Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Dodgy rumour time...

Normally I don''t post this sort of thing but I''ve heard the same thing from 2 unrelated sources.Grant is apparently on a deadline to start getting results and a continuation of current form will result in him being sacked in short order.2 senior and respected players (fans favourites) have no confidence in Grant (some of the headlines today on the Pinkun frontpage may lend weight to this)

Ive heard something to this effect from a very respected source. Complete lack of respect from certain players apparently, in particular a very firm fans favourite, whose form has dipped alarmingly.

[quote user="Herb"]Normally I don''t post this sort of thing but I''ve heard the same thing from 2 unrelated sources.

Grant is apparently on a deadline to start getting results and a continuation of current form will result in him being sacked in short order.
2 senior and respected players (fans favourites) have no confidence in Grant (some of the headlines today on the Pinkun frontpage may lend weight to this)

[/quote]

I have to say that I have never seen Herby write a dodgy rumour before which in my mind makes him putting the rumour on here a little more substantive. Don''t mean that the rumour in the first place is true. I still think its way to early to get rid of him, I don''t think ikts all rosy but time is needed and yes I know there is no time in the game but give him untill the end of the season and see what happens, that is as long as we dont lose 30 games in a row or something stupid like that. What would help in my mind is the addition of another top coach.

I have heard 2 games to turn it round, but then, you know how these rumours go. We do need to get it sorted now though rather than later.

I dont know all the ins n outs, but didnt look like you much of a team on sat n rely and all played as individuals this usually happens when

1. manager under threat - grant is

2. they dont like the manager - i.e he lost the locker room

im not saying they lost on purpose, but usually if their man is coming under stick i.e grant they usually either pull together as a unit n show unity or they try half heartdly

i would say some of the senior pros dont rate grant much etc..

Biggleyellow,

Why do you think that we have not appointed a coach? A lack of suitably qualified candidates, Grant believes that we dont need one or some other reason? My betting is on the last option and knowing the answer could possibly explain a lot of hwat is going on at NCFC at the moment.

Grant was their appointment, well most of them, don''t you think that they will find the money to stave off the decision after less than 12 months, to prote their own reputation?The dodgy rumour sounds more like an anti-Grant poster trying to reinforce his - the poastr''s) position.

Why wait two games that is not going to help it quite clear the team have no faith in him.He is a little man with a big ego as soon as we get rid we can get back to playing some proper football.When hux has fallen out with him and he is passionate about our club then there is big problema in the dressing room give it to dion untill we get someone else in.

IF Grant has lost the dressing room then I think he must go now. Lets face it,if we continue as we are then League 1 is likely next year. However, has the board backed Grant 100% ? It is clear that there is more quality gone, than has come in. For me there has been some cash gurgle down the Carrow rd plughole.....again? I think the Turners are trying to run the club like their company. They should have a look at the BBC report on Arsenal......

Anyway back to Grant :-

1) Why has Hucks form dropped?

2) Why are we still without a coach (& why did Hunter leave?)

3) Why have we only brought in 1 loan signing?

4) Why was there no passion against Wolves?

5) If the board will not back you, why don''t you resign ???  

Well if the deadline is true and the players don''t respect Grant then it would explain the performance at Wolves. Every team plays badly at times but playing without passion always means something is seriously adrift.

I heard from someone a short while back that the board arent too happy with Grant, and he isnt exactly safe with feet nicely under the table.

With regards to the coach thing, i also had thoughts that perhaps the lack of 1st team coach could be that the board arent prepared to back Grant over a coach incase they want to get a new coaching team in. They wouldnt risk giving someone else a contact, who may be unwanted by a new mnager. Just a thought.

[quote user="Herb"]Grant is apparently on a deadline to start getting results and a continuation of current form will result in him being sacked in short order.[/quote]Then what? We take another gamble on another manager, then another, until we find one that Huckerby (I assume it''s him) likes, or we run out of time and money. It''s like going into a shop and trying on pairs of trousers until you find a pair that the wife likes - I mean, who wears the trousers here?Do you think it''s possible that Huckerby''s "form has dipped alarmingly" just to ensure that Grant gets pushed out? And if so, is that acceptable behaviour? Not for me, it isn''t. If he had something to contribute in finding a better successor, then maybe, but I''m damn sure that isn''t the case - he''s at the end of his career and has nothing to lose if it goes from bad to worse, which is the likeliest scenario. Particularly, it seems, if Huckerby doesn''t like the successor either....

[quote user="1st Wizard"]This isn''t like you Herb, in percentage terms, how reliable do you believe your source to be?.[/quote]Wouldn''t know really, I only posted because these 2 people not known for whoppers re. City said virtually the same thing in the space of a couple of hours this morning. It''s not as if either of them are directly in contact with anyone on the playing staff.If it is true then I think its a pity, because the one thing Norwich City need is a bit of stability. I still think Grant is potentially a good manager, though if there are rifts between him and the players it''s hard to see how it can be mended.

if Grant is Sacked nothing will change... we will apoint duffy or one of delias "pals" and the whole sorry shenanigans will rear its ugly head in 12 months time.. the board will come up smelling of roses until they stick some untested manager/no hoper/ Last chancer in the role and it goes pear shaped so we start on at them again...

