Sign in to follow this  
Nigel Worthless

Doherty Injury

Good news regarding the Injury to Doherty. Hopefully he will be sidelined for as long as possible!! Perhaps Grant will now be brave enough to play some of the youngsters on Saturday. If only he would realise Huckerby''s best position is left midfield we might be a little better off.

Shame we have run out of free Scottish Transfers or out of contract players!!

wtf -  Docherty was brilliant last night. better than I''ve seen him or Shackell recently. I had high hopes for the doc/murray CB partnership.

absolutely right huckerby is a left winger end of story and although i am not a doherty fan we need him for this saturday at least then dion will be back after that.

[quote user="Nigel Worthless"]

Good news regarding the Injury to Doherty. Hopefully he will be sidelined for as long as possible!! Perhaps Grant will now be brave enough to play some of the youngsters on Saturday. If only he would realise Huckerby''s best position is left midfield we might be a little better off.

Shame we have run out of free Scottish Transfers or out of contract players!!

[/quote]The problem with the injury to Doherty, apart from the fact he played really well yesterday and generally isn''t any worse than Shackell is despite the witch hunt against him - neither of them are good enough, yet Doherty gets all the abuse. Is that both Spillane and Jarvis played really well yesterday and are pretty much the only options I can see to go back into the defence with Dion, Shacks and Doherty unavailable. I''d like to see them both given a chance in midfield again on Saturday but that''s unlikely because Grant is likely to pick any half fit ''senior'' players to play and now they might be pushed into defence - the only bonus I can see in that is that means they''re more likely to get a game!