Sign in to follow this  
on the road again

In Response to Depressed Dad

Norwich were always a club that played attractive football, gave youth a chance whcich is why we were always able to sign good young players. They came here knowing that they would have every opportunity to progress and move on to a higher club.

What do we have now. A very good Academy set up but totally ignored by this and the previous manager. Players brought in who probably had to get a map out to find where Norwich is as such show great commitment to the club.

I was taken to my first match in 1959 by my late mum and dad for the home tie in the cup as my elder brother had chicken pox. My mum and dad followed them everywhere and were very proud of saying we support Norwich City. Since that date i have been an avid Norwich fan and taken all my children to see them..

How proud we were of The Canaries and how I have always stuck up for them.

Now i feel so let down and demoralised. There seems no passion, style of play (except from Dion and Darren) and whilst I am still proud of being a supporter and will never change I despair for the future. I would rather see us relegated and then appoint someone who can re-establish the style and pride that Worthington and Grant have so cheapened. Bring in the youngesters and play them with the seasoned heads so they develop for the future. So what if we lose at least we will have the pide in Norwich back again.

So come on the Board of Directors - Direct us to the future, the Manager to Manage the present and the Players to PLAY.

Am I that depressed?

Apart from the comment about prefering relegation which just sounds like the words of a truly demoralised supporter, I agree totally with this. So worrying to hear such an honest and hurting note from a supporter who clearly (from number of posts) doesnt often resort to airing their views here. Bring through the youngsters, get the passion and belief and give people a reason to come to Norwich, its hardly like players queue up to live in Bolton but if you create something people want to be involved in it would help.Are there any other fans out there who can help lift the spirits of such gloom. He sounds like he needs help.

I agree 100% with that, it''s exactly how I''m feeling.  I''m no longer proud to say I''m a Norwich fan, in fact I''m embarrassed.  I''ve regularly gone since 1996 and this is the worst I''ve felt.  Very sad times indeed.  I personally blame the board, Grants had an impossible job from day one thanks to them.

RIP NORWICH CITY