Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

GLOATING?

I''ve now read on here numerous times that those of us who "predicted" the current debacle at CR are in some way "gloating" about it.  How so?

Might I suggest that despite all of the abuse and brickbats hurled at me and others over the past months I have unswervingly stayed my course....simply because I genuinely care about what is happening to this once fine and honest club. It has nothing whatsoever to do with being right or wrong.

Bearing this in mind...why should being proved so sadly "right" be considered as some kind of victory? Surely it''s all about seeing the facts as I saw tham and saying so rather than simple petty point scoring against the apologists.

You won''t hear any childish "I told you so" nonsense from me....although I suppose I did tell you so if I''m honest about it........

perhaps it is viewed as gloating Cluck because you and the others all dissapear after something good happens only to return like a dirty penny to spread your doom and gloom again. that appears to be gloating, maybe not intentional, but thats how it appears.

what i don''t understand is why we are all doom and gloom again, 2 games have been lost, one we held out well aiming for a draw against a difficult opposition in a difficult place but then were undone by some silly mistakes. today we played terribly and lost. simple as that. everyone does at some time. we have 39 games left, its not make or break time as of yet and i''m sure your protests can wait until we are at the point of no return.

[quote user="Polar1990"]

perhaps it is viewed as gloating Cluck because you and the others all dissapear after something good happens only to return like a dirty penny to spread your doom and gloom again. that appears to be gloating, maybe not intentional, but thats how it appears.

what i don''t understand is why we are all doom and gloom again, 2 games have been lost, one we held out well aiming for a draw against a difficult opposition in a difficult place but then were undone by some silly mistakes. today we played terribly and lost. simple as that. everyone does at some time. we have 39 games left, its not make or break time as of yet and i''m sure your protests can wait until we are at the point of no return.

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you Polar....but I have a very full "real" life and for the past several weeks have been blissfully away fishing distant shores....only possible now because I ditched my tickets this year and taken time out.

When pray has anything "good" happened to warrant any disappearance? This situation is just a continuation of our humiliating season in the Prem....and like it or not we are in for a very rude awakening come May. The time has ceased for patience and tolerance after the years of decline under Smith.....and while I will not physically protest myself....I can withold my revenue....which is what I have done. Interesting to be described as a "dirty penny"....but dirty or not my value is exactly the same as yours....so is my opinion.

Time to face facts I''m afraid however unpleasant that may be.....but given enough rope the clowns that run the club 2007 style will eventually hang themselves and then and only then can they have my money again. 

Where were you after the Palace game then Cluck??

You''d get more creditablilty if you were here win or lose.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I agree CA, creditability all the way - just the tonic.

OTBC 

[quote user="Cluck "]

Bearing this in mind...why should being proved so sadly "right" be considered as some kind of victory?

[/quote]

Tell that to smudger, hes the one who seems to care more about how right he apparently was than anything else.

Ironic that those who constantly told Cluck & Co to p*ss off when they were posting regularly, are now slagging them off for doing just that.

Is it what they say or the way they say it that gets your goat?  They''re right and you know it.

[quote user="Polar1990"]

[/quote]

Well, of course it''s a ''dog eat dog'' board.......All the ''positive and ''true'' fans assemble on here when we scrape a victory or a valuable point, and can''t wait to blow their trumpet''s millimeteres away from the supposed, ''Binner'' ''untrue support'' ''negative club haters'' lugholes......Cuts both ways doesn''t it?

Each to their own I suppose.[:|]

So many of you laughed and tried to ridicule the likes of Cluck and Smudger for no other reason than they thought the signings were crap and we were going to struggle big time this season , you all thought you knew best and are now getting upset because you have been proved totally wrong .As for the Palace game CA , another mediocre performance where the result could of went either way .

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

As I''ve already stated CA...I do have a life away from this forum, fun though that it is.

May I suggest that you too seek a "real life" away from here occasionally because that way perhaps you may broaden your thinking a bit. Sadly your limited mentality and that of the club in 2007 says it all.

Oh...and while you were busy watching City scrape a very dubious result against Palace I was off the Queensland coast fishing for barracuda...while intently listening to Radio Norfolk of course.  [:S] 

Sadly folk like you and Delia Smilth deserve each other...you really do.

NEXT!

