Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Hucks on radio Norfolk.

Hucks basically said that its the worst City team he''s  been involved in since he arrived, and again said that we sold etuhu, safri and Earny and are getting our just desserts. Spot on i say.

Who heard Darren Huckerby on the Radio

He was told to play up and shut up in the summer

How will Grant and the board re-act to what he said today?

Possibly the worse city side he has played in. He questioned the quality of recent signings, and was he expressing doupt about the management.

Think we are in trouble! 

Hucks has just said it all...the worse team he has played in!!

Get Out Grant, you are a disgrace!!

GRANT OUT!!

[quote user="Phatcanary9"]Hucks basically said that its the worst City team he''s  been involved in since he arrived, and again said that we sold etuhu, safri and Earny and are getting our just desserts. Spot on i say.[/quote]

is it the players, is it the coaching,is it the blend of personalities, is it the balance of the side ??????????????????????

thank heavens for Huckerby''s candour.  BUT,     HOLY S#*T

What happen''s next ? who goes ? who replaces them ?

It pains me to say but he is spot on with everything he has said.

Nine games and not one convincing performance.

No creativity and a defence that make it easy to score.

Too angry to even discuss why we did  not buy a centre half. The most obvious position that needed to be filled.

24,000 a week and its complete dross,

fans deserve better.

We are complete rubbish and have been for three years now.

A change is needed as Grants tactics and formations beggers belief.

Docherty as centre half, then we aint gonna finish higher than 18th

Haven''t heard myself yet - but if he has said this the club is falling apart and their is only one way to stop it. I expect some serious consequences in the next few weeks / days.

Hucks is of course right - we have all been saying the same thing since the start of the season, but for our best player to say this in public we are in trouble.

If the board or Grant take any action on Hucks - that could be the catalyst for the supporters to react because ultimately we know he is right.

Interesting times - we could be entering the Delia & Co end game

[quote user="sunset"]Hucks has just said it all...the worse team he has played in!!

Get Out Grant, you are a disgrace!![/quote]

Sorry, but I totally disagree. This isn''t the worst team Hucks has played in, and the only disgrace here is Hucks radio outburst.

Nothing like slating your teammates, manager and club in one fell swoop is there?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="sunset"]Hucks has just said it all...the worse team he has played in!!

Sorry, but I totally disagree. This isn''t the worst team Hucks has played in, and the only disgrace here is Hucks radio outburst.

Nothing like slating your teammates, manager and club in one fell swoop is there?

[/quote]

I didn''t think it was a disgrace at all, he''s telling it like it is. It proves there is no team spirit at all within the club.

Indy, Hucks is saying what we all can see, surely that it not a disgrace?

This is our prudence with naff all else coming home to roost in big style, it is going to be a worrying few months (even Ips**ch are coasting at 4-0, just when you think it can get no worse today).

20th after 7 games, yep Hucks, it is a bloody disgrace (on top of which, with shackell sent off and Dublin already out, Doherty is assured of yet more starts, oh dear oh dear).

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="sunset"]Hucks has just said it all...the worse team he has played in!!

[/quote]

You been talkin'' to your pal volleyball ''Wilson'' again, haven''t you!.......Now, put the absinthe down, make yourself some black coffee (about 8.5 litres should just about do it) and have a good nights sleep. Then tear down your personally signed photo of the NCFC board of Directors from your bedroom wall, smash your garden shed shrine to Delia with a 10lb sledge-hammer - then burn your video tapes of Neil Doncaster''s favourite quotes on Anglia TV and Look East.....There, now open your curtains and see the light.......

You''re surely on a bigger ''wind-up'' than the bloke who keeps Big Ben functioning......  

[quote user="sunset"]

Hucks has just said it all...the worse team he has played in!!

Get Out Grant, you are a disgrace!!

GRANT OUT!!

[/quote]

I think the word he used was "weakest" not "worst".  Same difference really but let''s stick to the facts.

[/quote]

Give me a break Indy, everything he said was 100% true, this is another problem the club have, fans who can''t see the wood for the trees!!!

