Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Huckerby states "this is worst City team he has ever played in"

[quote user="Old Boy"]I posted to this thread last night, and got an acknowledgement this morning, but can''t see my post here. Is it because I was critical of Huckerby, the arrogant, petulant prima donna whose time is up? I''d like to know.
[/quote]

Old Boy, you posted it on the "Hucks on Radio Norfolk" thread not this one.  Calm down.

[quote user="Old Boy"]I posted to this thread last night, and got an acknowledgement this morning, but can''t see my post here. Is it because I was critical of Huckerby, the arrogant, petulant prima donna whose time is up? I''d like to know.
[/quote]

or is it cos Hucks is P!ssed off with a god awful manager who during the only high points of this season so far has SLAGGED off  those players that actually played well....  If we can see it I guess he must be absolutely fuming about this inexperienced failure...

[quote user="Confused Des"]

If people are now starting to turn on Huckerby,then we are in worse trouble than i thought.

[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking too.

fotheringham or ``fozzy`` as the fans call him has had one good game in a norwich shirt as a sub against southampton this year and all of a sudden he is our best midfielder give me a break

carl robinson was better than him and that is no joke

Not people, Des, just me. But I''m right.... Huckerby has turned on his team mates, and as my son pointed out to me today, when Roy Keane (a more influential player for Man U than Huckerby has been for us) started to do that, Alex Ferguson dumped him.

sure ob, but Fergie had the funds and playing staff to replace him.

We do not have that luxury,unless we can persuade Chris LLwellynn to return to the fold...(just kidding)

If Huckerby does leave (and it looks like that is becoming a sad inelivability,)what then? we can''t find the funds to bring in a decent centre back,let alone a Left winger.

While I don''t pretend to know much about Man U and Roy Keane''s standing in that team I can only hope the board or the management don''t make an issue of what Hucks had to say.

If they punish him (and technically I am sure they can) it will only lead to more unrest and might even spark protests etc.

Remember the Chase and O''Neill stuff way back. I trust the board do. They hold Huckerby as their best signing, their little dalliance with "ambition". If they were to get rid/suspend him now, they will only bring more trouble and grief upon themsleves.

Huckerby''s status in this club is largely of their making. They will have to live with the consequences. He''s idolised by a large, if not majority of the fan base. The board, not exactly popular at present turning on him will have serious consequences for upstairs.

I honestly don''t think that he will be told off, they know he says it how it is plus hes in his final year and what would it achieve.

As you say hes idolised by the majority and the board  and Grant are well aware of that. I''ll be surprised if we hear anymore about his interview.

I wish that was the case,but too many more performances like that and he will be out the door quicker than you can say,damien francis.

With Hux OOC at the end of the season it could well be the board deceide to cash in on him in the transfer window,our mob would sell their own grandmothers if someone waved a £100,000 cheque under their noses.

My feeling is Huckerby is still not 100% fit,he came back from injury too soon last season too iirc.

Indy,If the Club is not going to spend money on ''over-priced'' players (and that currently seems to be ''anyone) then the only other way is to employ a manager who can motivate ''average'' players to punch above their weight and mould them into the a team that plays for each other. Currently we seem to have a group of indivduals on the pitch who look like strangers (despite having been together for a few months now).Geraint Williams, Steve Tilson, Jim Magilton etc have built a TEAM on no money - sad to say that if PG was capable of it, it would have happened by now (in fact we would have seen evidence of it last season).I like PG and I''m sure he absolutely 100% believes in all the stuff he comes out with. Sadly, I don''t think he''s capapble of seeing it through - and I think the players know it too, hence the lack of team spirit (unlike at Wolves on Saturday - did you see the players applauding each other afterwards in a huddle? They obviously want to play for McCarthy).

I wish that was the case,but too many more performances like that and he will be out the door quicker than you can say,damien francis.

With Hux OOC at the end of the season it could well be the board deceide to cash in on him in the transfer window,our mob would sell their own grandmothers if someone waved a £100,000 cheque under their noses.

My feeling is Huckerby is still not 100% fit,he came back from injury too soon last season too iirc.

[/quote]

We know hes not fit, he''s carrying a hip injury which as he said at the fans forum '''' it still isn''t right but I have to just get on with it''''

sure ob, but Fergie had the funds and playing staff to replace him.

We do not have that luxury,unless we can persuade Chris LLwellynn to return to the fold...(just kidding)

If Huckerby does leave (and it looks like that is becoming a sad inelivability,)what then? we can''t find the funds to bring in a decent centre back,let alone a Left winger.

[/quote]We have a better left winger than Hucks (Lappin). Hucks is not a left winger, he could be, but never is. He does what he wants during a game, and that''s increasingly disruptive. Now I hear he''s injured - it''s time he was rested for a while.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I don''t think it''s Huckerby''s hip slowing him down but the massive chip on his shoulder.[/quote]

Why would he have a chip on his shoulder, as Gazzathegreat said in another post hes idolised down here plus its his last year, he''s made his money??