Sacking peter Grant is not the answer... the board are failing this football club.

Walker and rioch were the "last chancers"

Hamilton was the "no hoper"

worthy and grant are the "untested" we had some success under worthy but its pretty clear that the board like certain types of manager who want rock the boat, who will go with what they have got.. and will say "yes" to everything...

Peter Grant has criticised the boards lack of ambition with regards to loans and transfers.. (no Davenport, Iwelumo, Varney, sharp or Eastwood) and then this rumour surfaces... Herb may well be right with what he says about events at Carrow road... time will tell.... but isnt it funny how as soon as a manager throws his weight around Certain players get annoyed and the board clam up?

jas :)

[quote user="Salopian"]The dodgy rumour sounds more like an anti-Grant poster trying to reinforce his - the poastr''s) position.[/quote]If you read what I''ve posted before you''ll know I''m far from anti-Grant.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Herb"]

Grant is apparently on a deadline to start getting results and a continuation of current form will result in him being sacked in short order.

[/quote]

Then what? We take another gamble on another manager, then another, until we find one that Huckerby (I assume it''s him) likes, or we run out of time and money. It''s like going into a shop and trying on pairs of trousers until you find a pair that the wife likes - I mean, who wears the trousers here?

Do you think it''s possible that Huckerby''s "form has dipped alarmingly" just to ensure that Grant gets pushed out? And if so, is that acceptable behaviour?

Not for me, it isn''t. If he had something to contribute in finding a better successor, then maybe, but I''m damn sure that isn''t the case - he''s at the end of his career and has nothing to lose if it goes from bad to worse, which is the likeliest scenario. Particularly, it seems, if Huckerby doesn''t like the successor either....
[/quote]Why dont you get of hux back he was and still is the best thing that has ever happened to city.The problem is mr no clue grant hope he goes today better still this minute the club has fell to pieces with him in charge. 

I dont think the board are smelling of roses. They appointed Grant, who clearly is in over his head. After the Worthington debacle, they went for false economy in their choice of manager and picked a cheap option, prepared to work on their terms. The club is at a crossroads, what is needed is an end to the diverting of funds into other ''projects'' and a concentration of FOOTBALL. If this board fails to deliver pretty damn quick, it is they, and not Grant that should take the stick for this farcical situation. Make no mistake, this cannot continue.   

[quote user="Old Boy"]

Then what? We take another gamble on another manager, then another, until we find one that Huckerby (I assume it''s him) likes, or we run out of time and money. It''s like going into a shop and trying on pairs of trousers until you find a pair that the wife likes - I mean, who wears the trousers here?

Do you think it''s possible that Huckerby''s "form has dipped alarmingly" just to ensure that Grant gets pushed out? And if so, is that acceptable behaviour?

Not for me, it isn''t. If he had something to contribute in finding a better successor, then maybe, but I''m damn sure that isn''t the case - he''s at the end of his career and has nothing to lose if it goes from bad to worse, which is the likeliest scenario. Particularly, it seems, if Huckerby doesn''t like the successor either....
[/quote]

OldBoy, please explain Grants continued changes in selections, tactics, positions of players and continued public slagging of players.  Do you think this is good management?  I think it is the management of an idiot.

[quote user="charlies dad"]

I dont think the board are smelling of roses. They appointed Grant, who clearly is in over his head. After the Worthington debacle, they went for false economy in their choice of manager and picked a cheap option, prepared to work on their terms. The club is at a crossroads, what is needed is an end to the diverting of funds into other ''projects'' and a concentration of FOOTBALL. If this board fails to deliver pretty damn quick, it is they, and not Grant that should take the stick for this farcical situation. Make no mistake, this cannot continue.   

[/quote]

spot on! 100% agreed CD.

jas :)

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Any rumours about where the money''s coming from if they decide to sack him?  He''s still got 2 1/2 years on his contract.

[/quote]

Does anybody actually know the detail of his contract though MM, it may contain a clause giving the club the right to sack him with "only" 6 months pay, it may be that the first year or 18 months is a "probationary" period. After the cost of getting rid of Worthy I should think there would be some kind of protection in there for the board in case things go (have gone ??) wrong.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

OldBoy, please explain Grants continued changes in selections, tactics, positions of players and continued public slagging of players.  Do you think this is good management?  I think it is the management of an idiot.

