Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Hate to say we told you so Mr Grant

This message board has been littered with pre season concerns about the need to replace one if not two of our centre halfs with quality signings. Each time we kept thinking maybe the next one will be one , and time after time it was either  a new striker or midfield player. Mr Grant in his infinite wisdom did not bother to sign anyone reliying on Doc and Shackell with cover from Dion. We all knew that was never going to work, and I predicted that it all could come unglued if we did not get some quality in our back four.

And now we have got our just desserts and who is left now for our next game to partner that great defender Doc who I see once again gifted a goal to Wolves as he tripped over his own feet and nearly fell on his backside. MrGrant if he had any proffessional pride would walk and walk NOW! No doubt he will not and instead soldier on until we are relegated. He has the cheek now to also blame a lack of funds! No sorry that will not wash at all. Ok we are not flush with cash but there are other clubs doing far better than us with less cash.

Mr Grants big mistake was not to invest where there were real issues that is in defence. Yes he got Marshall but every one could see that match after match last year Doc and Shackell were just not good enough. Away from home you need a solid back four to play offside and thus push up the pitch otherwise you end up with a midfield collapse into the back four as clearly happened at Wolves and Charlton.

The Charlton game was I suspect the pivot point in our season. Mr Grant decided we are at Charlton we will be lucky to grab a point so lets pack the defence. He didnt play ANY strikers who had scored this season. Charlton must have been laughing their socks off. Result a demoralising defeat and our best player sent off.

Actually apart from the centre halfs I think he has assembled a good squad which could do the job, however I am absolutely convinced he hasnt a clue how to manage a team. His public outbursts about individual players are not helpful and he has clearly no respect from the players as they showed when they did not respond to his half time talk at Wolves.

I am actually not proud to say that I want us to lose and lose heavily our next few games so this manager goes and goes soon because I really believe he has the ability or lack of to take us down to the next division

I AM AFRAID WANTING NORWICH TO LOSE THE NEXT FEW GAMES SO THE MANAGER GOES ISN''T GOING TO WORK,PREHAPS LOSING A FEW NEXT SEASON IN DIV 1 MIGHT,SURELY YOU REALIZE OUR BOARD WILL SUPPORT GRANT FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS COS HE''S A WINNER

What game do you watch, at wolves yesterday 80% of the team are not up to it fact.Watching highlights again to day apart from shacks last ditch clearances we could have lost 4-5 goals.Every week its the defence the defence the defence.Not a single midfield player apart from poss russel wanted to play yesterday and when they did get the ball they lost it time after time.Up front dave was terrible.The main thing is that this happens week in week out so lets look at the facts first not look at doc/shacks partnership etc The new players are not up to it fact.Sitting in the stand yesterday everyone one saw lappin get the ball taken from him every time, but again this happens every week.I think that doc/shacks need a team in front of them not to be there for cannon foder each week.

Sorry you really dont get the point. The best recent example was Sven. He had a great squad with England but not a clue how to play them . As a result the key ingredient slowly seeped out of the team CONFIDENCE.

At Charlton, Grant rather than go into the match positive from the last game went negative. That attitude seeps into the team, they believe they are not upto it. Anybody who watches football over many years will tell you that a team can be transformed over night or even at half time by the right motivation. I have seen enough of the team to believe as individuals they have got the right skills they just do not have faith in the manager. Each of those players brought in by Grant is rated by other pundits and often their own fans.

Huckerby in a way is a key indicator of what has gone wrong in a way. Ok he was injured and late into the side. But then played 120 mins at Rochdale for that VITAL Carling Cup tie. Then the vital home match against Cardiff sat on the bench and brought on when all too late. That kind of tactical stupidity when repeated as with Dave the Striker gets first goal against Saints and then sits on the bench for the next match. This when repeated time after time means Grant loses any respect from the players they lose motivation and confidence.

Doc has given two goals away in the last two games and Shacks as captain should be able to motivate and organise his defence better and not get sent off for a stupid challenge in midfield.

Sorry but I am convinced some of the lads on this message board would do a better job than Mr Grant. He hasnt even replaced Mr Hunter who clearly left because he didnt like what he saw!