Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Heads in the Sand

Surely time now for those people who thought we had a good transfer window to admit that we are worse off than last season.

I am afraid that we just have a bunch of second raters now and Grant has bought most of them so he can''t trot out any more excuses. Four losses after seven games so looks like we are on course to lose at least 20 this season and thats relegation form.

[quote user="Smudger"]You are one of the few that saw it during the transfer window RICARDO... and how right we were hey???  [;)][/quote]

Really disappointing performances, I feel really down and angry as I''m sure all supporters do. So Smudge, why are you so f happy?

I have to say that, after todays performance, and having heard two "on the spot" reviews by brave people that went there, I am swaying a little now.

Pathetic. I wonder what excuses he''ll drag out this evening?

A lot of people on here must be  eating humble pie now!, respect to people like Cluck/Smudger/Ricky Knight/Arthur Whittle/Ricardo/Mello Yello etc who have called this from day one and been consistent throughout with their views. Now we have to turn the heat up on some of these morons running the club!

Perhaps because some people are eventually taking off those yellow/green shades and hopefully we can see some DRASTIC CHANGE at our club, I sympathise with his suffering and all City fans at the mo but we need change and new direction NOW !

I think many of us suspected it, but most support the club and want to give it a chance - your ''I told you so'' attitude is nothing short of sickening.  You are not a supporter of Norwich City.

[quote user="Smudger"]You are one of the few that saw it during the transfer window RICARDO... and how right we were hey???  [;)][/quote]

[quote user="shortfatb"]

Really disappointing performances, I feel really down and angry as I''m sure all supporters do. So Smudge, why are you so f happy?

[/quote]

None of us are very happy about it mate but some of us are very angry that so many people swallowed this rubbish about how well we had strengthened the team. The truth is now plain for all to see. We must have conceeded nearly 100 corners so far this season which goes to show how under pressure we are.

Sorry folks but this is just not good enough for Norwich City supporters. If Delia and Grant can''t do better than this then they must go.

i find no happiness in being right, i have supported city for 40 years have the yellow and green in my veins but if some of these people come on  backing this regime tonight i will question their allegiance to our football club. The Stat count today is an embarrasment, the team is an embarassment, the manager should go and that should be Delia''s and her cronies last act before they get lost.

[quote user="shortfatb"]

[/quote]

Exactly. YOU WANTED US TO BE BAD. YOU''RE PATHETIC. YOU DONT SUPPORT THIS CLUB. =]

[quote user="shortfatb"]

[/quote]

All he cares about is how right he is. Just read his posts.

Every other fan is feeling down, disappointed and fed up atm yet smudger comes across like hes enjoying it. What hes actually enjoying is the "I was so right and you were all so wrong" feeling hes on right now.

Smudger, can you just forget that for a second and just be abit more helpful, and I don''t mean by saying (for the zillionth time) "Lets protest" - it doesn''t do F A. The board own shares in the club, they will not simply abandon their shares and go - someone must buy them. The Turners are the only hope atm of that happening.

[quote user="ricardo"]Surely time now for those people who thought we had a good transfer window to admit that we are worse off than last season.[/quote]

Well I''m one of the people who thought we had a good transfer window, and my opinion hasn''t changed in the slightest.

The issue for me is not actually the overall quality of the players we currently have, but the way they are being asked to play, and some of the actual selections.

It needs to be a 4-4-2 formation, preferably with this selection IMHO:

Marshall

Semi         Spillane         Shacks         Drury

Brellier

Croft                                                Hucks

Fozzy/Smith

Cureton         Strihavka

Subs

Gilks, Dublin, Russell, Smart, Martin

I''ve put Spillane in at the back purely because although Dublin may be the better option as it stands, going forwards, he''s not going to be here next season realistically, so therefore we need to get Spillane in the position now to develop his partnership with Shacks.

Brellier to play the holding role, and also giving the support to Drury as Hucks just isn''t going to help defensively.

We have the pace on the wing of hucks (at to some degree croft), with Smart on the bench as another quick option.

Fozzy or Smith to play the more attacking ''Fabregas'' role, looking for clever passes and providing a strong link with the strikers.

Cureton and Strihavka to make the most of our attacking ability, with instinctive strikers who can play quick football and actually know how to finish. Martin on the bench, as again I think going forwards, a potential partnership between him and Strihavka could be awesome.

How long does it take to realise that a long ball game does not suit our squad? Punting hopeful balls forwards to Brown et al is not going to get us anywhere. We need to be playing fast, attacking, possession football which utilises the abilities of the players we have.

Hucks, Croft, Cureton and Strihavka have all expressed their preference for balls along the deck as they are all at their most dangerous with the ball in this position, so why play high balls to them? Yes, we want players who can still do something with less than ideal balls, but in order to get the best out of them, we need to give them what they thrive on.

