Sign in to follow this  
Worcester Yellow

Andy Hughes & Leeds

Has anyone else noticed that hes in the Leeds team that have just gone 7 straight wins??

What do we make of that ?

To be fair I thought we should have kept him... just for his heart...

But it also proves that management is everything at a club... Wise has had nowt to spend and had to sell players in fact...

So how does that work? Belief ? Luck ? Or superb man management ??

He''s a decent player that had the confidence knocked out of him by the fans who demand a scapegoat (Flemo before, Doc after).  Well done you lot.

Sorry, are you kidding me.Grant is having a tough time, but is better than Wise!And has for Leeds, they are a huge club, with a striker who tore the league apart last season, and now they have him, and the rest!!  Hughes was poor, and would be poor, but if you put this team in League 1 they would love it, and easily win.  We are having a tough time, but you have gone mad.

i think you''ll find a heart alone isn''t much good on a football pitch

and as for his other body organs and limbs we must remember they are playing in league one which is relevant when judging hughes and Wise (who after all was manager for most of their relegation season).

[quote user="JanBlazak"]

Has anyone else noticed that hes in the Leeds team that have just gone 7 straight wins??

What do we make of that ?

To be fair I thought we should have kept him... just for his heart...

But it also proves that management is everything at a club... Wise has had nowt to spend and had to sell players in fact...

So how does that work? Belief ? Luck ? Or superb man management ??

[/quote]

I think that if the current team played with the same amount of FIRE and PASSION that Hughes showned in each game we would be top 6.

Final

Cheers All.

Good luck to the bloke

[quote user="Dicky"]He''s a decent player that had the confidence knocked out of him by the fans who demand a scapegoat (Flemo before, Doc after).  Well done you lot.[/quote]I agree Dicky  some of our fans are a disgrace at the way they have hounded the likes of hughes ,how you can boo your own players is beyond me.

It would be easy to say I told you so but modesty prevents. That PG chose not to offer Andy Hughes regular first team football  has come back to haunt him. How we need his commitment and versatility now amongst the dross that has come in his and others place. Can anybody out there honestly say the football in League 1 is any worse than that being played by Norwich at present. Wise cleared out the rubbish at Leeds and brought in players who wanted to play and had a purpose. Wise has the ability to manage and motivate-PG please note and learn. Those "fans" out there ]who conspired to hound Hughes out of Carrow Road should be ashamed of themselves along with their ignorance of the game. Hughes could back next season either in the Championship for Leeds or against City if they get relegated to League 1- I wonder what sort of welcome he will get? The honest and reasonable fans amongst us will greet him well as we currently wish him well at Leeds. 

I''m the guys biggest fan and loved how he was for us but even so, i think you''ll find he has not played in all 7 of those games so it''s not all down to him. But had an influence i am sure and suits them more than us in many ways.

i know league 1 is different standard to the our league, but not to much difference as shown by teams coming up last few years - sheffweds, scunthorpe, bristol c, colchester etc...

my mate who is leeds fan n went on sat vs swansea, praised andy hughes as "brilliant"

[quote user="we8wba"]

i know league 1 is different standard to the our league, but not to much difference as shown by teams coming up last few years - sheffweds, scunthorpe, bristol c, colchester etc...

my mate who is leeds fan n went on sat vs swansea, praised andy hughes as "brilliant"

[/quote]

Glad to hear it we8wba.  I wish him well. 

by what i heard of him of you lot n seen him on tv, he may not be most talented but always gives 110%

bet you wished you had one of those players on sat vs wolves dont you?

least he would ran around n cared for the club

fair play to the lad moving to a bigger club (in lower div mind you) and performing good,

i dont want norwich to go down but bit of irony for those fans who completly slaughtered him if they come up n you lot go down

um isna this the same questionable andy hooz that played down the right ?Embarrassed [:$]

and semmi and croft should be overlooked for him now since were looking a wee bit shite? laughableStick out tongue [:P]

no seriously lets get him back then, i think a season long loan is in order, tra la la la.Wink [;)]

might as well stick him in the middle and resign mcveigh while were at it.Yes [Y]

once theyve played a dozen or so games we can onsell them and our 7 mill blackhole is nothing but a figment of the imagination. Party!!! [<:o)]

tra la la la Wink [;)]