Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Ok, I hold my hands up, I got it wrong...

Sadly my pre-season optimism was severly mis-guided.

I, for the first time in many years, was actually really excited about the new season. Sadly what I have seen so far (from an exiled point of view now) has only served to agree with the doubters who I lambasted so vigorously over the summer.

I now see that we have the wrong man in charge and change is needed, sooner rather than later, or mediocrity beckons.

I will keep the faith and hope beyond hope that a reversal in fortunes happens but at present i fail to see it happening.

OTBC

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Sadly my pre-season optimism was severly mis-guided.

I, for the first time in many years, was actually really excited about the new season. Sadly what I have seen so far (from an exiled point of view now) has only served to agree with the doubters who I lambasted so vigorously over the summer.

I now see that we have the wrong man in charge and change is needed, sooner rather than later, or mediocrity beckons.

I will keep the faith and hope beyond hope that a reversal in fortunes happens but at present i fail to see it happening.

OTBC

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with loving the club....all you have to do is seperate "it" from the cowboys who are busy dismantling it.  That''s all the realists have done from the beginning..

Welcome aboard Blainsey. I wont say i told you so and i hope any of the others dont either.We all see things in a different light.

None of us are wrong,none of us are right.............We are all just individuals with our beloved clubs best interest at heart!

[quote user="Blainsey"]fair point Cluck, i see exactly where your group is coming from now. Apologies for having taken so long to realise it!![/quote]

Apologies don''t come into it Blainsey   [:)]  ...as on the whole we are all ardent City fans on here...so what hurts one hurts the other. The agony some are feeling today however is no different to how me and a few others felt a long time back....but maybe we''re just a little less shocked about things because of this than those who stayed the course.

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again...no matter what Smith and her cohorts do to this club in the short term...she only owns the bricks and mortar. The club "in spirit" will always belong to the fans and IT will still be there long after the present encumbents and their cling-ons have cleared off.

I was going to post something similar to this over the weekend but couldnt find the right words.

You have said them for me.

With todays statement about our finances, i do not believe we have the wrong man.

We have the wrong BOARD. Simple as. Im confident he could do a descent job if he had, 5 million? To spend. Which we needed with the loss of players.

Now, i might get the  "ipswich didnt need 5 million". Did they sell 3 of their best players? (open to opinion). However you look at it, at the end of the day, it''s down to the Board.

=]