[/quote]

Stop digging Indy. You are in a minority of one.Any action by the club against Huckerby is going to start an almighty row.

I have seen every Norwich City side for the last 55 years and yes, this is the worst bunch I''ve seen. The team that had to apply for re-election after finishing bottom of the third South in 1956 were a poor bunch but at least they played with some heart and had the excuse that the club was skint. What excuse have this lot got.

I admire your continued support for the team but sometimes you have to tell it like you see it and I''m telling you that this lot stink.

[quote user="ricardo"]

I have seen every Norwich City side for the last 55 years and yes, this is the worst bunch I''ve seen. The team that had to apply for re-election after finishing bottom of the third South in 1956 were a poor bunch but at least they played with some heart and had the excuse that the club was skint. What excuse have this lot got.

[/quote]

That the club is skint...?

[quote user="Phatcanary9"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="sunset"]Hucks has just said it all...the worse team he has played in!!

[/quote]

Give me a break Indy, everything he said was 100% true, this is another problem the club have, fans who can''t see the wood for the trees!!!

[/quote]

With the brains that these diehard supporters seem to possess I''d say that most of ''em still live in trees.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

That the club is skint...?

[/quote]

Yes we are skint.  We''re skint because despite all the bullsh*t about prudence the board has recklessly overborrowed to buy land that they can''t sell and fill in the NU Corner which should have waited till we could afford it, and now they''re up to their eyes in debt.  Robert Chase did the same but had the excuse that it had never happened before.  What excuse have this lot got?

[quote user="Phatcanary9"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="sunset"]Hucks has just said it all...the worse team he has played in!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you sure he''s a fan?

Sounds more like Grant''s wife, or Smith''s husband, or Doherty''s auntie, in disguise to me.

Declare your hand and own up Bones.

OTBC

It may not be the worst squad but there is clearly trouble in the dressing room for hux to say this...  CHanges may be afoot after all.

What Hucks said my be true but it was unprofessional for him to announce it on the radio.  Having said that, it may be the catalyst needed for change and it will certainly get the board''s attention.  The club is unsettled at the moment and this certainly wont help things.  For my part, I reckon we should give Grant another month or two to cement his squad - then if necessary replace him before the Jan transfer window.

Grant has a plan.... but I think it could turn out to be a crap one!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="sunset"]Hucks has just said it all...the worse team he has played in!!

[/quote]

Stop digging Indy. You are in a minority of one.Any action by the club against Huckerby is going to start an almighty row.

I admire your continued support for the team but sometimes you have to tell it like you see it and I''m telling you that this lot stink.

[/quote]

Ricardo you lovely old boy ,do you think we will see the blanket coming round again ? It wouldn''t be much good people don''t have money now , they can''t throw their debit cards in .Was it 1956 ? I thought it was 1957 ,you are probably right my memory is failing me now , do you remember the E.D.P. paying the players wages ? Yet as you say there was no protests mind you they didn''t have message boards to stir them up and indeed no Smudger to toot them along , i suppose we just accepted it as our lot , hoping things would get better , funny how times change .Cheers old buddy .arrdee.

Hucks sounded hurt and genuinely sad for the fans. You can tell he really does have a special affinity for NCFC and as a supporter I feel sorry for him aswell. I''m worried he will leave in January. The current situation is not good and am concerned with whats going on behind the scenes... I felt very optimistic at the start of the season and felt Grant had signed a few decent players, however no one can tell me that I was wrong for looking forward to the new campaign as thats how I''ll be every year till the day.

I am a realist and can see things are terrible...Not ONE decent performance all season. Mourinho, please take a wage cut!.....

It may be the worst team, but Huckerby was part of it, and should be ashamed of that - and he wasn''t even the best of that very poor bunch. This outburst just shows his lack of respect for the Club and his team mates - who can imagine Dublin saying something like that about his team mates? He should know that football is a team game and you never diss your team-mates. If Huckerby is still such a great and indispensible asset to us, how is it that we haven''t scored one goal this season while he''s been on the pitch? How is it that we finished so low last season, when he played almost every game - and we had his precious Safri, Etuhu and Earnshaw? Where are these flashes of brilliance? In the past, is where. I''ve lost all respect for him, and I think he should go. As I said on here a few days ago - he''s become an arrogant, petulant prima donna. Time to get your coat, Darren.