[quote user="ncfc1"]

So many of you laughed and tried to ridicule the likes of Cluck and Smudger for no other reason than they thought the signings were crap and we were going to struggle big time this season , you all thought you knew best and are now getting upset because you have been proved totally wrong .As for the Palace game CA , another mediocre performance where the result could of went either way .

[/quote]

Well they''re right after 6 games - fair enough, but there are still 39 to go and I''m still keeping my word and sticking by the team/board for the seasons duration. If we are still crap when its over then I will willingly kiss Smudger and co''s backsides.

I''ve already stated elsewhere that this is likely my last season supporting this board (but I will continue to do so for this season). I am willing to admit that they''ve had 3 seasons to get it right so if they can''t do it after the 3rd attempt then maybe it is time they upped their efforts to sell their shares (perhaps to the Turners) and go.

[quote user="ncfc1"]

[/quote]Well you sir are a fool, we aren''t upset because we have supposedly been "proved totally wrong". We are upset because we are losing, that''s what concerns most norwich fans, not the pointlessly negative views of some posters on here.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I agree CA, creditability all the way - just the tonic.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Whoopie whooo, one win against a team who were only marginally more s*** than NCFC. The sad thing is that this site it currently talking about the issues that Cluck and Smudger were talking about through  the summer.

They are not the ones to ridicule it is the ones that  are singing from their song sheet now. 

It is still far too early for people to be posting ''I told you so'' posts - the season is still in its infancy.  To suggest that the writing is on the wall - good or bad - at this stage is daft in the extreme. 

If you cast your minds back to when the fixture list came out, we knew that we had what looked like a very tough start to the season.  For me, we have not done so differently to how I expected, result-wise: I thought we would have a record of 2-3-2 at this stage so are -2pts on my predictions.  But we do seem to be miles off in terms of performance - it should simply not be the case that players don''t turn up and we should certainly expect to see signs of a turnaround in performance very sharpish, otherwise the run of games coming up (all extremely winnable) will pass us by.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="ncfc1"]

[/quote]

Well they''re right after 6 games - fair enough, but there are still 39 to go and I''m still keeping my word and sticking by the team/board for the seasons duration. If we are still crap when its over then I will willingly kiss Smudger and co''s backsides.

I''ve already stated elsewhere that this is likely my last season supporting this board (but I will continue to do so for this season). I am willing to admit that they''ve had 3 seasons to get it right so if they can''t do it after the 3rd attempt then maybe it is time they upped their efforts to sell their shares (perhaps to the Turners) and go.

[/quote]

....and anybody with the first inkling of how to build a successful football team realises already that we will be right after 46 games too... so I will be kind and be sure to give my hairy ass a good old clean for you come May!!!  [:P]

I am over the moon with each defeat right now... because with each defeat the stranglehold that Deliar & Co have on our club loosens... [:D]

Those who have sat on their hand and done nothing to oust this board of directors from holding back NCFC must realise that in order to move forwards as a football club once more BIG CHANGES NEED TO HAPPEN at Carrow Road...  We have wasted 2 years since relegation already and this will be a 3rd year... if many fans had their way no pressure would be placed upon the board again this season resulting in them wrecking a fourth season for us again next year.

THE TIME FOR ACTION IS NOW... and I am sure that many people are starting to realise that and that those in the boardroom have given themselves plenty enough rope to be hung from.

PS... Enjoy the defeat to Sheff Weds this Saturday!!!  [:D]

No I understand concern for how we are performing/if preter grant/the board are good enough for this club. I am talking about people who put out more spin than the norwich PR system trying to make us think our club is pure evil and we are trying to destroy the very heart of global football.

There''s "spin" and there is "fact" Fellas......and it seems only some of us are able to differentiate one from the other.

Totally over the top comments as usual from the apologists who have stood by (or sat comfy in their seats at home) as the club spiralled down the plug hole.

If you sit at home in some far flung part of the UK or the wider world what does it really matter to you? You may not have pumped hundreds of pounds into the club over the past decade or so only to be dished up with crap....so what does a bit of failure matter to you? You may not have been alive/around/human (delete as app.) when this club actually meant something in football...so now that we''re the laughing stock you''ve become used to...what does it matter? You won''t accept the truth behind this "Delia the Saviour" myth and so continue to suck in the spin...so why does it matter that she is bleeding the paying public while lining her own celebrity nest?

