Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

SO YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR DISATISFACTION KNOWN?

Simple, do what I am going to do and watch the Sheff Wed home game on Sky.

In other words do not turn up...en-masse.

This is better than turning up and creating the QPResque atmosphere for the football world to gloat at us for''

It is the most noticable indicator of discontentment and you still see the game.

It will lead to questions from the media on the day.

It will stop the Club taking it''s fans for granted.

There are more passionate fans than us who have taken their custom elsewhere ie Sunderland;  until the matter was resolved, but, of course you won''t. You won''t give it one game, just one game out of a season''s worth to really send a message.

I gave up a really good seat and a season ticket to make my protest which was nullified by those too scared of not getting in again to follow suit. I then exercised my discretion to give the Club three games.....but no more for the time-being I''m afraid.

But the rest will do what they always do....turn up, slag off the team on the pitch and moan like there is nothing they can do about it. But there is something, just don''t go....then see how a crowd of 15000 to 16000 makes the Board sit up and take notice.

I am in block c of the lower Barclay, I am up for a one match boycott, if we can get some support for it, a 60 mile round trip for me to watch the current tripe is worth giving a miss for once anyway!

it makes no differnce whatsoever if u dont turn up... mnost of the ground are season ticket holders.. if none of them turned up the Board wouldnt give a hoot as THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR MONEY! theyd just laugh and wave the chequest at the cameras...

the best thing to do is to go and voice your feelings.

jas :)

Season ticket holders SHOULD boycott this match - yes they''ve already got your money, but the catering revenue would be down and that would hurt business where the Board are concerned.

I know it''s been said a myriad times before, but if you diehards keep turning out in numbers the Board will only prolong the agony.  

For months now, I''ve been ''avin it rammed down my throat about how loyal Norwich fans are, "no matter how bad the situation is"?

"23,000 loyal fans, turn up every week, to support their team," is what  I''m told.

Trouble is, they will count you as being there anyway - I noted all the empty seats at the Palace game yet there were still "24,000" there.Two of our friends didn''t make it to the game but their season tickets are counted as being there - you will not that they do not announce the "today''s official match attendance is 24,342 with an 85% turnout" any more.Bit misleading but the percentage figure used to confuse the hell out everyone anyway!

Seems like a good idea to me as it would save the 160 mile round trip; and I remember the last time we played Shef Wed at home when they hadn''t won an away game.

I''m still going. No way could I miss a match, sorry. But surely the best way to make them take notice is to protest against them before/after the match (especially with the TV cameras there) and support the team during the match, regardless of the result?

"I''ve been ''avin it rammed down my throat about how loyal Norwich fans are, "no matter how bad the situation is"?

"23,000 loyal fans, turn up every week, to support their team," is what  I''m told"

Isn''t "their" team though is it - it''s your former assistants and he''s about as much use as tits on a mosquito.

If footballing brains were made of wool Grant wouldn''t have enough to knit a sparrows leg-warmer.

Happyhammer/Andy

For months now, I''ve been ''avin it rammed down my throat about how loyal Norwich fans are, "no matter how bad the situation is"?

"23,000 loyal fans, turn up every week, to support their team," is what  I''m told.

Wrong mate.......that number of people allegedly turn up on matchdays but they aren''t what I call "fans". Many are....but the Sammy the Seal brigade make up quite a volume at CR these days and they don''t really care either way when the final whistle blows. It''s just trendy entertainment for those who can afford a season ticket....and they''ll get bored soon enough. Then who will replace them?

It seems quite a few "fans" of other club''s are taking an unhealthy interest in NCFC these days doesn''t it?

[quote user="Cluck "]Happyhammer/Andy

Wrong mate.......that number of people allegedly turn up on matchdays but they aren''t what I call "fans". Many are....but the Sammy the Seal brigade make up quite a volume at CR these days and they don''t really care either way when the final whistle blows. It''s just trendy entertainment for those who can afford a season ticket....and they''ll get bored soon enough. Then who will replace them?

It seems quite a few "fans" of other club''s are taking an unhealthy interest in NCFC these days doesn''t it?

[/quote]

Take the first word of your post and add it to the back of this following sentence:

Actually cluck you are very very very ...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''m still going. No way could I miss a match, sorry. But surely the best way to make them take notice is to protest against them before/after the match (especially with the TV cameras there) and support the team during the match, regardless of the result?[/quote]

didnt work with worthy.  anyway if they do sack Grant, they will only appoint Jim ''relegation manager'' Duffy to the role.

which they already have the money for Rude old.. so an empty seat makes no difference... its like a car... a car with no driver makes no difference... a car without petrol is..

jas :)

at the moment, the thought of protests is too much for me.  i don''t need all the hassle. i just want to turn up and see a decent game of footy, which given our full houses, city fans deserve.  to my mind - the smiths have had a good run - in the best interests of NCFC, they should seriously consider their position and do the honourable thing.  their plan isn''t working.  they''ve had the good times, as we all have, but they should recognise that after 10 years, maybe its time to move back into the kitchen, or malta, whatever - step aside and flog the club.  i think they are the main problem with city.  at least south and chase knew when it wasn''t up to scratch and weren''t afraid to sack underachievers.  this lot seem to act like amatuers half the time.i don''t want to protest and get into a load of argy bargy - i desparately wanted pg to succeed, but if it comes to it i will, as i''ve done before.  i truly believe we are in crisis.  we''ve no money, and performances that are way off the scale of anything remotely acceptable. 

