Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

WHAT THE BOARD MUST DO IN THE SHORT TERM.

Sacking Grant is not something they should contemplate.

Finding a coach is important but not immediate either.

What the Board HAVE to do is tell Grant they will sanction a couple of loans:

1) For a centre half

2) For a creative midfielder.

It is vital to bring in new faces to lift the squad and essential to add quality before we fall so far behind we are in a relegation scrap. It is important too to appease the supporters.

To do this they have to face a reality. Whatever the wage structure the current playing staff are underperforming so have no reason to complain when the Board sanctions £50k per week, £200k per month and £600k until the New Year for two players with the ability to lift this Club.

The players are there, we just won''t pay the money for them. But if I was a Board member I would see this outlay as vital to protecting my overall investment.

I don''t accept we do not have good players, we do, but we are short of craft and flair.

This is what I expect our Board to do next week....anything less will be reckless.

I am not a great believer in Loan deals,particularly season long deals.because they paper over the squads short comings,for too long loan signings prevented us from adressing our shortcomings on right midfield. I would for the most part see our board,use the money to redevelop our local scouting network,surely Craig Morgan or Shane Blackett must be worth a look or two Before the transfer window opens?

http://www.theposh.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10427~22204,00.html

http://www.theposh.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10427~30919,00.html

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Sacking Grant is not something they should contemplate.

Finding a coach is important but not immediate either.

What the Board HAVE to do is tell Grant they will sanction a couple of loans:

1) For a centre half

2) For a creative midfielder.

It is vital to bring in new faces to lift the squad and essential to add quality before we fall so far behind we are in a relegation scrap. It is important too to appease the supporters.

To do this they have to face a reality. Whatever the wage structure the current playing staff are underperforming so have no reason to complain when the Board sanctions £50k per week, £200k per month and £600k until the New Year for two players with the ability to lift this Club.

The players are there, we just won''t pay the money for them. But if I was a Board member I would see this outlay as vital to protecting my overall investment.

I don''t accept we do not have good players, we do, but we are short of craft and flair.

This is what I expect our Board to do next week....anything less will be reckless.

[/quote]

Thats a sensible post with which most of us would agree.

I agree on a central defender, but I am not sure about Davenport, - he made mistakes when he was here before and I think did not look commanding.I didagree about a creative midfielder - we already have one on loan in Smith, and Fozzy seemed to be filling the bill. The biggest difficulty is that ujntil next summer who0 are we likely to get? Clubs are not likely to let outstanding midfielders go out on loan, anin the January window yopu are ripped off, as clubs you are desperate.I hate to say it, but we missed the opportunity this summer - Grant had meagre resources with which to replace the deadwood to keep the squad size up, replace the rats who deserted and also to take us forward. I can''t help feeling that some prospects were barely considered because the budget was too small, and we were outbid over fees and wages in the case of others. The clubs who will get promotion most years are those with deep pockets, and players costs have now risen above the resources available to our club. Unless we can produce some world-beaters from our own ranks, or some who will sell for hundreds of thousands rather than going on free transfers or being released, then promotion could depend on an injection greater than is likely. This is a pessimistic conclusion but has to be faced.I accept that we have good players. What we need is one or two well above this level, as Hux was when he burst on the scene here.

[quote]You really are confused aren''t you, Des. The bloody transfer window has closed and we are in the s***!!!! [/quote]

Yes you are right,we are in the shit lets get another two players in on loan,if we are lucky we might get a game out of them bofore they join smith in the phsyio''s.

Still no matter the easily pleased will be off the boards back,because of all the glamour of having a couple of bonefide Premiership Stars From Totteningham Hotspurs reserves associated with the club.

But you are missing the point,we haven''t been able to get a centre half in on loan since the begining of the season, what makes you think anyone is going to lend us one now? oh right because yeah right now,we really,really need one,yeah.

And in three months when they piss off back to the prem reserves with a substantial wedge of this seasons playing budget we will still need a replacement.

Look its simple,our scouting network is either non-existant or incompetent,and gunny''s corporate schmoozing is no replacement for shoeleather to the arse-end clubs in the middle of nowhere to find the raw talent that we are so in desperate need of.

Confused? no i''m just a bloke with an opinion and a comedy avatar.

Now, Des.........Des..................DES!

Listen..........

Look at Grants recent comments; he was actually telling the Board how much it costs. He talked about players on certain sums never getting a game in the Prem.

That was a clue.

Grant has been sent shopping to Poundland with a tenner when he is asking to be allowed to shop at Jarrolds with Delia''s store card and get something he really wants.

Get it......................................................................................................................Des!?