So there you have it, I think Grant''s signings have been good, what I have an issue with at the minute is his tactical choices which range from baffling, to bizarre, to simply garbage. This needs to change ASAP.

[quote user="shortfatb"]

[/quote]

Coz like I have said for ages now... it will take a bit of short term pain for long term gain...

I am not happy with crap performance upon crap performance and those that think I am are deluded in the extreme.

If everybody is so unhappy then lets see people showing it prior to the Sheff Weds match... this usless baord of ours that has been destroying the club over the past few years needs to be shown that their public has had enough.,..

Quite simply the ghost is up and it is time for Delia to walk the plank and string herself up with that very long rope that she has been making for herself!!!

I am happy because seeing so many fans disgruntled means that the time just may of come for a change... and a bretah of fresh air may begin to blow through the club over the next few months!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Surely time now for those people who thought we had a good transfer window to admit that we are worse off than last season.[/quote]

Well I''m one of the people who thought we had a good transfer window, and my opinion hasn''t changed in the slightest.

[/quote]

If thats the case Indy, then you are in for a long disappointing season.

Grant has tried the holding game (Brown lone striker) and today the more expansive (Cureton and Strihavka.) Neither has worked because the players are simply not up to standard.

How low to we have to get before some of you see this?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="shortfatb"]

[/quote]

Coz like I have said for ages now... it will take a bit of short term pain for long term gain...

I am not happy with crap performance upon crap performance and those that think I am are deluded in the extreme.

If everybody is so unhappy then lets see people showing it prior to the Sheff Weds match... this usless baord of ours that has been destroying the club over the past few years needs to be shown that their public has had enough.,..

Quite simply the ghost is up and it is time for Delia to walk the plank and string herself up with that very long rope that she has been making for herself!!!

I am happy because seeing so many fans disgruntled means that the time just may of come for a change... and a bretah of fresh air may begin to blow through the club over the next few months!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

Smudger....only someone with genuine passion could understand the thoughts we share. Maybe it''s just sorting the men out from the boys and will eventually see the end of the flim flam supporter who has invaded the club under Smith.

They won''t be missed. 

[quote user="ricky knight"]so all you positives are blaming Smudger today are you, well its different i''ll give you that.[/quote]

What?! No-one''s blaming Smudger for nothing, wtf?!

We''re sick of the fact that when we lose hes the only one on the messageboard as high as a cloud with delight that we lost. Come on even you can see that. Theres being negative and then theres being happy about an NCFC defeat.

When we win at least you post congratulations and enjoy the win, don''t you ricky? Does smudger ever do this? No, he prefers to wait until we lose and then come on here with the self-righteousness and ego tripping about how we were all wrong. We never see him on here when we win, do we?

He can feel great about how right he feels atm but right now I haven''t got time for his views. We''re all feeling fed up with things so we don''t need his ego making everyone feel worse.

The issue for me is not actually the overall quality of the players we currently have, but the way they are being asked to play, and some of the actual selections.

It needs to be a 4-4-2 formation, preferably with this selection IMHO:

Marshall

Semi         Spillane         Shacks         Drury

Brellier

Croft                                                Hucks

Fozzy/Smith

Cureton         Strihavka

Subs

Gilks, Dublin, Russell, Smart, Martin

I''ve put Spillane in at the back purely because although Dublin may be the better option as it stands, going forwards, he''s not going to be here next season realistically, so therefore we need to get Spillane in the position now to develop his partnership with Shacks.

Brellier to play the holding role, and also giving the support to Drury as Hucks just isn''t going to help defensively.

We have the pace on the wing of hucks (at to some degree croft), with Smart on the bench as another quick option.

Fozzy or Smith to play the more attacking ''Fabregas'' role, looking for clever passes and providing a strong link with the strikers.

Cureton and Strihavka to make the most of our attacking ability, with instinctive strikers who can play quick football and actually know how to finish. Martin on the bench, as again I think going forwards, a potential partnership between him and Strihavka could be awesome.

How long does it take to realise that a long ball game does not suit our squad? Punting hopeful balls forwards to Brown et al is not going to get us anywhere. We need to be playing fast, attacking, possession football which utilises the abilities of the players we have.

Hucks, Croft, Cureton and Strihavka have all expressed their preference for balls along the deck as they are all at their most dangerous with the ball in this position, so why play high balls to them? Yes, we want players who can still do something with less than ideal balls, but in order to get the best out of them, we need to give them what they thrive on.

So there you have it, I think Grant''s signings have been good, what I have an issue with at the minute is his tactical choices which range from baffling, to bizarre, to simply garbage. This needs to change ASAP.

[/quote]

Do you have a pal called ''Wilson'' who is actually a volleyball, with twigs for hair and a painted face that sits on your mantelpiece?