Quite frankly, I don''t think the board give a monkey''s whether we sit in our plastic pews, as already indicated.......they''ve got the dosh....."Mwaah mwahaha mwahahaha!" laughed ''Dr Donk and Mini Mumbles'' with ecstatic applause from the hierarchy.......

Adverse publicity would get the point across, and in the full view and microphones of the satellite soccer Skysters......

The board have enjoyed and have always portrayed a happy club, with an always cheerful and obedient support of conforming fans.......If left unchallenged, they''ll just carry on peaking and troughing and sending out soundbytes, "we''re all in it together" "we have no dosh" "we''re going to knuckle down" etc, etc........

Just a few vocal and negative chants inside the ground - directed toward the Director''s/Dictator''s box, would let them know that folk aren''t happy and are running out of patience.......You never know, it mightn''t fall on deaf ears......

In reality, we all know that the club will ride out the storm, we may beat Wednesday, and normality will return to the easily pleased......Till the next time.......probably.[:|] 

[quote user="Cluck "]Happyhammer/Andy

[/quote]Yes Cluck you are right! Who will replace these people?! I can granentee it won''t be you or smudger....

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Cluck "]Happyhammer/Andy

[/quote]

Yes Cluck you are right! Who will replace these people?! I can granentee it won''t be you or smudger....
[/quote]

I can guarantee it will when people like you who do not have the first clue about football move on over!!!

[quote user="jetstream"]Trouble is, they will count you as being there anyway - I noted all the empty seats at the Palace game yet there were still "24,000" there.

Two of our friends didn''t make it to the game but their season tickets are counted as being there - you will not that they do not announce the "today''s official match attendance is 24,342 with an 85% turnout" any more.

Bit misleading but the percentage figure used to confuse the hell out everyone anyway!
[/quote]

Yes they do count you as being there because you''ve paid for your seat. Ipswich have the same system and only managed 18,800 yesterday with Sky coverage, so will be interesting to see how many we manage.

[quote user="Smudger"]

I can guarantee it will when people like you who do not have the first clue about football move on over!!!

[/quote]

...so speaketh the one who last season said "we will be relegated: FACT", and predicted no points from the first two games this season....thereby proving that you do have ''the first clue''?  Hmm....

For goodness sake, stop hiding behind the excuses....''they''ve got my money and count tickets sold'' or ''I want to turn up and make my feelings known.''

They know they have your money, you know it, apart from the programme and pie you won''t hurt the Club financially but they will wonder why people who have actually paid for the privilege then don''t bother turning up.

As for protest, why lower yourselves on TV to the nation? Why turn up at all if not to fully back the side (and protests against the Board or Club do detract.

We need a Czech/Slovak style velvet revolution not a Bosnia/Serbia etc self deprecating split.

Be honest some of you, you like a moan but when it comes to putting your money where your mouth is you go into your shells....and that is why we are the Club we are...underacheiving and, when we get it, frightened of success.

If you are considering a blame game then look at the stupid and complicit fans.''Duh! I''m loyal!''

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Cluck "]Happyhammer/Andy

[/quote]Yes Cluck you are right! Who will replace these people?! I can granentee it won''t be you or smudger....[/quote]

[/quote]Meh, you bore me with your rubbish. I probably have more clue about football but that''s beside your point because you are still too obnoxious to see past your own hatred. It''s about enjoyment, I would go to football matches if I didn''t enjoy it, and I support my team because I enjoy supporting my team. Everytime we win I feel like shouting out and signing and laughing in the face of all my mates who supports teams that have lost. Mind you, I guess it''s the opposite for you, you prefer us to lose.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Cluck "]Happyhammer/Andy

[/quote]

Yes Cluck you are right! Who will replace these people?! I can granentee it won''t be you or smudger....
[/quote]

Your guarantee (I think that is what you were trying to spell)  is as worthless as your spin mate. As a supporter for 44 years I''ve sat through some dire tripe in my time...but never thought of walking away until now. As it is with this lot in charge and clowns like you calling themselves supporters I''m taking a break....

