Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Hucks on radio Norfolk.

What a loasd of rubbish JB even Hucks cant carry this shower. You will blame anyone except the right people. Is this the same Hucks whose goals help keep us up last season, who has carried this club through some real lean times and now has the bottle to speak out against us looking like relegation fodder, have you thought pal, he might actually care about this club, same old story anyone speaks out must be a traitor. Let me tell you, Rooney, Gerrard, Terry any single player could not get this team going, face facts, Grant is useless, the board are a disgrace and the tide against them is turning and yes i am happy about it and well done Hucks for speaking out.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

Er- no. He''s the one player, bar Dublin, who looks like he gives a damn.  I applaud his decision to use the radio interview to air his views, and hope (but don''t expect) it might lead to a few questions for Grant and Duffy.

[/quote]

He looked as if he cared yesterday? Er - no. He looked as if he gave a damn against Charlton or Palace or Cardiff? Er - no. He''s dragging the team down - they played better without him. Sad but true.
[/quote]

Unfortunately this might have some truth in it. Grant seems to get confused once Huckerby enters the equation.

All I can say is what I hear in this interview is one of our best players of the last few years, and someone who I believe has proved his commitment to the cause, sounding frustrated, angry and let down by the way the club''s been managed (or mismanaged) over the last three seasons.  No, he''s not been his best this season himself, and that''s probably part of the reason he sounds as fed up as he does - but to say this is somehow his fault, or that he''s the reason we''re so poor, is ridiculously simplistic and misguided. 

Frankly, it''s a nice change from the usual "at the end of the day we tried hard but it didn''t click, the lads are gutted and working on putting it right for our wonderful fans" kind of guff we''ve been hearing for what feels like the last five years.  Explain to me again how getting rid of one of our best players would help the situation?

And Grant gets confused once formations enter the equation, never mind Huckerby.  The contents of a can of alphabetti spaghetti is better organised than our defence and midfield at the moment. 

Anyway, we''ll probably see what we''re like without him when he gets benched for the next couple of games.  I would hope Grant would use this to motivate/fire the players up, but I suspect this may not happen.

Every win and every goal scored this season has come without Darren Huckerby on the pitch.....

does he change our game plan too much? do we automatically go into "hucks mode" when he plays and rely on him too much trying to flick the ball to him all the time? Last season he played and scored goals, yet we played poorly and finished in a lowly position....

the question now is is Hucks our talisman still? i he still the man who wins us games? or as Rude old said in the week is he now becoming a liability..?

People say we have to jiggle around the team to suit hucks yet Grant has done that in the last 2 games and we have been awful and lost both... Where then does Darren Huckerby fit into the side.. if at all?

what does everyone think? do we play him because he CAN be a match winner or do we play him because of past glories.. or do we drop him and stick to the winning formula we had with him on the pitch....????

jas :)

Be honest............without the ''mystery backer'' this Board would not have even bought Huckerby. They have always been prudent to the detriment of any ambition, even when it has stared them in the face.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

Anyway, we''ll probably see what we''re like without him when he gets benched for the next couple of games.  I would hope Grant would use this to motivate/fire the players up, but I suspect this may not happen.

[/quote]We''ve already seen what we''re like without him this season - and we''re better. We played better in the Cardiff game (except for some serious bloopers) than I''ve seen us play for a long time - before Huckerby came on. And who''s saying it''s all his fault? Certainly not me. But for sure he, as the senior player out there on Saturday, and the guy with more kudos than the rest of the team put together, must take a proportionate share of the blame. Instead, he''s tried to shuffle it off elsewhere, and that is not acceptable. I''m sure the other players are well aware of that.

[quote user="ricky knight"]What a loasd of rubbish JB even Hucks cant carry this shower. You will blame anyone except the right people. Is this the same Hucks whose goals help keep us up last season, who has carried this club through some real lean times and now has the bottle to speak out against us looking like relegation fodder, have you thought pal, he might actually care about this club, same old story anyone speaks out must be a traitor. Let me tell you, Rooney, Gerrard, Terry any single player could not get this team going, face facts, Grant is useless, the board are a disgrace and the tide against them is turning and yes i am happy about it and well done Hucks for speaking out.[/quote]

Totally agree if you dare to speak the truth at this club you are declared a traitor and not a real fan, all city fans want success but some of us are willing to speak our minds!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Every win and every goal scored this season has come without Darren Huckerby on the pitch.....

[/quote]

Except when we beat Palace (although he was subbed with about 10 minutes to go).

I''m sorry - i respect everything Hucks has done for this club and he is one of the better players in my supporting lifetime (18 out of my 20 years) and he has been fantastic for us since we signed him. However i take issue with his comments yesterday as whilst Grant continues to play players on reputation rather than merit we don''t stand a chance. Huckerby is one of those players.

I do not have a shadow of a doubt that Hucks loves this club as much as we do - but he has been diabolical this season - and looked absolutely bewildered when in possession. I was at the game yesterday and watched him amble about slowly towards our half whilst wolves were on the counter attack - i saw him get played in and instead of run at the defender as a fit confident huckerby would, turn backwards despite having support screaming for it in the middle, and had he turned on the gas would have been yards past the defender.

He can say what he likes about his team-mates but his performance was the poorest of the lot yesterday - In my opinion and that of the player ratings in the News Of The World who gave him a 3 (our worst mark). He was shambolic yesterday and maybe he should try a little bit harder before criticising others as i can guarantee you, unless he was very injured, in which case he shouldnt have been playing, he didnt even give close to 10% effort, let alone 100%.

Good Point Jas.

Personally i think the opposition have worked out how to nullify us.Cut out the supply to Huckerby or Channell him out wide and we are forced to resort to hopeless longball punts,because we are lacking any credible threat from the right wing,or from the centre of midfield.How many goals did our central midfield wiegh in with in the last couple of seasons? We are still missing the presence of Francis and though Ethutu was a shadow of him,russell and brellier both seem even more reluctant to make the surging runs into the box.

I have stated that i believe Huckerby played his best football last season further up the field alongside Chris Martin, the pair of whom appeared to strike up the sort of empthy,which it looks like Cureton and Brown will take a month of sundays to establish,i hope i''m wrong but it just aint happening,at the moment.

It sounded like someone on the inside who''s had enough and is telling the truth.

The truth is something that is very rear from Corrow Rd.

I would say the club is in melt down now and we will be lucky to stay up this season.

It''s a very sad day for NCFC but I bet our FOOTBALL shy NCPLC board couldn''t give a toss.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Huckerby needs to shut his mouth and play better. Then he might actually inspire his team mates rather than just writing them off.

Keane was shown the door at Manyoo for much the same thing. Then they won the league.