Look, I''m all for loyalty and mutely applaud your stance and opinion, but did you listen to Huckerby''s interview and his interpretation of the ability and quality of the current squad? He''ll probably be chastised for his comment''s, and I''m sure he don''t actually give a toot.....(and maybe he''s not bothered by the repercussions that I''m sure will be administered). I just can''t get my head round the fact that you think we''re somewhat unfortunate that we''re actually, quite crap! WE, need divine intervention with a battleship chain and a large tractor, to pull us out of it.

So you''re just unhappy with the manager''s tactical decisions and stuff and not the quality of his signings. So do you think he will learn from his mistakes...and will he and the squad turn it around?

[/quote]

Well when even our most important player says this is probably the worst Norwich team he''s played with then that rings alarm bells for me.

[quote user="ricardo"]Grant has tried the holding game (Brown lone striker) and today the more expansive (Cureton and Strihavka.) Neither has worked because the players are simply not up to standard.

How low to we have to get before some of you see this?[/quote]

The Ricardo is, that despite who we''ve played upfront, our overall playing style has not been one that suits the players we have.

We could have Henry and Owen upfront, but if the only real supply they are getting is hopeful longball punts in the air, what do you expect them to do with them? Imagine how well Tevez would have done in Bolton''s old formation? It''s all about playing in the right way, and we just aren''t.

We need to keep the ball on the floor, simple as. Play the short passing game, for god''s sake, we''ve clearly concentrated on getting player fitness levels up pre-season, so we should be using that to play a high tempo game, that we can maintain whilst the opposition struggle to keep up, all the while using the natural pace and skill of players like Hucks etc.

I fully maintain that the majority of players we have, ARE good enough, but they''re not going to show this when being asked to play the way they are.

Well which is it - the players or the manager????

I think the players are good enough but hampered by a lack of confidence - which is amazing since 8 of todays teamhave been here less than 12 months.    It seems there was no passion or committment from anyone bar the doc today and that is not the fault of teh board but teh players and the manager.

Blimey at least tuesdays 451 made a better stab of it than todays fans prefered formation,  mainly becuase it was a better balanced structure.

We have to get the best player in the best positions and a real midfield is needed - a proper 4 across teh park play passing football to the best footballers up front Dave and Hux or hux and cureton.

Until we get a team spirit together with the right formation we will continue to suffer from low confidence and a relegation battle all seaon, 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]So you''re just unhappy with the manager''s tactical decisions and stuff and not the quality of his signings. So do you think he will learn from his mistakes...and will he and the squad turn it around?[/quote]

Mello,

That for me is the KEY question.

Being honest, as it currently stands, I don''t see it changing - at least until we get Smith/Fozzy available, at which point we then truly have the correctly balanced midfield to play in the right manner. I''m not saying that I''m pinning everything on one of them, but the lack of a creative midfielder has resulted in us having to look at alternative methods as this is not an outlet which is sensibly available for choice, although I do personally feel that in fact either Croft or Chadwick could perform the role to a sufficient standard until the other players return.

So far it hasn''t worked. We have been too defensive in many games, and the balance clearly isn''t right. Whilst the players do have to accept some of the responsibility for this, the main onus is on Grant and his decisions, which so far haven''t been good enough.

What I do feel is reasonable however is that he''s given a chance to improve, see how we are when we get Smith in and the run up to Christmas period, and if it still isn''t improving at all, then the board needs to make the choice there and then about the manager, so that if they do decide to make a change, the new guy can try to use the Jan window to make possible signings either permanent or on loan. If they do keep faith with Grant, I would again expect to see postive changes being made to alter the present situation, and if it doesn''t happen, he''s got to go in the summer.

IndyBones wrote:

And just who is going to make the idiot ''change it'', since his decisions are baffling, bizarre and garbage? The idiot himself?

Let''s have a little logic here.

OTBC

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="shortfatb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger....only someone with genuine passion could understand the thoughts we share. Maybe it''s just sorting the men out from the boys and will eventually see the end of the flim flam supporter who has invaded the club under Smith.

They won''t be missed. 

[/quote]

I know Cluck.

Do you expect any changes happening soon though?

I fully expect no changes whatsoever... the flock will go along next Saturday and clap like seals as the ball bounces in off a Sheff Weds players backside to give us a last minute euqliser/winner that will see the majority happy until Christamas...

You know the story don''t you Cluck?

We have both been reading from the same script for at least a couple of years now haven''t we?

Shame so many seem unable to see the wheat from the chaff!!!!  [;)]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="shortfatb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They won''t be missed. 

[/quote]

I agree with you 100% they are not supporters. I will state what I have previously stated they are spectators and there is a big difference between a fan and a spectator. If I didn''t care about NCFC I wouldn''t bother to post on this site but, as |I do I will continue to post until Delia and  PLONKCASTER  are gone and  consigned to history.