Open your eyes sunshine.....and you might just begin to see the light.

I don''t believe none of the spin they throw out of Carrow road, a great example was in the summer when they used awful propoganda tactics to scare the public into keeping/buying season tickets. I wouldn''t still be a season ticket holder if not for some unfortunate circumstances.You may well have seen our glory days where as I have not. Doesn''t mean I don''t want our club to re-live them, infatc more for it I would love it more if we were to get back to those days. I don''t merely accept 16th every season as improvement. Last seasons postion was acceptable but if we are to be 16th or worse in 3/4 games time there is no excuse for board or manager. The personal statement of the club was to get back into the premiership and be a regular player in that league. They have failed that mission and have this season to rectify it, after all parachutes end this year. If they do not succeed then they have failed and should be dealt with accordingly. Delia lacks that ruthless streak, which is what meant we dilly-dalied in the prem, and when we got religated and with worthington. I''m afraid she does not cop it. However, what I do not agree with is the way you  insult and  slag-off people on this forum  who merely want the best for their club. I do not want  us to do rubbish, but I do not agree with you when you start to take it in to your own hands to be rude to people who share more optimism than yourself. When do you think things started going down the plug hole then?

[quote user="Cluck "]

There''s "spin" and there is "fact" Fellas......and it seems only some of us are able to differentiate one from the other.

Totally over the top comments as usual from the apologists who have stood by (or sat comfy in their seats at home) as the club spiralled down the plug hole.

If you sit at home in some far flung part of the UK or the wider world what does it really matter to you? You may not have pumped hundreds of pounds into the club over the past decade or so only to be dished up with crap....so what does a bit of failure matter to you? You may not have been alive/around/human (delete as app.) when this club actually meant something in football...so now that we''re the laughing stock you''ve become used to...what does it matter? You won''t accept the truth behind this "Delia the Saviour" myth and so continue to suck in the spin...so why does it matter that she is bleeding the paying public while lining her own celebrity nest?

[/quote]

Where to start with this small minded garbage....

....people''s opinions on this board are rarely fact, they are almost always opinion.  A fact is something that you can prove has happened.  As a result, any prediction, negative or positive, cannot possibly be considered fact.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.  We are all entitled to our opinions, but there are some who seem to think theirs are more worthy than others - this is, quite simply, crap, whoever you are. 

....the idea that people who live somewhere other than Norwich can''t support Norwich and don''t care is just pathetic.  Indeed, it is almost the opposite.  I know dozens of long distance fans who put a huge effort to get to games week in week out, the idea that they don''t care is laughable.  To me their opinion of what happens is worth twice (or more) that of some jumped up person sat in/near Norwich pontificating about their club who they can''t even be bothered to go down the road to watch.

...I don''t think most people really care two hoots who is Chairman, ''owner'' or manager - it is about what happens on the pitch (which isn''t good at the moment).  There is a myth that the most negative posters seem to bandy about that ''positive'' supporters consider Delia to be a saint.  The fact is that we were in a financial mess when she took over, but she hasn''t ''given'' the club £millions, she has loaned it and bought shares.  This did help the club at the time, but if she decides to bail, we are screwed.  If you''d like to come up with an alternative and buy Delia out, feel free - but just harping on about her doesn''t really do a great deal of good.

..."You may not have been alive/around/human (delete as app.) when this club actually meant something in football".  When was this, exactly?  As much as I am loathe to say it, other than for a couple of seasons in the early 90s we have hardly set the footballing world alight; a side who until the 1970s spent its entire existence in Div 3(S)/Div 2 can hardly be considered ''something'' in the footballing world any more than the likes of Coventry (no disrespect to them).

I could go on, but really can''t be bothered. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

....people''s opinions on this board are rarely fact, they are almost always opinion.  A fact is something that you can prove has happened.  As a result, any prediction, negative or positive, cannot possibly be considered fact.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.  We are all entitled to our opinions, but there are some who seem to think theirs are more worthy than others - this is, quite simply, crap, whoever you are. 

