Sign in to follow this  
Vern

Captain Doc..Whatever Next???

Gary Donkerty made captain??. Osama Bin Laden will be made a peace envoy next.

Hardly an example to the younger footballers is it??.

For somebody who trots around the pitch at a very lacklustre pace, dragging attackers to the floor, clipping ankles and giving away endless free kiks and penalties to be made captain....... What is Peter Grant on??. 

I was there tonight, and Doc played extremely well.  His kicking was a little off, as it so often is, but his primary role is to defend and he did that exceptionally well in the face of some stern tests.  I said to my mate when I spotted Doc as captain that people would slag him off regardless, and here I am correct.... I''m by no means his biggest fan, but tonight was one of his better showings in a City shirt!

I admit I do not like Doherty since we signed him, but to offer him the captaincy yesterday is no wrong for that, because when you look at the side he was the most experienced player, so he should be made captain and I don''t think Grant will be continue with that with Shacks, Dion, Hucks and Drury not in the side.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Played well apparently. Surely if you''re quick enough to slag him off when he does badly then you can give him credit when he does well?[/quote]

I''ve said exactly the same thing in another post Graham.  The guy needs a confidence boost.

[quote user="sig"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Played well apparently. Surely if you''re quick enough to slag him off when he does badly then you can give him credit when he does well?[/quote]

I''ve said exactly the same thing in another post Graham.  The guy needs a confidence boost.

[/quote]The guy needs an athletic body transplant, a brain that moves quicker than his legs and a wig. He''s crap 90% of the time and when hes good remember its in comparisson to those around him. He always is a 4/5 out of 10 player so when others a really bad he looks a little bad. He''s no footballer, cant imagine what the first scout who picked him up saw in him.

to be fair whoelso would have benn captain last night i am not a doherty fan and i din''t think thereare many but who else out there had the experience to captain that team last night??????

marshall-no

otsemobor-no

murray-no

lappin-?

croft not a captain

russell-yes

spillain-no

jarvis-no

cureton-not a captain

brown-hell no

the only other one there is russell but grant is a doherty fan

the Doc has played well recently (starting with Cardiff) and plays well when partnering Dion.. is Doc the weak link in the defence really? or is it his mate Shackell...

the facts dont lie and we concede more goals when Jason Shackell plays at the back than when dion and the doc partner each other... food for thought but perhaps its Shackell who''s letting the side down....

jas :)