Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Man City... I'm calling a sickie on Wednesday if we get hammered!

I fear a hammering tomorrow night... no Dublin, no Drury, no Brellier, no Shacs... all defensive players, and we have a shocking defence even with those fit... i''m actually very very concerned, and my boss is a City fan.

I''m genuinely worried it could be six or seven nil, and on Sky Sports too, i''m gonna get ripped at work *argh* therefore I shall call a sickie...

...I''m serious lol!

In all seriousness, tomorrow night could be a great opportunity for someone, one of the younger not so regular players to seize an opportunity in defense to make a name for themselves.

Spillane keeps being mentioned as a player of future potential, so why not throw him in the team? We have nothing to lose, we really arent expected to get anything from the game so go give him 90minutes.

Remember, Chris Martin last season took his opportunity, tomorrow might be the chance for someone else...

I agree mr starr asI''m goingMy boss is a man City fanI live just off maine roadI''m screwed.

[quote user="7rew"]I agree mr starr as

I''m going

My boss is a man City fan

I live just off maine road

I''m screwed.
[/quote]

if they win and he starts up just ask him what its like to be in the shadow of a succesful club EVERY season... then ask him when was the last trophy they won? even we have won trophies more recently than them.

jas :)

[quote user="djc"]

In all seriousness, tomorrow night could be a great opportunity for someone, one of the younger not so regular players to seize an opportunity in defense to make a name for themselves.

Spillane keeps being mentioned as a player of future potential, so why not throw him in the team? We have nothing to lose, we really arent expected to get anything from the game so go give him 90minutes.

Remember, Chris Martin last season took his opportunity, tomorrow might be the chance for someone else...

[/quote]

agreed, i was thinking and usually these games are an advantage, im not going to say your win but i think you''ll put up a good show n may force extra time

It''s just a Mickey Mouse cup the bigger clubs would rather avoid....apart from being a run out for their reserves that is.

Win or lose it''s largely irrelevant as it''s the league that provides our bread and butter. Just as long as we don''t get another McDonalds "kiddies party" for the cameras like at Chelsea I''m easy about it. A low point if ever there was one for Delia''s "Little Old Norwich"....

I''ve just thought... it might be worth a bet that this could be Svens'' final game in charge at City? What with Chelsea sniffing around again it would seem...

[quote user="Cluck "]

It''s just a Mickey Mouse cup the bigger clubs would rather avoid....apart from being a run out for their reserves that is.

Win or lose it''s largely irrelevant as it''s the league that provides our bread and butter.[/quote]

You just don''t get it, do you Cluck? Should we happen to cause a bit of an upset and win (for the record, I don''t obviously think we will), it is NOT largely irrelevant as wins breed confidence to the players and it could help to turn our season around for the better.

Nigh on impossible I know, but it could work.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Cluck "]

Win or lose it''s largely irrelevant as it''s the league that provides our bread and butter.[/quote]

You just don''t get it, do you Cluck? Should we happen to cause a bit of an upset and win (for the record, I don''t obviously think we will), it is NOT largely irrelevant as wins breed confidence to the players and it could help to turn our season around for the better.

Nigh on impossible I know, but it could work.

[/quote]

I do "get it" Bigmark...but from where I stand the main advantage of this fixture is that it is one less game the "Three Musketeers" will need to spend on the bench.

In our sad current state the league is where we need to spend our energies and get our injuries....and while I take your point to some extent....any success will benefit the fans rather more than the players....and if we do somehow pull out a flukey draw it''s just more cash in Delia''s opaque coffers.

why all the negative comments about your trip to manchester im a man city fan and im looking forward to the game i dont reckon there will be a big crowd at the coms

even though the ticket prices are low i just hope delia smith doesnt hijack our pa system after shes had a few glasses of wine with sven and lets hope its a good game

how many tickets have norwich sold