Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

marcel desailly

marcel desailly has been released by chelsea, i wouldnt mind if he came to city but would be worried about a) age and b) wages,

I worry more about his ability these days, really went down hill last year.
We need players who want to be at FCR for the long term, not just for one last payday
( Steve Walsh & Tony Cottee anyone ? ).

Nice wind up Duke, you must be bored. At least I hope so.

They guy is useless now, past it, old, he''s a has-been, he needs to retire, etc, etc. In fact he was past his best when he joined Chelsea from AC Milan five years ago.

Another one for the ''Ridiculous Transfer Suggestion'' list.

The bloke has class but age has finally caught up with him. Age isnt a barrier - look at carbonari and ayala at Valencia - combined age of 73 just won la liga and did well in the champs league and neither have much pace. But his wages & our stated aim of ensuring we sign for the future means he will not be coming here.

I was interested to see that Wolves had signed Michael Duberry on a free. The jury is still out on him but the bloke had a bit of talent with strength and pace. The bit that caught my eye was that his wage bill remains at £25k per week - too high and the reason he couldnt be signed with confidence - but Wolves are only paying £5k of that - Leeds are stumping up the other £20k. At that rate I think he would have been a good signing for city... Ah well..

OTBC