[quote user="Old Boy"]As I said on here a few days ago - he''s become an arrogant, petulant prima donna. Time to get your coat, Darren.
[/quote]

Er- no. He''s the one player, bar Dublin, who looks like he gives a damn.  I applaud his decision to use the radio interview to air his views, and hope (but don''t expect) it might lead to a few questions for Grant and Duffy.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="sunset"]Hucks has just said it all...the worse team he has played in!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ricardo you lovely old boy ,do you think we will see the blanket coming round again ? It wouldn''t be much good people don''t have money now , they can''t throw their debit cards in .Was it 1956 ? I thought it was 1957 ,you are probably right my memory is failing me now , do you remember the E.D.P. paying the players wages ? Yet as you say there was no protests mind you they didn''t have message boards to stir them up and indeed no Smudger to toot them along , i suppose we just accepted it as our lot , hoping things would get better , funny how times change .Cheers old buddy .arrdee.

[/quote]

Hi Ray, hope you are keeping well.

Yes, I remember the blanket coming round the ground at half time. Most people were chucking shillings in (5p). I think I chucked a sixpence in which represented half of my pocket money at the time. It was the 1956/57 season and yes you are right it was in the early months of 1957. I don''t think we will ever see those days again, people are much more cynical these days. When the club got in trouble everyone rallied round and did their bit to get us out of it. Today the first thing we do is look around for someone to blame. People are far less accepting of things nowadays compared with the 50''s and perhaps thats a good thing.

I am of the opinion now Ray, that we need a radical change. I had hoped Granty would make a difference but what he''s doing is not working and if this is allowed to go on much longer we will be in a relegation fight. I know Smudger can rub people up the wrong way but it looks like his predictions are coming true. This lot in charge couldn''t run a sweet shop, let alone our football club. If they haven''t got the money then for Christs sake get somebody in who has. It doesn''t matter to me if the come from Norfolk or Norway.

Ray, we started our love affair with Norwich City in the old Third South. We don''t want to end up as old men back in that same third tier of English football.

Time for action I say.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

Er- no. He''s the one player, bar Dublin, who looks like he gives a damn.  I applaud his decision to use the radio interview to air his views, and hope (but don''t expect) it might lead to a few questions for Grant and Duffy.

[/quote]He looked as if he cared yesterday? Er - no. He looked as if he gave a damn against Charlton or Palace or Cardiff? Er - no. He''s dragging the team down - they played better without him. Sad but true.

The truth is Hucks has carried us when he signed... for a season... when he could...

Prem... he couldnt really do it... if he could money would have talked and he would have left... he flattered to decieve...

Last year... overall his standards had slipped... he looked half the player and only showed in patches...

This year... hes shot... and thats his frustration because HE cant do it....

He was very poor yeaterday... gave the ball away consistently... only made two significant runs all game... one when he had already got behind his marker... but he was still caught and checked back before he got to the area both times.... didnt get in behind them so much as once... in fact he never got behind anything yesterday including the ball... he cant do it anymore...

When did you last see him aggressively hit a byeline... or put a cross in?

Yesterday there was not one decent cross in the box all game... who''s job was it?

He was also puffing back to defend behind the play all the time... is he fit? Will he ever be fit again???

His attack on everyone was caused by frustration.... at himself....

What he did was stupid and will not help the team... what would help is if he started playing again ... or changed his game a bit... but truth is he cannot tackle... can not head... cant beat a player anymore and will not track back.... what other position could he play except left wing...

ITS OVER...

We need to move on without him.... cos with him... as a player... and a team mate... we will go down...

I was one of his greatest fans... but people who blame others when they are half the problem are not good... they become prime donnas... touche... no one here really cares about what you did hucks... you need to do it... and when you have played scoring 9/10 for 10 games then have a pop.... five games at 5-6/10 as a score... is the reality.