Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

"We havent got the money to compete" says Peter Grant - Bo**oc*s

He cant say we havent got the money, he''s talking rubish and i''m afraid i''m fed up with his excuses and i fear Grants time has to be up for the good of Norwich City Football Club.

His "we cant afford the players we want" rubbish is an excuse, not a good reason.  He''s trying to get out of a hole, and i''m afraid it''s time to see through it.

Perhaps i''m wrong, but:-

Bristol City

Burnley

Barnsley

Blackpool

Ipswich

Scunthorpe

ARE ALL IN THE TOP HALF

and they havent had anywhere near the money Grants had to spend yet they are competative in the championship with the sides who have spent big. There is something serisulsy wrong.

I hate to say it but Ipswich are the best example, there not world beaters but they are competative. They are made up of good youngsters, bargains from the lower leagues and some astute signings such as Counago, Lee, Miller and Legwinsski. Mowboray has spent the little cash he has had wisely, whereas Grant''s scottish expeditions have been pointless.

Grant needs to face facts, he''s failed, no more excuses, HIS team need to perform, he''s had long enough, his signings have had enough time and there not performing.

Also, some of the players he''s signed performed well enough at their previous clubs - Russell & Chadwick played in a Stoke side that has finished above us two seasons running and they only just missed out on the play-offs last year - by all accounts Brellier turned in some worthy performances for Hearts and as for Cureton, well we all know what he did at Colchester.

Many people are saying that Grant hasn''t been given the necessary funds to garner quality - but as you''ve stressed in your post there''s just six teams who''re doing much better than us who''ve spent practically nothing - teams that are cohesive outfits who''re playing decent football for decent managers.

There really are no valid excuses for Grants ineptitude as a football manager.

[quote user="HUDDY"]

He cant say we havent got the money, he''s talking rubish and i''m afraid i''m fed up with his excuses and i fear Grants time has to be up for the good of Norwich City Football Club.

His "we cant afford the players we want" rubbish is an excuse, not a good reason.  He''s trying to get out of a hole, and i''m afraid it''s time to see through it.

Bristol City

Burnley

Barnsley

Blackpool

Ipswich

Scunthorpe

ARE ALL IN THE TOP HALF

and they havent had anywhere near the money Grants had to spend yet they are competative in the championship with the sides who have spent big. There is something serisulsy wrong.

I hate to say it but Ipswich are the best example, there not world beaters but they are competative. They are made up of good youngsters, bargains from the lower leagues and some astute signings such as Counago, Lee, Miller and Legwinsski. Mowboray has spent the little cash he has had wisely, whereas Grant''s scottish expeditions have been pointless.

Grant needs to face facts, he''s failed, no more excuses, HIS team need to perform, he''s had long enough, his signings have had enough time and there not performing.

[/quote]

you might be suprised to know that Bristol City owner Steve lansdowne is one of the countries Richest men... he has bankrolled the reds to the championship and they will be the next reading as he bankrolls them to the premiership too...  im willing to bet they have got far more money than we have.

jas :)

[quote user="Shyster"]

There really are no valid excuses for Grants ineptitude as a football manager.

[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

And how many of those teams do you realistically expect to still be there at the end of the season?

[/quote]

I dont know, but i do know that most will be above us if things dont change, as will other teams whove spent less than us that i didnt even mention.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="HUDDY"]

Bristol City

Burnley

Barnsley

Blackpool

Ipswich

Scunthorpe

ARE ALL IN THE TOP HALF

[/quote]

you might be suprised to know that Bristol City owner Steve lansdowne is one of the countries Richest men... he has bankrolled the reds to the championship and they will be the next reading as he bankrolls them to the premiership too...  im willing to bet they have got far more money than we have.

[/quote]

So who is Bristol''s biggest signing to date, Jasmine?

I somehow think you''re missing the point - or evading it.

[quote user="HUDDY"]hate to say it but Ipswich are the best example, there not world beaters but they are competative. They are made up of good youngsters, bargains from the lower leagues and some astute signings such as Counago, Lee, Miller and Legwinsski. Mowboray has spent the little cash he has had wisely[/quote]

What has the West Brom Manager got to do with it??????

[quote user="barclayendstand"]

[quote user="HUDDY"]hate to say it but Ipswich are the best example, there not world beaters but they are competative. They are made up of good youngsters, bargains from the lower leagues and some astute signings such as Counago, Lee, Miller and Legwinsski. Magiltonhas spent the little cash he has had wisely[/quote]

What has the West Brom Manager got to do with it??????

[/quote]

Ooops.

Typing error!

Just unsuccessfully trying to pointout what a great job  Magilton has done at ispwich!!

