Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

time for martin to save us again???

his goals helped save us from a relegation dogfight last term.he performed well in last reserve match.  he is comfortable on the ball, and can bring others into play.  he can hold the ball up as well.  he''s a better option than hoofing the ball upto brown.  he linked well with hucks up front last term, he can do the same with curo.  his was strong and man enough to be a match for derby''s darren moore last season, remember how edworthy had to chop him down from behind to quieten him down?  nuff  said.try him and curo up front versus man city, and maybe rossi, spillane middle and haliday in defence.

Oh yes. For godsake Grant BRING HIM ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play Jamie and Martin up front and play two wide men Croft and Hucks to supply them with the ball. Cut this long ball cr*p out and hey presto it might just work!!!!

and just one other thing "put the doc on the bench" but what do I know I''m not the manager!!! Yet...

Grant''s treatment of Martin is a disgrace. He got this club out of jail last season and how does the manager repay him? As i''ve said many times, If you are a good young promsing player at Carrow Road, get out of town. We only play youth when we really have to, as many managers including Grant believe it''s all about experience in this league, which is rubbish.

Bringing the young & hungry players in would surely make the regulars hungrier which could only be a good thing.

I can''t see which way Grant can possibly go otherwise, apart from straight out the door.

[quote user="Shyster"]

Bringing the young & hungry players in would surely make the regulars hungrier which could only be a good thing.

I can''t see which way Grant can possibly go otherwise, apart from straight out the door.

[/quote]

I don''t think there''ll be any doubting Chrissy Martin''s hunger over the close season lol

What a perfect time to blood some kids. Top opponents & manager, not expected really to get anything from it except damn good experience.

go out & play without fear... see what you can do against the best...

see who distinguishes themselves ?!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Bemuses me what he has done NOT to be in the side LGT.[/quote] I had heard that he was not picked because his fitness levels were not high enough when he returned from the summer break.

Given that we seem to lack a midfielder with creativity, then we could do worse than playing Martin behind the front two rather like a midfielder, but if Hux is playing he must be one of the two strikers. We dare not weaken the midfield any more, defensively, especially as we shall have a stand-in CD.He has the game to play behind the strikers, and he has played well there, sdo I would be happy to select him for this.

Martin was easily our best player on Sat... couldnt do a lot in a team of 9 but hes clever and strong... and getting stronger all the time...

And to be fair to Chris Brown he looked like he cared... Id play those two.... Dave Striker is not going to do it peeps... its just too physical for him here... Curo can only sniff... you have to be on top to get the best out a sniffer and we never are...

IMO... we should play these two and stick by them... both are youngish ... versatile etc... ok Brown has no goal as yet... but you cant replace the presence he has and imo the goals will come... CM should be a regular by now... he has really thickened up from last year... those two will hold the ball up AND score goals...

With Curo & Striker on Sat the ball just bounced back into our half off them...

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Bemuses me what he has done NOT to be in the side LGT.[/quote] I had heard that he was not picked because his fitness levels were not high enough when he returned from the summer break.[/quote]

He was frozen out after coming back from the summer not up to Grants fitness levels.

Murray''s fitness looks dire, but he gets picked?

Martin didnt get picked because he came back unfit and had an attitude about it.

BTW Martin is not the Messiah, he is not any better than Striker, Cureton and Huckerby and he was only an emergency last year. It will be amusing to see how you people feel about him when he finally begins to lose his greenhorn luck and becomes Brown Mk.II.

Am I the only one that sees this?