Because he fell into the self-importance trap and his team mates are not good enough for him. I noticed in the last home game just how little they passed the ball to him, even when he was in acres of space.

[quote]We have a better left winger than Hucks (Lappin). Hucks is not a left winger, he could be, but never is. He does what he wants during a game, and that''s increasingly disruptive. Now I hear he''s injured - it''s time he was rested for a while.[/quote]

Lappin,does seem quite comfortable on the left,but for the life of me i can''t bring myself to believe we would be better off without hux,

the precedents aren''t good though,looking at  which way the board leant when it came to an out and out choice between Bellamy and Hamiliton. Of course it helped that there were always going to be big money suitors waiting in the wings for Bellamy, not so sure that would be the case with hux.

I don''t think huckerby intentionally set out to slate his team mates though,it was clear that the interviewer was pushing a Hucks V Grant angle,but a pro as experienced as hux should have seen it coming.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Because he fell into the self-importance trap and his team mates are not good enough for him. I noticed in the last home game just how little they passed the ball to him, even when he was in acres of space.[/quote]

Rude old......

If Huck''s team mates are not in the same class as himself (just supposing, I am not saying they are or are not) then who''s fault is that? Huckerby''s? I think not.

Why the others in the team didn''t pass to him could be a number of reasons. Tactical orders? They can''t pass the ball? (Sad but true in a number of cases). Is it really credible that they just don''t LIKE him?

I have heard some conspiracy theories in my time but no....

I think Hucks'' outburst on Norfolk was simply frustration. He can''t be enjoying his football at the moment (is anyone?). I am not saying he''s God or is entitled to speak above anyone else, but we have learnt that he does wear his heart on his sleeve and why shouldn''t he speak out. I for one, have had enough of the Carrow Road cosiness for some time now. If Hucks wants to speak out, good for him. Let''s find out what''s really going on at our club.

I respect Hucks more for what he has said, many players will just come out and say things that they don''t really mean in an attempt to try please the fans, but Huckerby just says it how it is. I still think he''s gutted about the fact that Safri and Etuhu have gone and is letting his feelings be known to everyone. Team morale isn''t good right now i''m sure, all they really need is a couple of good performnces and points to give the whole squad a life, we have a great chance to do that in our next two home games, I just hope we don''t blow it!

No. It''s not Hucks'' place to comment on the state of the team. He''s broken the code of football - don''t disrespect your own.

Team morale is hardly going to have been helped by our "star" player telling everyone that they''re not very good, is it? I''m not sure that picking up a couple of points will make the likes of Lappin, Gallacher, Shackell, Brellier, Russell, Brown, Cureton etc forget what Hucks has said.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]......

If Huck''s team mates are not in the same class as himself (just supposing, I am not saying they are or are not) then who''s fault is that? Huckerby''s? [/quote]Class is as class does. How classy is Huckerby at the moment? It comes down to this - he can, but he doesn''t, or doesn''t often enough. The same as other talented players we''ve had in recent years, the difference being that they didn''t flap their lips about other players'' inadequacies. Why don''t they pass to him? My suggestion is that they know that 90% of the time he''ll lose possession.

[quote user="Mook"]

No. It''s not Hucks'' place to comment on the state of the team. He''s broken the code of football - don''t disrespect your own.

Team morale is hardly going to have been helped by our "star" player telling everyone that they''re not very good, is it? I''m not sure that picking up a couple of points will make the likes of Lappin, Gallacher, Shackell, Brellier, Russell, Brown, Cureton etc forget what Hucks has said.

[/quote]

Sorry Mook, while I agree it''s not good to question your fellow colleagues, he''s after all not saying anything most of us (including the players concerned) can''t already now.

We have had too many years of spin and a we are a wonderful football club mantra from on high. Good on Hucks for saying it like it is. At last someone has the guts to understand what a lot of us are feeling. Team morale is not low as a result of Hucks saying the team isn''t as good as it was. Morale is low because of how badly the team are playing. That is not down to Hucks alone. He''s been injured for some of that period anyhow.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Sorry Mook, while I agree it''s not good to question your fellow colleagues, he''s after all not saying anything most of us (including the players concerned) can''t already now. We have had too many years of spin and a we are a wonderful football club mantra from on high. Good on Hucks for saying it like it is. At last someone has the guts to understand what a lot of us are feeling. Team morale is not low as a result of Hucks saying the team isn''t as good as it was. Morale is low because of how badly the team are playing. That is not down to Hucks alone. He''s been injured for some of that period anyhow.[/quote]

Well it''s just a shame that he sulked for 90 mins before he had the guts to tell it how it is. Darren Huckerby is a special talent and when he is on form he is probably the most exciting player we ever had but Dion Dublin is the one with the guts and it would be interesting to know his opinion. It''s now obvious why Grant needed Dublin to sign another season but it''s not so obvious why Dublin chose to do so.