Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Admit it Grant,This just isn't working !

I''m sorry Grant, but it just isn''t happening.

I don''t blame you, if offered the managers job at a championship side of course you''ve got to give it a try, it''s the people who appointed you that I blame.

The fact is we have now played 9 games now this season (7 laegue,2 cup) and all bar the first half against Barnet, the last 30 minutes againts Southampton and the first 60 minutes againt Cardiff (which we still lost) we just haven''t played well. Thats a game and a half in 9- just not good enough.

The constant excuses have now run their course.  The next four league games are now make or break for both our season and  for Grant -

Sheff Wed (h),Scunthorpe (h),QPR (a),Bristol C (h) -all games that there are points available from- I would suggest that if we lose more than we win from these games then thats it for Grant i''m afraid.

NCFC board of directors- hang your heads in shame.

p.s....

A certain high profile premiership London club this week intentified very early in the season that it wasn''t working for them and acted upon it.

For christ''s sake if it''s good enough for Chelsea its certainly good enough for us - two home league games coming up - a minimum of 4 points or time to go Grant.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]For christ''s sake if it''s good enough for Chelsea its certainly good enough for us - two home league games coming up - a minimum of 4 points or time to go Grant.[/quote]

Oh, not much difference there then... 

You''re comparing a Premiership club with a chairman who''s more than happy to give £25 million severance packages out, with the limited funds and options of a standard Championship side.

What a ridiculous statement to make.

You think we should change manager - that''s fine, you''re entitled to the opinion, but don''t make nonsensical comparisons between our club and a Premiership club with a multi-billionaire owner, who often displays having more money then sense.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]For christ''s sake if it''s good enough for Chelsea its certainly good enough for us - two home league games coming up - a minimum of 4 points or time to go Grant.[/quote]

Oh, not much difference there then... 

You''re comparing a Premiership club with a chairman who''s more than happy to give £25 million severance packages out, with the limited funds and options of a standard Championship side.

What a ridiculous statement to make.

You think we should change manager - that''s fine, you''re entitled to the opinion, but don''t make nonsensical comparisons between our club and a Premiership club with a multi-billionaire owner, who often displays having more money then sense.

[/quote]

Changing the manager now would work out alot cheaper than going down.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]The fact that they have money - has nothing to do with that.[/quote]

Of course it does!

They are in a position where they can pay Mourinho his £25 million, and go out the day after and secure January deals for players at whatever price they want.

We clearly have nowhere near this level of financial backing, and even for a manager at this level, we could easily be looking at £1 million or more as a severance package, money we can''t afford to just give away, particularly when there''s no guarantee a replacement would perform any better.

So what do we do then ?!?, just stand by and watch as this manager takes us down to league one??

I''ll bet you were one of those who kept defending Worthington when he should have gone a year before he eventually did?

It''s a fact of football, if a manager isn''t doing his job HE GETS SACKED !!!!

The crunch game for me is Weds - a poor team with just one win all season; 

The managers input to on pitch performances simply are not working - keep him as coach as there is a vancancy perhaps but we need  a man who can make a change;  however that will mean the next two seasons are ones of transition rather than just this on;  but its better to do that than transition in league 1