....the idea that people who live somewhere other than Norwich can''t support Norwich and don''t care is just pathetic.  Indeed, it is almost the opposite.  I know dozens of long distance fans who put a huge effort to get to games week in week out, the idea that they don''t care is laughable.  To me their opinion of what happens is worth twice (or more) that of some jumped up person sat in/near Norwich pontificating about their club who they can''t even be bothered to go down the road to watch.

...I don''t think most people really care two hoots who is Chairman, ''owner'' or manager - it is about what happens on the pitch (which isn''t good at the moment).  There is a myth that the most negative posters seem to bandy about that ''positive'' supporters consider Delia to be a saint.  The fact is that we were in a financial mess when she took over, but she hasn''t ''given'' the club £millions, she has loaned it and bought shares.  This did help the club at the time, but if she decides to bail, we are screwed.  If you''d like to come up with an alternative and buy Delia out, feel free - but just harping on about her doesn''t really do a great deal of good.

..."You may not have been alive/around/human (delete as app.) when this club actually meant something in football".  When was this, exactly?  As much as I am loathe to say it, other than for a couple of seasons in the early 90s we have hardly set the footballing world alight; a side who until the 1970s spent its entire existence in Div 3(S)/Div 2 can hardly be considered ''something'' in the footballing world any more than the likes of Coventry (no disrespect to them).

[/quote]

Silly boy. Just more bilge avoiding what is so blindingly obvious to all but the most naive. If you want to live in Delialalaland go ahead....but don''t expect the realists to shelter in there with you.

Interesting Cluck that you were on here late last night but avoided the thread about the demonstration poll.

I''d have thought you would have been one of the first people to put their names down and rally the troops so to make your point to the board or do you just prefer to moan from your armchair??.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I reckon it''s best just to ignore him BP, he has proven time and time again that he is very small minded and parochial. I accept that things are in a bad way at the club at the moment and the posts of Ricky Knight, Ricardo, Mello Y, Mystic Megson, HH44 etc etc etc are difficult not to agree with and are obviously the heartfelt concerns of passionate supporters addressing the situation. I may not always agree with them but they are certainly genuine fans concerned about our club.

Cluck, on the other hand obviously has a totally different agenda - even the briefest glance at his posts makes it obvious that he is more preoccupied with using this board as a forum to air his various prejudices, be it against women, young people, people from outside Norfolk who dare to support ''his'' club, homosexuals - in fact the list is seemingly endless.

Cue a stream of insults confirming most, if not all, of the above.         

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]CA, he is just filling the niche position he has carved for himself as the Board @rsehole. He needent be taken seriously.[/quote]

This just about sums you up sunshine....the board bully who feels threatened by someone he can''t beat down.

I eat people like you for breakfast so fire away........

OK, so Cluck & Smudger are the Private Fraser''s of the board - they obviously love to wallow in their self-sanctimonious cant.HOWEVER, their brand of doom-mongering does raise an interesting point.Where does your average City supporter (ok, those of us who post on here may not be seen as "average") see the club''s future and what, if we''re being truthful, are our realistic ambitions for the club this season?Me, I''m not throwing the towel in after a couple of defeats - it happens.   Yes, I''m somewhat disturbed by the club''s direction as far as the board/directors are concerned, but hey, that''s football for you - we could be Leeds you know...!!!   If I''m being totally honest, I don''t have the slightest confidence that we''ll even make the play-offs this season.   Grant needs time to bed in and the newer players need time to grow and get to know each other''s game.   The Championship is full of teams either similar to or better than Norwich at the moment, and the sooner that the likes of Cluck & Smudger accept that we''re not going to be world beaters in a couple of seasons the better off their blood pressure will be.We''re suffering from years of neglect - both by the board AND by the previous manager.    It takes time to turn this ship around, and I''m pretty certain that Rome wasn''t built in a day...Give Grant a chance, give the players a chance.   By all means question the men & women behind the finances as it does sound like that there is more than we know going on there.   But if you''re a "real" football fan you''ll support the team through thick & thin - and by "real" supporter I don''t mean season ticket holders or supporters who attend every away game.  I mean the sort of person who always looks for the City result on Saturday afternoon, who may attend every game, who may moan and groan about the team, the manager, the state of the club - but is someone who will still be there cheering the team on come rain or shine, be it in the Premiership, the Championship or the Jewson League.