[/quote]Quite obviously, most of Grant''s selections have been driven by injuries to key players. The only one that has always worried me was playing Huckerby, who is either not trying or is injured - either way, it makes no sense. Tactics - he''s no Hiddink, in fact he''s pretty average, but then so are

most of the managers at this level - Grant''s probably worse than some, better than others. I''m not defending his public pronouncements about the players, though they very often deserved a bollocking in private - different managers get results in different ways in that regard. We''re back where we were when Worthy was under pressure - no surprise to me, I always said the most important thing was getting someone in who could work out a way to motivate the players, and with players having the power these days, that''s not easy. I guess you either frighten them or you bribe them - but if they''re protected by buy-out clauses from fear or bribery, and just can''t be bothered, what do you do? I remember Grant as a player here, and I wasn''t impressed then - I saw him as a windbag who didn''t walk like he talked, but I was prepared to give him a chance as manager. And I actually think he''s made some good acquisitions, and could put together a good team. But you need the co-operation of the players, and all players, particularly the senior ones, have an axe to grind. What has held Norwich back for more than ten years has been that - nothing else. We''ve had some adequate managers (though not a good one since O''Neill IMO), but the attitude of the players has always let us down. Finding a scapegoat is pointless - finding the solution to that is the only thing that matters.

Until the board come out and say "We back Grant" he''s safe...

If the board make a public statement backing Grant then he''ll be gone before January. As soon as the board back a manager, it''s already an issue at board level.

CD you are correct it''s the board that is taking this club backwards and they have been since the day we got promoted to the premier league. I recall Mumby coming out and stating that we were looking to do a Charlton, what ambition let''s be relegated to then get promoted again, Worthy being the YES man he was also stated the same, WHY get relegated you have 38 games to stay in the league!

In all fairness to Delia and how thankful we were for her keeping us afloat 9/10 years ago but the money required is no longer forthcoming required to take us to the next level and the Turners a 2m LOAN just so they get on the board either cough up once and for all or continue what you know best and stay away from football and lastly DOOMCASTER what a lame excuse as a Chief Exc talking about face fit or as they say brown nose. Avoids all questions thrown at him hides behind the fact that so much is going on off the pitch and staying alfloat is the main priority - yeah fair enough but i''m sure the likes of Rochdale and MK Dons would lov to stay in the Holiday Inn and play in such a lovely stadium.

I''m personally behind Grant however for those who aren''t remember how long it took to remove Worthy, we have a proud board that have appointed a new 1st team manager - they wouldn''t have egg on their face by sacking him within 12 months!

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!!!   

My twopenceworth:

1 - who knows, it''s not just his form but his effort level too

2 - Hunter left because he wanted to! Don''t know about the other bit

3 - Clubs want too much money by way of a loan fee

4 - see number 1!

5 - if he resigns, no compo, what would you do!?

Things can only get better.........just a shame we''re on tv this weekend and also a shame that wednesday actually got a win finally.....

Not sure why, could be finances, lack of decent coaches that would fit in our ethos, dunno but we sure could do with one.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Biggleyellow,

Why do you think that we have not appointed a coach? A lack of suitably qualified candidates, Grant believes that we dont need one or some other reason? My betting is on the last option and knowing the answer could possibly explain a lot of hwat is going on at NCFC at the moment.

[/quote]

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Quite obviously, most of Grant''s selections have been driven by injuries to key players. The only one that has always worried me was playing Huckerby, who is either not trying or is injured - either way, it makes no sense. Tactics - he''s no Hiddink, in fact he''s pretty average, but then so are most of the managers at this level - Grant''s probably worse than some, better than others. I''m not defending his public pronouncements about the players, though they very often deserved a bollocking in private - different managers get results in different ways in that regard. We''re back where we were when Worthy was under pressure - no surprise to me, I always said the most important thing was getting someone in who could work out a way to motivate the players, and with players having the power these days, that''s not easy. I guess you either frighten them or you bribe them - but if they''re protected by buy-out clauses from fear or bribery, and just can''t be bothered, what do you do?

I remember Grant as a player here, and I wasn''t impressed then - I saw him as a windbag who didn''t walk like he talked, but I was prepared to give him a chance as manager. And I actually think he''s made some good acquisitions, and could put together a good team. But you need the co-operation of the players, and all players, particularly the senior ones, have an axe to grind. What has held Norwich back for more than ten years has been that - nothing else. We''ve had some adequate managers (though not a good one since O''Neill IMO), but the attitude of the players has always let us down. Finding a scapegoat is pointless - finding the solution to that is the only thing that matters.
[/quote]

I agree with some of this, but when it comes to Grant I see a useless manager.  He signs 9 new players, then picks a different team and tactics each game this season?  How does he expect them to bed in?? 

Murray comes in and says he is a central player, not as good at full back, where does he play??  We have a more than adequate replacement for Drury in Lappin in the squad.  Let alone seeing Hucks and Russell at Right Wing in games this season with two natuiral right wingers in the squad...

More idiocy from blathermouth Grant when he publically humiliated Cureton after his two excellent finishes against Southampton, no real surprise his morale may have dropped after the pillock in charge decided he was due a public verbal attack.

The last time I remember senior players having an axe to grind was in the sacking of the awful Brian Hamilton.

As I said on another thread sacking Grant is not the solution, our Board will just put failed coach and manager Jim ''3 relegations'' Duffy in charge.  Grant would make a decent scout, that is all.