he offered £5 million last Autumn( whenever) with the promise of £15 million more and he wanted control of the club. In todays EDP he says he does not want to buy Delia''s shares or take on the debt so please explain in words one syllable how that works. I''m not being facetious I really want it explained to me

Sorry have I missed something here but I can''t see any interview with Cullum in today''s EDP? I only have access to it online though!

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Amazing, last week we established that Good News Gordons reports were less than accurate on transfers, so why is he now the expert on what has  or has not ever been offered. Mr Cullums offer is the only one provable according to a poster above.I am probably deluded but all I''ve seen are the press reports that state he offered £5 million last Autumn( whenever) with the promise of £15 million more and he wanted control of the club. In todays EDP he says he does not want to buy Delia''s shares or take on the debt so please explain in words one syllable how that works. I''m not being facetious I really want it explained to me[/quote]

I would stand up in a court of law and say what I saw, this is a serious matter I would not mess around

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Sorry have I missed something here but I can''t see any interview with Cullum in today''s EDP? I only have access to it online though![/quote]

Ditto ...WHAT WHERE?

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Amazing, last week we established that Good News Gordons reports were less than accurate on transfers, so why is he now the expert on what has  or has not ever been offered. Mr Cullums offer is the only one provable according to a poster above.I am probably deluded but all I''ve seen are the press reports that state he offered £5 million last Autumn( whenever) with the promise of £15 million more and he wanted control of the club. In todays EDP he says he does not want to buy Delia''s shares or take on the debt so please explain in words one syllable how that works. I''m not being facetious I really want it explained to me[/quote]GNG is probably refferring to Barry Skippers investment plans  not Cullums.

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Page 48[/quote]For those of us that cannot get a copy, what does it say?

I''m at work so apols if my typing is rushed & misspelled

In  a statement on which he did not answer any questions he said

"I''m keen to sit down with the board to progress this matter further

My investment is focused on buying new players to give Norwich a fighting chance of returning to the Premiership. As I''ve always said it''s not my intention to buy Delia''s shares or to pay off the club''s debt.

Along with everybody connected with Norwich City, I want the club to progress and not experience another season fighting against relegation to the First Division"

It contains TV sport listings for the day and 7 stories:

1. Top (rugby) referee Barnes coming to Norfolk

2. Fleming brought in to help Walsham (rugby)

3. (Dwight) Yorke signs up for another season

4. Blades strengthen their back line

5. Linnets begin Conference season with a long haul

6. Roeder brings foreign pair to Colney on trial

7. Huckerby''s Toronto trip

Unsurprisingly, none of these stories contain the above quote from Mr

Cullum, indeed none of them even mention Mr Cullum. In fact the only

mention of Mr Cullum I could find in the entire paper was in a letter

from a gentleman in Taverham - who, needless to say, does not use the

above quote.

Obviously there must have been a change in either the earlier or later addition. The King''s Lynn story in mine is on page 49. Very strange but I''m not making it up. The addition we had at work & the one delivered at home were the same 

[quote user="Good News Gordon"]

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Amazing, last week we established that Good News Gordons reports were less than accurate on transfers, so why is he now the expert on what has  or has not ever been offered. Mr Cullums offer is the only one provable according to a poster above.I am probably deluded but all I''ve seen are the press reports that state he offered £5 million last Autumn( whenever) with the promise of £15 million more and he wanted control of the club. In todays EDP he says he does not want to buy Delia''s shares or take on the debt so please explain in words one syllable how that works. I''m not being facetious I really want it explained to me[/quote]

I would stand up in a court of law and say what I saw, this is a serious matter I would not mess around

[/quote]

If you feel so strongly about what you would do in a court of law and, as you feel so obliged to come on this forum with both statements and innuendo in the interest of the fans, then why don''t you write the details to the newspaper with your real name and flush out "the truth?" In fairness, however, if I were your lawyer I would caution you not to.

No matter what people think Delia has no interest in the future of our club, only her own Robert Chase type Bank ballance, I f she turns Cullum away again, then I can see nothing but unrest amongst the natives and she will be told how we feel, I for one will be letting my thoughts known, I didn''t fancy the Spurs game but will be going if it is not sorted by then, as far as I can see she is nothing more than a selfish spoilt brat with a big dolls house and no body is going to play with it    

[quote user="pete_norw"]No matter what people think Delia has no interest in the future of our club, only her own Robert Chase type Bank ballance, I f she turns Cullum away again, then I can see nothing but unrest amongst the natives and she will be told how we feel, I for one will be letting my thoughts known, I didn''t fancy the Spurs game but will be going if it is not sorted by then, as far as I can see she is nothing more than a selfish spoilt brat with a big dolls house and no body is going to play with it    [/quote]

I totally agree pete. Im getting quite angry now. Us die hard fans deserve to be treated a lot better at our club.