Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Man City - What we gained and how we can improve

Some varying views on the Man City game from different sources :From Times Online [quote]It was harsh on Norwich City, who had been the equal of their Barclays Premier League opponents to that point, but, if anyone was entitled to a bit of luck on an otherwise forgettable evening at the City of Manchester Stadium, it was Samaras.[/quote]From Manchester Evening News [quote]the Premier League high-flyers overcame a determined Norwich side who scrapped throughout but never really looked like causing a shock.[/quote]Stats from bbcPossession :Man City 53% Norwich 47 %Shots on Target :Man City 6 Norwich 2Shots off Target :Man City 9 Norwich 3Corners :Man City 9 Norwich 6Fouls :Man City 13 Norwich 9As in previous games we were out-gunned in terms of shots at goal.  5 shots for us, 2 on target.  We need more shots against a Wednesday team who are there for the taking on Saturday.  An excellent performance against a decent 2nd 11 though, easily the equal of Charlton or Wolves in terms of money on the pitch.Peter Grant :"Did I think we deserved to take it to extra time? At least. I thought we looked the more threatening of the two sides. We moved the ball well, created chances and that is all I can ask for."Maybe we could have been a wee bit more clinical, a couple of times we passed it when maybe there was a shot on. Sometimes I think if we''d have been a bit more greedy in the box then we could have caused the upset."But I''ve got to look at the big picture and that was our performance and our response to the weekend. You have to consider the amount of changes we had to make as well. We were without seven or eight first-team players what with injuries and suspensions."

We learned that by far the most significant factor in a good performance is the attitude of the players - more important than tactics or formation, or playing certain individuals. When they want to, they CAN pass and move. That was the biggest lesson (not new, but it keeps being forgotten), and the next biggest was the worrying lack of a partnership between Brown and Cureton. We learned that Murray''s OK at CB. And of course, we now know for sure that Spillane is ready for the first team, and must play.

Reading the times today. Their best shot on target of note was a shot marshall had to dive to the right to push round the post. Hardly a goaline seige. Really we played counter attack football last night so the lack of shots on target are acceptible. Remember we were playing against accomplished defenders here not Gary Breen and co. No offence wolves fans, gary breen sucks.

whatever......  Last season in our Gallant reverse against Chelsea Jose Mourinho was singing our praises...  Its a cup match, we were motivated tehy werent.  Last season the Chelsea match led to no improvement in the league.  I doubt the Man City defeat will either.