When your mentality type has moved on to the next trendy entertainment source and real football people once again direct the future of the club I''ll readily come back to the then half empty stands. At least at this point I will be certain that the bloke next door to me knows which colour Norwich are wearing and won''t be shy in speaking out when things turn bad. 14000 people with heart easily outweigh the current 24000 people with appropriate income. 

Squeaky fans who wet their pants when someone shouts out behind them belong in church not a football ground....and the sooner you toddle off elsewhere the quicker the grass roots football will return to the game.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

For goodness sake, stop hiding behind the excuses....''they''ve got my money and count tickets sold'' or ''I want to turn up and make my feelings known.''

They know they have your money, you know it, apart from the programme and pie you won''t hurt the Club financially but they will wonder why people who have actually paid for the privilege then don''t bother turning up.

As for protest, why lower yourselves on TV to the nation? Why turn up at all if not to fully back the side (and protests against the Board or Club do detract.

We need a Czech/Slovak style velvet revolution not a Bosnia/Serbia etc self deprecating split.

Be honest some of you, you like a moan but when it comes to putting your money where your mouth is you go into your shells....and that is why we are the Club we are...underacheiving and, when we get it, frightened of success.

If you are considering a blame game then look at the stupid and complicit fans.''Duh! I''m loyal!''

[/quote]

You are right rude ole - and I can totally understand where LGT is coming from;  the abuse from the last lot of demos and petition collections was unwarranted and unpleasant - and shows just how narrow minded most city fans are;  

A couple of the prime movers last time got serious aggro and I cant see the internet revolutionarys of smudger (you arrange and I will be right behind you - ha) making that much of an effort or putting themselves out despite their ''deep love of the club'' - committment - dont make me laugh.  

If you are so right - arrange it yourselves!   This board was full of it last time around but on occassions less than 50 turned out despite large emailed and posted support.  Too many fans on here deserve the club to be where it is today because they are as apathetic as the players were yesterday - especially those who sit behind a computer typing vitriole without daring to show their faces in public.

I will be at the game supporting the team,  I desperately want my club to succeed, I dont want them getting relegated and thinking my vocal support may have got that crucial point to avoid the drop at the end of the season;   that does not mean I like what I see,  nor condone the managers tactics. 

So, we loose a couple of games and once again it all talk of ''protest'' and ''staying away''. Pathetic. Of course these defeats were bad defeats, and we are in a spot of trouble, and Grant has a job on his hands. But what has happened to some of our fans so that they have lost the ability to give constructive criticism, falling back on the lazy ''worthy out'' mentality. Look, when you have a man like Robert Chase at the helm, that''s when you ''Protest''. The fact is this is a tough division, probably much like the old First Division, todays Premier League (basically a dull league) is now a ''world league''. Our History suggests that we have spent most of our time in and around this type of position, basically mid table 2nd Division. We have no right to be highier than all those other Clubs who are our rivals (Palace, Coventry, Southampton, Leicester, etc etc). Grant is trying to build a team, and this takes time, so lets be critical, but lets get real, and lets enjoy supporting the Club we love. 

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Cluck "]Happyhammer/Andy

[/quote]Yes Cluck you are right! Who will replace these people?! I can granentee it won''t be you or smudger....[/quote]

Your guarantee (I think that is what you were trying to spell)  is as worthless as your spin mate. As a supporter for 44 years I''ve sat through some dire tripe in my time...but never thought of walking away until now. As it is with this lot in charge and clowns like you calling themselves supporters I''m taking a break....

When your mentality type has moved on to the next trendy entertainment source and real football people once again direct the future of the club I''ll readily come back to the then half empty stands. At least at this point I will be certain that the bloke next door to me knows which colour Norwich are wearing and won''t be shy in speaking out when things turn bad. 14000 people with heart easily outweigh the current 24000 people with appropriate income. 

Squeaky fans who wet their pants when someone shouts out behind them belong in church not a football ground....and the sooner you toddle off elsewhere the quicker the grass roots football will return to the game.

[/quote]I really do not understand your mentality. Just because I am not pessimistic all the time that makes me not a true fan, that makes me a bad person, that makes all the little kids who would dream of playing for norwich, all the teenagers who have grown up to nothing but norwich football,  all the fans and stakeholders of the club who want the best and hope for the best for an incoming season bad people too?!You really are misguided. I do not buy the Cr@p that doncaster and co. sprout out every week. I do not demand peoples heads to roll all the time and I certainly do not slag off true fans who want the best for their club. Supposedly we support the same team, I do not see it. On a match day I never ever see you come on here and post before a game like CA etc. saying "i really hope we win today" all you and smudger and the moaning section of this board ever come on here to do is to slag off our club and the people who support it. I would say grow up but you claim you are like 900 so obviously when you pass into treble figures you can be as obnoxious as you want and can support your team who you so dearly love by bemoaning them constantly.Btw who is your favourite player? Or don''t you have one?