Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Has Grant lost the confidence of the players

Has Grant lost the confidence of the players, sounded like Burnley all over again, players decided they didnt want to play today, not a single shot on goal!

Hucks sounded totally fed up on the radio so I don''t think he''s very impressed with the way things are going at the moment!

sounds like it.

abject performance by the sounds of it.

Huckerby deserves better for his swansong season.

We deserve better.

This isn''t just aimed at Peter Grant, but right from the top, down to the players themselves (and fans), have got to take stock , look at themselves , take resonsibility and act...

whatever that action is.

Sad day.

Brellier & Shackell were a disgrace to their team mates & manager today

and to the support.

- No intelligence or discipline.

I wasn''t that keen on Dickson, and Earny was extremely profligate but I do miss Safri''s contribution (however compromised by Ramadan & The African Nations) he , for me, simply made us tick.

Strangely, given the signings made , the side seems more unbalanced than it ever was under Worthington.

Weird.

Southampton & Palace were lucky results. Not crafted, not created. What are we coaching ? and I don''t just mean the tactics.

sad day

And, has the team, lost the confidence of the fans??? All the negative stuff, written and said about the players, does get thru'' to them. How much does it affect their performance? Dunno, each team of players are different, I guess?

[quote]And, has the team, lost the confidence of the fans??? All the negative stuff, written and said about the players, does get thru'' to them. How much does it affect their performance? Dunno, each team of players are different, I guess? [/quote]

To be fair,it wasn''t the fans criticising Jamie Cureton after he bagged us a brace of goals at the begining of the season,or Picking a fight with Darren Huckerby.

If you are looking for a reason the players are demotivated, i think it lies a lot closer to the dressing room.

I just read this from a respected poster on WOTB....

2-weeks ago whilst picking my son up from football training, one of the other Dads

who 1 year supports Man U & the next year supports Liverpool tries to engage me in conversation , I always find this annoying as I don''t like doing unnneccasary pleasantries. Anyway he says have you heard about Craig Fleming, I say no & he tells me that he spoke with Flem & he is going to sign for Kings Lynn (he knows Flem & has spoken of him before). He then goes on to say that Hucks doesn''t want to play for the club & morale is dreadful. I treated the comments with disdain but I am now starting to wonder.

Posted By: lovely old job on September 22nd 2007 at 22:10:43

Says it all really, Just as Grant comes across as a baffoon to the rest of us, the players must think the same.  Duffy is another idiot running down our club. What the hell is going on Doncaster?

Cureton has not been the same player since Grant accused him of being unprofessional for not passing the ball.  He goes through a bad spell but then says back me to score; subsequently dropped for the Charlton game.  Grant goes on to say that Cureton accepted his decision to not play him.  Seems a strange way to treat last season''s top scorer in the Championship.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I just read this from a respected poster on WOTB....

2-weeks ago whilst picking my son up from football training, one of the other Dads

who 1 year supports Man U & the next year supports Liverpool tries to engage me in conversation , I always find this annoying as I don''t like doing unnneccasary pleasantries. Anyway he says have you heard about Craig Fleming, I say no & he tells me that he spoke with Flem & he is going to sign for Kings Lynn (he knows Flem & has spoken of him before). He then goes on to say that Hucks doesn''t want to play for the club & morale is dreadful. I treated the comments with disdain but I am now starting to wonder.

Posted By: lovely old job on September 22nd 2007 at 22:10:43

Says it all really, Just as Grant comes across as a baffoon to the rest of us, the players must think the same.  Duffy is another idiot running down our club. What the hell is going on Doncaster?

[/quote]

I think you''ll find that Doncaster is what the hell is going on.  Don''t look to Doncaster for the solution to our problems as he is the catalyst for a lot of them.

I don''t believe he has ever had the confidence of the players. I doubt whether many of them can understand what he''s talking about and it doesn''t appear they take him seriously. After the rubbish he comes out with most of the time you can see why.

GRANT OOT

Grant is the type who will try to demand respect...when we all know as adults that we have to earn it.

The flair players shut up shop when Smith appointed him manager and while some have since left...Hucks stayed with it until he too eventually got slaughtered. The "yes man" Grant-alike donkeys have since flourished and taken the stand.....hence the abysmal performances and seige mentality about the club. THIS IS GRANT''S NATURAL PHILOSOPHY...much akin to a back street Glasgow gang. There is no room for flamboyance a la Hucks in his toy box.

Grant leaving now however will do little to lift the club...and bringing in the likes of Gunn as a populist scheme was as cynical a move as I have witnessed by the CR spin machine. Sacked now or later the rot has reached the very core of the club....so he doesn''t immediately matter in the bigger picture.

Only a stripping down from top to bottom (including the Turners) will turn this club around....and if that means a foreign investor, then so be it. Such transactions can happily take place while fully protecting the integrity of the club....so please spare me the classic Hearts quotes yet again. We''ll never be anything more while the humiliating "little old Norwich" tag remains in place....and we all know who we have to thank for that don''t we?

Smith out along with her Board of disciples. Dongcaster out immediately....Grant out along with his calamitous Jock side kicks when any new owner is revealed (why pay him off for nothing?)....Gunn out along with his fellow easy ride merchants....and finally a total move away from the celebrity catering farce which now dominates NCFC.

Let''s once more have our honest football club back again.......and good riddance to those who stole it away from us those 10 plus years ago.

More importantly I think Grant has lost confidence in himself.  It will take a heck of a long time to get that back if at all and he will be long gone from here by then.

This has brought back memories of Worthy after the Burnley game.  When Worthy was being interviewed he was vague, rambled, a beaten man, he didn''t even know what the score was.