Sign in to follow this  
Chopper Harris

Team to play man city?

This one is not easy. Assuming Drury is still out, I would play the following line up                                  Marshall            Semmy          Doc            Halliday      Jarvis          Croft     Murray         Rusty          Lappin           Hucks                                          Davedoesn''t fil me with confidence though!

[quote user="Chopper Harris"]This one is not easy. Assuming Drury is still out, I would play the following line up

Marshall
            Semmy          Doc            Halliday      Jarvis
          Croft     Murray         Rusty          Lappin           Hucks
                                          Dave

doesn''t fil me with confidence though!
[/quote]

i wud add my team for tuesday but atm i dont give 2 hoots about that joke of a team and after saturday they have lost my custom from now on and sky can benefit from this saturday watchin the mighty newcastle beat man city, i cant be asked to give a team but all i will say is it shud be a comfortable 4-0 win for the man city reserves

MarshallSemmy          halliday    murray    lappinCroft              Rusty       spillane     Hucks                       martin      cureton

keep it simple.   lappin has played left back before, murray has been a nightmare there for us - says he doesn''t like left back posi,  and it shows.  keep doc fresh for sat.  let spillane have his cahnce in centre mid.  hucks - could be dropped by grant - but i''d play him in front of man city fans.  i''d like to see how martin and cureton could play.

I think that I would prefer Spillane to Halliday, who in most peoples'' estimates will not be with uas after the one year contract he has had. There are other options as well - Murray, who has played CB fior Rangers, I think. There''s also Brown, who is good in the air, in emergency. Finally, has Otse played there, - could we try him and put Cave-Brown at RB? With five first team players out, we are never going to win, and it''s the chances to try one or two others.As Hux is likely to wander left anyway, why not put him up front, and play orthodox 4-4-2?

[quote user="NUFC ADAM"]

[quote user="Chopper Harris"]This one is not easy. Assuming Drury is still out, I would play the following line up

Marshall
                                          Dave

[/quote]

i wud add my team for tuesday but atm i dont give 2 hoots about that joke of a team and after saturday they have lost my custom from now on and sky can benefit from this saturday watchin the mighty newcastle beat man city, i cant be asked to give a team but all i will say is it shud be a comfortable 4-0 win for the man city reserves

[/quote]

Just out of curiosity Adam, why are you called NUFC ADAM - Newcastle, Norwich United, Norwich Union ?????

[quote user="NUFC ADAM"]

Marshall
                                          Dave

[/quote]

[/quote]

good! now perhaps a loyal Norwich city fan can come and watch the side rather than some Johnny Come lately who jumped on the bandwagon of promotion.... You could of course join a Newcastle supporters club locally and get a ticket o their match and see them for real instead of on Tv instead.... or is that not what armchair fans do?

jas :)

Marshall

Otsemobor Spillane Murray Lappin

Croft  Russel Jarvis

Striker Cureton Huckerby

Thats my one but I think itll actually think the Do''h has to play because thats what Grant thinks

Surely he knows we cant win, so there is NO point in trying to spend the game defending. Fact.

We really dont have a chance, do we?

I was confident when we had players left, even playing Dublin would aggravate the ManC fans due to his United connection.

If only...

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

Marshall

Otsemobor Spillane Murray Lappin

Croft  Russel Jarvis

Striker Cureton Huckerby

Thats my one but I think itll actually think the Do''h has to play because thats what Grant thinks

Surely he knows we cant win, so there is NO point in trying to spend the game defending. Fact.

We really dont have a chance, do we?

I was confident when we had players left, even playing Dublin would aggravate the ManC fans due to his United connection.

If only...

[/quote]

If there''s no point in us defending how about....

Marshall

Semmy              Murray            Lappin

Croft         Spillane          Rusty             Hucks

Cureton        Brown           Dave S

Lets face it barring a miracle we are gonna get hammered. But i will try to stay a glass is half full person. Whoever plays lets hope they at least play with passion.Can take defeat if they at least look as if they care.

I would give as many youngsters/fringe players a run out, make it clear to them that there is no pressure, and who knows a couple of players may stake a claim for a run in the team. Lets be honest they cannot do any worse than the "1st choice" team and we need to rest players because we have a couple of home games in quick succession that are far more important than the Carling Cup.

you cant play doc as one yellow card and we will have no central defenders to play in the league at home to sheff wed and as we migth as well go out now lets try some of the players who have yet to start this season inclusing gilks etc

The league is more important, so how about:

The Donkster

MWJ                    Dr Octopus          Rick Waghorn             Bryan Gunn

Delia Smith                        Mr and Mrs Turner                      Darren Huckerby

And a couple of trainees from Easton College

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

The league is more important, so how about:

The Donkster

MWJ                    Dr Octopus          Rick Waghorn             Bryan Gunn

Delia Smith                        Mr and Mrs Turner                      Darren Huckerby

And a couple of trainees from Easton College

[/quote]

how about fielding the remaining 11 away season ticket holders in recognition of their devotion to masochism.