Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Hold Your Heads High Players && Grant - You've Proved us wrong

Grant - Tactics - For example playing spillane just infront the back four. Worked well, had a very good game

Players - Proved me wrong, as well as others, about a lack of passion. In plentiful, and the belief in each other seemed to be there too =].

Overall a game our team can be proud of.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]No good if we don''t carry it on though. Fingers crossed we keep the same team on Saturday.[/quote]

Agreed.

Hopefully these youngsters will give the "I get paid alot so i play every game" players a kick up the...bum =]

[quote user="hogesar"]

Grant - Tactics - For example playing spillane just infront the back four. Worked well, had a very good game

Players - Proved me wrong, as well as others, about a lack of passion. In plentiful, and the belief in each other seemed to be there too =].

[/quote]

They have proven nothing to me

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

They have proven nothing to me

[/quote]

Why aren''t i surprised...[;)]

Ricky, if Premiership reserve teams are so crap, where would you have us sign the ''quality'' players that we need from?

Just got home from Man City and had to say I was proud of the lads tonight. It was a very good performance by us, we passed the ball around well and played with guts and enthusia. Otsemobor & Croft linked up very well together, Murray looked comfortable at CB, Rossi Jarvis ran his socks off , Spillane had a great game and Doc played really well too.

Yes the doom and gloom merchants might say we were playing against a team with several reserves in it, but you can only play against the team they put out and besides we had several key players missing too.

Well Done Norwich, I''m glad I made the trip and well done to the fans who also made the trip, we outsung them easily didn''t we? [:)]

[quote user="ricky knight"]we only lost 1-0 to man city reserves, blimey we must be promoted for sure.[/quote]

I don''t think not many reserves will included twoRepublic of Ireland international, an England international, a Greek international, and also a Brazilian international who scored against Manchester United earlier this season. They were not a weak side.

Went to the game last night and have to say how proud i was of the team. They gave their all and while unfortunately it wasnt quite enough it bodes well if they can carry on playing with as much grit and determination.

So in 20 years time all city fans will be able to look back at the result records and it will show ''played well,great improvement'' will it?

No,it will show a big fat ''L'' next to the result!

this is a load of rubbish people. The problems throughout the club are the same today as two days ago. Yes an improved performance and another battling rather than surrendering defeat but Grant is still the wrong man for this club to progress. There should be much less instant reaction to each match individually and people need to stand by their views independant of each individual game. Same goes with recent terrible loses, for my money theuy are nearer the true situation but if people believe in Grant be brave enough to admit it.

TwoSheds Wrote :

So in 20 years time all city fans will be able to look back at the result records and it will show ''played well,great improvement'' will it?

Dont get me wrong, you''re right in that sense. But after the wolves match, it was the performance that was important. It was important to see they were still a team and would still give their all.

The fact it shows a ''L'' next to the result, doesn''t bother me too much this time.

Under Worthington, after a game like Wolves, i''d have put money on us collapsing to a 4-0 defeat last night.

The fact is, we didn''t.

Er?.......................we lost...................again!.

So don''t speak for me Hog........we''re not wrong................you are....................again!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

So don''t speak for me Hog........we''re not wrong................you are....................again!.

[/quote]

And you expected a win against one of the premier leagues biggest spenders and against a team full of quality players.  Be realistic, it was only ever about the performance last night and most people will agree that we got one of them.

It would have been easy for us to roll over and get thrashed last night.  We didn''t, we scrapped and fought and displayed the level of passion we have all been asking for.  We continue like that for the rest of the season and I think we will be OK.

Also found out that we don''t need a centre half as Murray was very comfortable in the role.  Spillane is an excellent DM who deserves to keep his place.  And that Rossi Jarvis is the real deal.  The emergence of these 3 for me makes the squad look a lot better than it seemed.  Now Chris Brown just needs his goal and maybe, just maybe..... 

[quote user="hogesar"]TwoSheds Wrote :

Dont get me wrong, you''re right in that sense. But after the wolves match, it was the performance that was important. It was important to see they were still a team and would still give their all.

The fact it shows a ''L'' next to the result, doesn''t bother me too much this time.

Under Worthington, after a game like Wolves, i''d have put money on us collapsing to a 4-0 defeat last night.

The fact is, we didn''t.

[/quote]Think is though grant HAD TO PLAY THAT TEAM it picked itself didn''t it.What were the chances of him picking that team if we had our whole squad avalible

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

No one is right and no one is wrong! we all have our opinions about what Peter Grant and the current Norwich City team could and couldn''t do this season. We will only know who was right and wrong come early may when the season is finished. If you want to start moaning and complaing over a couple of performances and claiming there is no hope for us then go ahead and do that. I on the other hand intend to be optimistic and allow Peter Grant to have a fair chance to prove himself this season before claiming he''s not good enough after just 7 games.

Last nights performance was very encouraging, sure we lost and Man City didn''t have their strongest 11 out but there were some first teamers along with fringe players, that were good enough to turn Norwich over if we hadn''t of played well, also you have to take into consideration we didn''t have our strongest 11 too, so last nights performance was something to be proud of and is good reason to feel slightly more hopeful that we can take this onto our next Championship game. Like I said before two good performances and back to back wins in our next two home games and it turns our season on our head and makes all you people that continue to doubt us at this eary stage look very foolish!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

Oh look,didnt that plane do well. It got up 95% of the runway before crashing!

