Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

2007 Accounts Published Today

I have just been reading the latestest of accounts which came through the post this morning. The good news is that debt has dropped from £19.2 to £17.6 million.

The page that gives profit on player transfers over the previous 5 years was always a useful talking point. No surprise then that this has been dispensed with in this years accounts. After a little digging however I found on page 27 that transfer profit 2006/07 was £2.54 million and that for the previous year it was £6..15 million.

Just a little food for thought for those of you who believe all transfer money is automatically spent on new players. 

Main points

Gate receipts up slightly (£7.67m from £7.61m) [:)]

Overall income down slightly (£23.78m from £24.12m) due to approx £425,000 fall in catering and commercial income [:(]

Players wages as a % of turnover down 5% from 36% to 31% [:@]

Total wages as a % of turnover down 0.7% from 54% to 53% [:@]

Net debt down from £19.2% to £17.7% [:)]

Proceeds from player sales £2.5m (Francis sell-on, Green and McKenzie).  Cost of new players £1.2m (Croft, Chadwick, Brown and Lappin).  Surplus £1.3m. [:@]

Pretax profit £627,125 down from £3,064, 814 [:(]

Retained profit £6,556,432 (Group), £8,284,924 (Company). [:S] I do not pretend to understand what this means, or the implications of it. [:^)] Is there an accountant in the house? [8-|]

Also noticed on page 43, Post balance sheet events shows this years player purchases at £2.2 million and this years sales at £5.5 million.