Sign in to follow this  
Darlo dumplin’

Dave Penney anyone?

OK firstly I admit that as much as anyone I was prepared to give Worthy and Grant a chance.  But in reality I was concerned that when the Board appointed Peter Grant and had not gone for someone with a track record of success in football management.  In Peter Grant they took a chance, in Dave Penney in my view it would have been much less so.  So where did he go? - Darlington, and where are they now? Top of the league, 5 clean sheets in 7, 3 goals conceded.

You might say that league 2 isn''t chamionship, but is that any more of a chance than the number 2 at a premiership side on the brink of relegation, who in reality was merely weeks from getting the sack? 

dave penney, paul ince, paul sturrock in that league would do job i feel

simon grayson, paul simson in ours i feel would do job at big team such as yours

heard them say some chelsea coach rated highly in the match yesterday - said he just missed out on leicester job to megson - maybe he worth a shout

For what it''s worth now, Dave Penney was my shout for Worthington''s replacement. He was even out of work at the time.

Ho hum.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

For what it''s worth now, Dave Penney was my shout for Worthington''s replacement. He was even out of work at the time.

Ho hum.

[/quote]

i too was a champion of the Penny cause.. he took Doncaster up and enjoyed a cup win over Villa wasnt it (or was it newcastle?). He has worked wonders at clubs with no money....  i dont want Peter Grant sacked but if he was then i would urge to seriously consider Dave Penny as next Norwich manager,..

If they dont..... then we could be playing the Darlo next season....

jas :)

[quote user="we8wba"]

simon grayson, paul simson in ours i feel would do job at big team such as yours

heard them say some chelsea coach rated highly in the match yesterday - said he just missed out on leicester job to megson - maybe he worth a shout

[/quote]

Norwich might have a chance with Paul Simpson - their fans want him out!  Sound familiar?

dave penney ha another comedian on this forum firstly GET GRANT OUT and replace him with someone gd like mourinho or benitez lol only joking on a serious note martin allen left leicester get him in and GET GRANT OUT, peter grant wank wank wank, peter grant wank wank wank

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Norwich might have a chance with Paul Simpson - their fans want him out!  Sound familiar?

true but he done a good job with medicore pne last year, and this year the sale of nugent hit hard n the rejection of darius henderson as well

[/quote]