[/quote]

Perfect summing up of events. Rather like a doctor nearly reviving a patient....I''m sure the grieving relatives would be delighted with such a result.

We lost......

Do you think Grant would have played Spillane and Jarvis last night if Brellier and Shackell had been available? The answer to that is a big no, he was forced into it! At last he''s found out that Murray is no left back but then Murray told him that. Why were no subs used last night i.e. Dave Striker or Chris Martin. Brown yet again didn''t look like scoring even though he worked hard. Will Martin only get his chance when Brown and Striker are injured?

It will be interesting to see what side is put out when all players are available

[quote user="ricky knight"]we only lost 1-0 to man city reserves, blimey we must be promoted for sure.[/quote]

Oh yes, because that''s exactly what he is saying isn''t it!?!? In your own words, "give me strength".[:S]

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

And what will it say in the column next to the Palace and Southampton games where we were apparently outplayed and really lucky to win against totally apalling sides, therefore apparently making these results meaningless? It works both ways you know.   

[quote user="ricky knight"]like wise if we lose them others will start to look foolish.[/quote]

In my opinion, it is more about what is happening to our club than whether individuals on this board do or don''t start to look foolish. Of course we are in a bad way at the moment but after the depressing week we have just had, why does it bother you so much if some people are cheered up a bit by what was undoubtedly a much improved performance last night in which a couple of our younger and peripheral players showed that there might be some hope for the future?

How dare they?  

[quote user="London_Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

No one is right and no one is wrong! we all have our opinions about what Peter Grant and the current Norwich City team could and couldn''t do this season. We will only know who was right and wrong come early may when the season is finished. If you want to start moaning and complaing over a couple of performances and claiming there is no hope for us then go ahead and do that. I on the other hand intend to be optimistic and allow Peter Grant to have a fair chance to prove himself this season before claiming he''s not good enough after just 7 games.

Last nights performance was very encouraging, sure we lost and Man City didn''t have their strongest 11 out but there were some first teamers along with fringe players, that were good enough to turn Norwich over if we hadn''t of played well, also you have to take into consideration we didn''t have our strongest 11 too, so last nights performance was something to be proud of and is good reason to feel slightly more hopeful that we can take this onto our next Championship game. Like I said before two good performances and back to back wins in our next two home games and it turns our season on our head and makes all you people that continue to doubt us at this eary stage look very foolish!

[/quote]Exactly right. Finally someone with some common sense.

How anyone can declare themselves right and others wrong after 7 games is unbelieveable. It could all go wrong and end up near the bottom of the league or it could all go right and end up near the top. Nobody can tell yet and back to back wins would see 1st Wizard do his usual U-turn and put Grant, Doncaster, Delia etc back on their pedestal as the holy saviour of the club but back to back wins and he''ll sit there with little figures of them sticking pins in them spouting some rubbish about them intentionally sabotaging the club.

I still think it''ll come good but nobody can tell and I''ll happily admit I was wrong if it doesn''t (well, not that happily) but even if we do win the next 3 games, I wouldn''t be screaming how great we are and how we''re going to win the league. I just wish others would stop from acting like a pendulum wildly swinging from one side to the other.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

Perfect summing up of events. Rather like a doctor nearly reviving a patient....I''m sure the grieving relatives would be delighted with such a result.

We lost......

[/quote]

What a rubbish metaphor, absolute drivvle......

Heres a better one....

I played snooker the other night, I lost to a really good opponent.  During the game I made my best ever break, played some great safety shots, it was probably the best frame of snooker I have ever played.  I lost on the black ball.  I lost, just, but that doesn''t mean I was crap.  In fact I am now far more optimistic about the next time I play, will I win next time, who knows.  But if I play like that again I give myself a fighting chance.

Grant hasnt proved anything untill we perform and start picking up points when it really matters in a league game. Grant was forced into his team selection last nighht, it remains to be seen who he plays when some of our so called stars and ''bigger'' names become available.

Yes, it was good last night, but lets not get carried away.

[quote user="HUDDY"]

Grant hasnt proved anything untill we perform and start picking up points when it really matters in a league game. Grant was forced into his team selection last nighht, it remains to be seen who he plays when some of our so called stars and ''bigger'' names become available.

Yes, it was good last night, but lets not get carried away.

[/quote]

You are completely right, the test will come when he has other options available and we get to see whether he is picking the team on reputation or merit because so far he doesn''t seem to have been picking the team on merit. His hand was forced last night, let''s see what he does when he has all options available.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

We lost......

[/quote]

What a rubbish metaphor, absolute drivvle......

Heres a better one....

I played snooker the other night, I lost to a really good opponent.  During the game I made my best ever break, played some great safety shots, it was probably the best frame of snooker I have ever played.  I lost on the black ball.  I lost, just, but that doesn''t mean I was crap.  In fact I am now far more optimistic about the next time I play, will I win next time, who knows.  But if I play like that again I give myself a fighting chance.

[/quote]

Right then.......what if you''ve been losing on the "black ball" regularly for the past umpteen years.....does that mean you''re a winner?  This is not just an overnight scenario...they''ve been second rate for years.Using your viewpoint it probably indicates that you should stick to gardening in future and let someone else more capable play at the table. A loser is a loser...not a nearly winner.

Moving back to my original comment....if that doctor had been nearly saving patients who might ordinarily have survived under a different doctor....do you think he would still be in his job after 10 years? I don''t think so somehow...and would those relatives in turn be content to have him operate on them at a future date?

Think about it.