Sign in to follow this  
Nishclishbang

Four games to save your job PG ?

I agree with those saying its a bit early - the league is very tight and a win and a draw in our next 2 games (Sheff Wed and Scunthorpe at home - very achievable) will see us comfy mid-table, and Norwich shouldn''t be sacking managers if they are mid-table after 9 games. If we lose those and pick up nothing or very little in the next 2 (QPR away and Bristol City home - again games we expect points from)...then I can see the Boardroom stirring and saying we need to change things.

It doesn''t take Andy Gray to work out that if you sell 3 of your best 4 (Etuhu, Earnshaw and Safri) and replace them with lots of weaker players (Brellier, Russell, Brown, Lappin, Fotheringham, Murray), your side is worse not better off.

We didn''t sell 3 of the best - in two cases they were taken from us with compensation paid, which is not quite the same thing. I am not sure that their sucessors are each poorer players either. At worst the jury is out on Fozzy who, just before he was injured showed touches which filled us all with hope, Lappin is an infinitely better dead ball player than Safri and has probably already scored as many goals, and while Brellier has disappointed Hearts fans certainly thought we had a bargain!  Curo certainly has an age disadvantage, but he is a better team man than Earnie. It seems more than likely that if Curo had received some sort of service over the past few matches his scoring rate could be as good as Earnie''s.

[quote user="Nishclishbang"]

I agree with those saying its a bit early - the league is very tight and a win and a draw in our next 2 games (Sheff Wed and Scunthorpe at home - very achievable) will see us comfy mid-table, and Norwich shouldn''t be sacking managers if they are mid-table after 9 games. If we lose those and pick up nothing or very little in the next 2 (QPR away and Bristol City home - again games we expect points from)...then I can see the Boardroom stirring and saying we need to change things.

It doesn''t take Andy Gray to work out that if you sell 3 of your best 4 (Etuhu, Earnshaw and Safri) and replace them with lots of weaker players (Brellier, Russell, Brown, Lappin, Fotheringham, Murray), your side is worse not better off.

[/quote]

When I put forward the same point in July I was shouted down and told in no uncertain terms that we now had a far stronger team and that we had completed a very successful transfer window.

What a pity people could not see this at the time. We have been buying cheap and selling big for years now and finally the chickens have come home to roost.

Can anybody see us making money on this lot?

Salopian - From what I have seen Curo is a very similar player to Earnie, scores goals, misses a few chances and contributes little else to the team. Not all Hearts fans thought we had a bargain in Brellier, those I spoke to when it was rumoured he was about to join us told me that when he is good he is very good but his form is inconsistent, his distribution is poor, he will give away free kicks in dangerous positions and he will get a few yellow/red cards....and so far they have been absolutely spot on.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[quote user="C.T"]If PG only has 4 games then i believe the board have made a mistake he needs until christmas[/quote]

Weren''t you one of the "Grant Out Now" people from the last 2 days?

I could be wrong - apologies if I am.

[/quote]

No, i do not want ''Grant out now'' i want the board out. Grant can stay ...... for now

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Nishclishbang"]

[/quote]

When I put forward the same point in July I was shouted down and told in no uncertain terms that we now had a far stronger team and that we had completed a very successful transfer window.

What a pity people could not see this at the time. We have been buying cheap and selling big for years now and finally the chickens have come home to roost.

Can anybody see us making money on this lot?

[/quote]Norwich selling players for money! Are you mad!!!!!!!