Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4eva

CROUCH IN TALKS WITH SAINTS AND BOLTON

he mentioned that he would come here as first choice, i am sure worthy is monitoring the situation, give him time he hasn''t let us down yet

A little bit, I have to admit. But I have faith that Worthy has answers to all our transfer problems, and that we''ll have two or three new faces before too long. On the subject of Crouch, though, we don''t know how much Saints or Bolton are having to pay Villa for his services. It may well be that they''ve agreed a fee that either (A) We can''t compete with, or (B) don''t think he''s worth.

No, not frustrated at all. Just because we had him once doesn''t mean he''s the best. Nor does it mean we can automatically afford him.

We''ll be fine.

Yes i am getting extremely frustrated as I think we''re running out of quality players to target. I would of liked Hughes and Crouch or Fuller.
One thing I would say though is these two have bid 2m for Crouch, I think this is too expensive for Norwich to pay. If we are gonna pay twice our transfer record for one player he should be our best and an awesome player. Even though I rate Crouch I wouldn''t say he is this player. Would only pay about 1m.

Not really

4 goals in 15 games doesn''t really cut it. If they want to pay £2 million then they''re welcome to him

All for the knock down price of 750,000 according to the telegraph.
Early report on the Yarmouth game on sky web site for those living away and didnt hear anything about the game.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,31-1142051,00.html

I understand that Crouch is one of three key targets for the club and news that £750k is likely to be successful for Bolton & Soton do concern me. I know that NW is concerned not to break the bank wage wise and is concerned & frustrated at the wage demands of many of his targets - perhaps Crouch is one with wage demands that exceed the clubs/Worthys expectations? I am pretty sure that the fee of £750k is not the issue.. and that the £2m quoted elsewhere are also wide of the mark.

The other two names I have heard mentioned to complete the threesome are Ricksen of Rangers (IMHO overrated & a tad unstable) and Fulcher of Lincoln.

However my source does confirm that Worthy is as frustrated as us at the lack of signings so far which is reassuring.

OTBC