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="HUDDY"]

Bristol City

Burnley

Barnsley

Blackpool

Ipswich

Scunthorpe

ARE ALL IN THE TOP HALF

[/quote]

[/quote]

So who is Bristol''s biggest signing to date, Jasmine?

I somehow think you''re missing the point - or evading it.

[/quote]

They spent close to a million on Lee Trundle.  They will be bank rolled, plus Bristol is a huge city

Three Points

One, When Peter Grant says we haven''t got enough money to compete for the Big name signings,i believe he is correct,due to the financial constraints he is under due to the Wage structure at Carrow Road.We are not going to entice big name signings down from the premiership,unless we are prepared to loosen the purse strings.Which i unfortunately cant see happening anytime soon.

Two, i believe that we were and still are able to attract,quality players from our regional neighbours,What would we give for another set of say McKenzie,Drury,Abbey,Neillson and Francis.From the likes of Peterboro,Cambridge,And MK Dons? To say our wage structure doesn''t compare favorably with theirs is frankly nonsense.The question is why is our local scouting network in such disaray?

Three I believe that Over relience on loan signings over the past three seasons is one of the main reasons we are in the situation we are currently in.Loan signings do nothing to strengthen the team in the long term,serving merely to paper over the cracks,and putting off shortcomings that need to be adressed the following season whereupon more pressing concerns might come to the fore.With no sell on value at the end of the contract.

Furthermore it has a tendency to remove the urgency of signing a player in the transfer season,with the hopes of relying on the altruism of the premiership managers to provide loan players after the window has closed. Something that has spectacularly failed this season RE a central defender.

think you spent bout same as wolves did in the summer,

eastwood - hot prospect   elliot - champ top scorer 2years ago  foley - young hungry new irish int  d.ward - you allowd one mistake

dave striker - good prospect but need time   cureton - last yr top scorer but ageing   russell - average champ player   marsahll - good player but was little dissopointd in him 2day

[quote user="Confused Des"]

Three Points

One, When Peter Grant says we haven''t got enough money to compete for the Big name signings,i believe he is correct,due to the financial constraints he is under due to the Wage structure at Carrow Road.We are not going to entice big name signings down from the premiership,unless we are prepared to loosen the purse strings.Which i unfortunately cant see happening anytime soon.

Two, i believe that we were and still are able to attract,quality players from our regional neighbours,What would we give for another set of say McKenzie,Drury,Abbey,Neillson and Francis.From the likes of Peterboro,Cambridge,And MK Dons? To say our wage structure doesn''t compare favorably with theirs is frankly nonsense.The question is why is our local scouting network in such disaray?

Three I believe that Over relience on loan signings over the past three seasons is one of the main reasons we are in the situation we are currently in.Loan signings do nothing to strengthen the team in the long term,serving merely to paper over the cracks,and putting off shortcomings that need to be adressed the following season whereupon more pressing concerns might come to the fore.With no sell on value at the end of the contract.

Furthermore it has a tendency to remove the urgency of signing a player in the transfer season,with the hopes of relying on the altruism of the premiership managers to provide loan players after the window has closed. Something that has spectacularly failed this season RE a central defender.

[/quote]

You''ve missed the point i''m afraid.

We have spent more than alot of sides, and we are and will finish well below sides whove spent nothing.

Its pathetic.

No More Excuses

Surely it''s bad enough seeing what kind of player he rates without spending our dwindling cash reserves....Just imagine how we''d all feel now if he''d blown our secret millions on more expensive donkeys?

The bloke couldn''t recognise talent if he went to bed with it.....and even then would seek a freebie whilst doing so. 

There is an element of truth to Grant''s statement. However, the signings to date have been poor and have not improved the side. We seem to have this strange idea that the Scottsih Leagues are full of quality players, even those who aren''t playing for their clubs every week. Let''s get this straight, you may as well sign someone from the Vauxhall Conference!

The problem is the same if not worse than before - no quality and too much of an easy ride. We simply don''t compete either financially or on the field.  At best, we may just scrape relegation. It is difficult to know who to blame - is it Grant, or is it the board for appointing grant and then controlling the purse strings to the extent that he feels hehas his hands tied and/or for allowing dubious clauses in "star" player contracts who wanted to get away? Is it the scouting network or lack of it? Is it the players?  The only certainty here is that it is NOT the fans - I am still both dumbfounded and delighted that we can put together 24,000 fans every home game, despite the rubbish that is served up every week. Anyone seen a decent game again this season so far? 

i know this comment will hurt you lots

but how much have ipswich spent in the last 3-4yrs n your know better off than them, i would think at moment they in for better season as they at least play as a team