Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Slightly baffled

Camul can well understand why many of you have got the hump (sorry, it''s a futile attempt to cheer you up!) over what was clearly a bad result today and over what some consider earlier poor results and if the remarks of Mr Huckerby are correctly reported then clearly things are not at all well.

I understand calls for the head of the Manager (whether you are right, I do not know, and I''m not qualified to say in any case) but I''m slightly baffled by the "Board out" bit.

Supposing they do all quit, what happens then?  Is there some millionaire backer waiting in the wings?  I presume Delia has that sort of money currently, the others I don''t know much about.

But where would your money come from if, in fact, they did as some suggest and walk away? And if there *is* a millionaire backer somewhere why hasn''t he/she/they come forward before now?

It is not in any way a loaded question - it''s a serious question.  According to what I have seen on this website the husband and wife directors have either promised money or committed money.  If they were to take their money and go along with Delia who would you approach for the replacement cash?

It is perfectly fair enough for people to want to replace the Board and/or The Manager but, I would suggest, you have to line up their replacements first.  In the case of the first I would think you would face financial collapse without successors in place.

Is there a queue of people waiting to bankroll Norwich City?

I can say, without fear of contradiction, that there certainly is not in the case of Colchester United. 

QPR seem to have an angel in waiting but that''s London for you - the place "where it''s at" right?

For all I know you are right to want to get shot of your Manager but I would strongly suggest that before you get rid of your Board/financial backers you line up their successors and check them out thoroughly first.

Are a number of extremely disgruntled fans able to do that do you think?  If not, I fear you are stuck with what you have got and, in that respect, you may be luckier than others.

Either that or put an ad in one of the Russian newspapers in the hope of finding an oil magnate whose Maternal Great Grandmother was born in the Workhouse in Bowthorpe Road.

By all means call for the head of the Manager (if you think that''s right) but if you want the Board to go at the same time I think you''ve some serious, difficult and unpaid work to do.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

Camul can well understand why many of you have got the hump (sorry, it''s a futile attempt to cheer you up!) over what was clearly a bad result today and over what some consider earlier poor results and if the remarks of Mr Huckerby are correctly reported then clearly things are not at all well.

I understand calls for the head of the Manager (whether you are right, I do not know, and I''m not qualified to say in any case) but I''m slightly baffled by the "Board out" bit.

Supposing they do all quit, what happens then?  Is there some millionaire backer waiting in the wings?  I presume Delia has that sort of money currently, the others I don''t know much about.

But where would your money come from if, in fact, they did as some suggest and walk away? And if there *is* a millionaire backer somewhere why hasn''t he/she/they come forward before now?

It is not in any way a loaded question - it''s a serious question.  According to what I have seen on this website the husband and wife directors have either promised money or committed money.  If they were to take their money and go along with Delia who would you approach for the replacement cash?

It is perfectly fair enough for people to want to replace the Board and/or The Manager but, I would suggest, you have to line up their replacements first.  In the case of the first I would think you would face financial collapse without successors in place.

I can say, without fear of contradiction, that there certainly is not in the case of Colchester United. 

[/quote]

isnt your chairman the owner of the largest online recruiter in the world (jobserve?) he will keep u in the championship for years and when the new stadum comes will stabilise u after that....

we have someone who can boil an egg....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

isnt your chairman the owner of the largest online recruiter in the world (jobserve?) he will keep u in the championship for years and when the new stadum comes will stabilise u after that....

we have someone who can boil an egg....

jas :)

[/quote]

Our owner is a West Ham fan who was their shirt sponsor for three years.  Born in the shadow of the Upton Park stadium, I think.  I don''t think he''s been to a single game this season yet.  At this stage it is not his money involved so far as I know.  The stadium is being paid for entirely by the taxpayer.

His predecessor was Blue&White most certainly but he''s retired now and it was him who set up the Stadium deal. 

At this time I don''t see any big time investors interested in Championship League clubs, except possibly in the London area and, while it may be quite right that your Board/Manager are duff, I am just wondering where this "Fairy Godmother" is going to come from.  If there was one presumably they would have noticed your club is having difficulties and stepped forward?

I can''t see any famous name Manager stepping up unless they are promised a lot of money to spend.  As I understand you are not currently in a position to do that.

Also it seems to me that if you did lose your entire Board some of them might want their money back - certainly the couple said to have loaned you £2m.  Don''t forget that loans to football clubs, among other things, are sometimes very useful tax devices for seriously rich people.

All our problems are football ones camul - the players dont commit enough and dont perform to their potential and they are following ill advised tactics;   so you are not alone in questioning the calls for a change in  the board.

That could change if they dont act decisively enough when the time come though - it took them a year too long to change worthy,  they can not repeat that mistake