Sign in to follow this  
BABY B

Press Conference??????????

Was there meant to be one today introducing Safri and hopefully some other surprises???

Worthy is being very tight lipped on transfer activity (Very curious!!!)

I don''t think we should read much into the Crouch speculation!!! I think that the agent has mentioned in other threads is talking up his client''s interest so other clubs will put a bid in???

But if this is not true, It looks like Worthy has been given a very small amount of money to spend on signings and is being restricted by Captain Sensible Doomcaster!!!

As Doomcaster has mentioned before, that NCFC are looking at the Charlton FC financial model, and will look at the long term survival of the club and not go down the same road as the Binners and other clubs who went on a spending spree in the Premiership.

Do we want financial stability for the Club in the long term?

Or do we want to buy players on hugely inflated wages and then if the worse happens we get relegated to the fizzy league with still having to pay these players, we could then be financially crippled? (i.e Mr Spudhead and the biffa men scenario!!!!)

Let''s just sit tight and wait and see what happens after the yellow army returns from the Far East (maybe with a top striker and two defenders from the Far East!!!)

Answers on a postcard please

First of all, I don''t think there is such a thing as a ''budget for transfers''. The board give Worthy his player budget for next season. He has to spend it on a combination of wages and transfers. Hence we can have lots of plyers on frees, or pay a big transfer fee and blow a big lot in one go, or save some for loans. Its up to Worthy. By removing Rivers he may have increased his room for manouvre a little.

The budget he has been given will be after paying off some debts, new corner infill, etc, etc. Its the only way to do it. And for those who don''t think the sums add up... we were already going to make a loss of over £4m last year, so we need that much of the Prem money just to stand still as it were.

So many people seem to just take the headline figure and go spend it, as if they''re playing CM or something. Its a bit like taking your gross salary and thinking about what you can buy, without taking into consideration tax, bills, mortgage etc. After which there''s only a bit left to play with (if that!!).

Ama

Financial stability please. Ok so doomcaster looks after his penny''s, so what we splahed out when we needed to ad i''m sure worthy has gone to the board with a list of names, whom we have no idea about and they will either say yes or no. We have got a sound backroom team who want whats best for the club.

I still believe we have the strongest team of the 3 that came up and we''ve spent very little in comparison. the only player i would''ve like us to get so far is purse, but then he had an injury hit season last year and played very few games. I think there are players out there who would suit our team more better.

No need to get so uptight, worthy has it under control. If we''ve still not signed anyone this time next month, then i''ll be a bit worried. However steady eddy didn''t sign til 24hours before the Bradford game and he was 1 of our best players last year.

otbc