So this chap from Lowestoft (lifelong fan) won the lottery last weekend and decided to treat himself to a season ticket as a result, according to the Pink ''Un. He also says he hasn''t been a season ticket holder for 9 years so a) its a good time to jump back on the bandwagon, after we''ve got promotion (grrrr) and b) there are obviously still season tickets for sale to non-existing holders, provided you''ve got enough money (grrrr).

Ama

That''s from the Evening News yesterday, but he''s at the bottom of the list of more than 2000 according to the updated story in today''s EDP (and on this site any minute now). He said he hasn''t been to a games for three or four years because of money and work commitments, but has been listening to commentary on Radio Norfolk.

Please give me Mr howletts address, I like to get my begging letters in early, Neil Doncaster probably has already got there.

Please note £2.2m might just get my season ticket if youre interested Mr H.

This would make a great national story on Norwich City FC. I wouldn''t be surprised to see it in a few papers tomorrow. The amazing success of the small backwater club of Norwich Village, where not even a 2.2 million lottery win can buy you a season ticket!

"sorry son, er um, premiership is for 16s and over only - er, um new rule just in, blame fifa"

Now where''s that lotto winners phone number??
In all seriousness can''t he buy an associate directorship for £50k and get a seat in the box?

Surely we can find a space if he''s prepared to er, "invest".

Can we squeeze another seat in between RW and NA above the tunnel????

Perhaps Mr H should put a couple of hundred thousand into the club and buy himself a seat in the directors box for the season. His excuse of lack of time and money doesnt ring true. If you are a true fan you find the time and scrape the money together because its important to you. If you are a committed fan (living in Lowestoft, mind) you would have attended a game at some stage in the last 4 years.

Mr H is jumping on the band wagon without much grace. Put your money where your mouth is H, and you can sit 4 rows behind Delia - not in the Barclay.

Rant over.

I agree with Dirty Lyle.
Wished i lived in Lowerstoft. living in Hitchin Herts when there is a midweek game i can only get as far as Cambridge by train without leaving the match early, i have to pay £40 by cab to complete my journey. None of us are flush but if it is your heart nothing comes between you & the club - OTBC

Surely he could afford an executive box with all that cash?
Then charge exhorbitent entry fees to some of the punters on the waiting list for season tickets?!
Perhaps I should offer to be his business manager ......