Sign in to follow this  
Kissthebadge

CB for saturday?

Assuming Doc is injured for Saturday, who would you play at CB?  Dion and Shacks are still suspended.  Murray will surely keep his place at that position after a good performance last night, but who partners him? Halliday with no match practise? Spillane when he''s played so well in midfield?  Surely we can''t move Semmy when he''s played so well at RB?  Will these injuries/suspensions force the board''s arm into shelling out for Davenport or do we just not have the money?

Rossi Jarvis or Michael Spillane.  He will want to incorporate Huckerby into the team, this will allow him to do that.  My money is on Rossi with Spillane keeping his place in midfield.......I dont normally do this but my team.....

GK      Marshall

LB       Lappin

RB       Otsemebor

CB(L)  Murray

CB(R)   Rossi Jarvis

LW       Huckerby

RW       Croft

CM       Spillane

CM       Russell

FC         Brown

FC         Cureton

Subs.      Gilks, Doc/Halliday, Chadwick, Martin, Strihavka

Line up in a standard 4-4-2, Spillane to be the defensive midfielder with Rusty given license to push up.  Orthodox wing/full back play with the emphasis on encouranging Otsemebor to overlap, Lappin to hang back and try and ping balls into Huckerby so he can run at people.  Chris Brown as the hold up man with Cureton feeding off him.

We need to try and establish a settled 11 so that they can develop and grow as a unit.  If you look at the teams promoted generally they are the sides who have used the least players and the least combinations.

Agreed Jimmy, but for me, I think I want Martin over Brown.  I am not a Brown hater, as many have come, I just think that Martin deserves his shot, I mean lets be honest the others havent been working out, so give Martin agao.  He saved ours and Grants skin before, so give him another chance to do so, and not on the Wing!  Up front.

looks like a pretty good line up to me wouldn''t change any of those

although i think brellier will be availible i would leave him on the bench with chadwick, martin, strihavka and gilks

[quote user="gissing canary"]

Agreed Jimmy, but for me, I think I want Martin over Brown.  I am not a Brown hater, as many have come, I just think that Martin deserves his shot, I mean lets be honest the others havent been working out, so give Martin agao.  He saved ours and Grants skin before, so give him another chance to do so, and not on the Wing!  Up front.

[/quote]

That was in my thinking when I typed it, my mind was swayed by continuity.  We need a base 11 to build from, anyway chris martin on the bench isn''t a bad option to have

One possibility would be to play 3-5-2, with Murray on his own and Brellier replacing Doc, but as a defensive midfielder. I know that the Frenchman has not over-impressed yet, but perhaps this is the opportunity to do just that. Spillane has said that he prefers central defence, and while we might lose his ability going forward, if he plays as a defending/covering midfielder, we would still have the benefit of his tackling/heading/distribution.I don''t think that Halliday is ready.The other possibility would be to move one of the fullbacks (in practice only Otse, with Cave-Brown filling in for him?)Perhaps we shall be delightfully surprised and a CD on loan (Davenmport or whoever) will emerge, or the Doc reocver sufficiently.