Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Team for tonight v Man City .... I hope so

Marshall

Otsemobor      Doherty    Murray     Halliday

Croft               Russell   Spillane       Huckerby

Martin           Cureton

Subs: Gilkes R Jarvis Eagle Brown Strihavka

Martin has to prove himself that he''s better than Brown (no Goals) and Strihavka (is he fit now ?).

Give Murray a chance as a centre back.

Spillane is a much better player in controling midfield than lightweight Lappin (not even worth a place on the bench for me).

Croft and Huckerby must both provide Martin and Cureton with good crosses. And Croft and Huckerby are both invited to score themselves too !

I hope these eleven will start tonight and play as a team, and not all eleven on an island with no believe in themselves.

Try to attack when you can .... and give Man City a hard game ... maybe a draw ... we can win ... if you don''t believe you can win ... you must stop playing football at Carrow Road. Please no walkover for Man C.

The best line up would include Spillane at centre half, not Murray. best case scenario sees Spillane stake a strong claim with a good performance and enable Dublin to play at centre forward when he becomes available again, killing two birds with one stone. Spillane has talent, and the physical attributes, it ciould be his time. Unfortunately, im pretty sure Grant will go for the hapless Murray, and he will demonstrate that he doesnt just play left back badly. . 

Gilks (marshalls had his chance as far as im concerened... the 2nd goal on Saturday shows his ineptitude! the 1st one was also saveable)

Otsemobor            Spillane          Rossi Jarvis        Halliday

Croft             Russell             Lappin            Eagle

Huckerby          Cureton

subs Marshall, Strihavka, Murray, Chadwick, doherty

Hucks and Cureton upfront will discourage the long ball and means we have pace up front for through balls to be played.. Croft and Eagle MUTS get crosses in for Cureton and the on rushing russell to Attack, Hucks isnt strong in the air but can mop up loose crosses or use his pace to ghost in behind the defence and create a goal scoring chance.

Matty Gilks to be given a chance as David Marshall, im afraid to say it, is crap. As was pointed out on Radio Norfolk on Saturday the 1st goal was saveable and the 2nd one was his fault as he watched it go past him! lack of concentration will expose us.. and against a premiership side we cant afford this flapper to cost us goals.

jas :) 

With Hux likely to wander, and not good defensively, your midfield would consist of Croft, Rusell and Spillane. and with the last not a left sided player I think they will be overrrun. I hope that Murray is up to it, but so far there are not many signs, and with Doherty likely to be stumbling in the wake of MC swift men, the centre doesn''t look like a bastion either. Do we know that Halliday can perform at LB? Rossi, I think has played there. Could he be a better bet.?I would like to think that Croft and Hux can provide a stream of crosses, but Curo is not exactly tall or strong in the air.I think that I would prefer to play Hux as a striker, with Martin just behind him and Curo to provide a link between midfield and attack. My judgement is that Martin is the best central midfielder we have still fit.Who would want to be a manager in this situation - playing a leading Premiership team and with six first team players out -anything less than a 5-0 defeat  would be a success!!

ok .. but I think Spillane is quite good in central midfield as he proved at the end of last season with some impressing displays ... maybe we can play Halliday or Jarvis as a central defender .. instead of Murray  ... and use Halliday or Cave-Brown as left back ... 

And if we push Hucks up front instead of Martin or Cureton ... Eagle can play left midfield ....

11 goalkeepers

-              -            -          -

-              -            -           -

-            -

My line up for this evening is as follows:

Marshall

Cave-Brown            Doherty                 Spillane                  Lappin

Ozzy                       Russell                     Martin                  Hucks

Cureton           Dave S

Subs   Gilks, Murray, Croft, Brown, R Jarvis

We need outlets, a creator, people attacking at their full backs given them something to think about, wingers that take players on and get to byline to allow the strikers to attack something. Balls into the strikers feet for them to feed it out wide and get back into the box. An alternative would be for Bally Smart right wing with Ozzy at right back but the info i''m hearing Cave-Brown looks a very composed right back. Martin is the missing link spreads the ball about lovely and will look to get onto the end of any lose ends on the edge of the box with Russell doing the battling and defensive work. Once Dublin returns replace him with Doc and away we go! Russell/Dublin captains!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

How tall is spillane?

[/quote] Im not sure exactly but hes a big strapping lad. Centre half is his position. Likes a header, loves a tackle, decent range of pass.   

My starting 11 would be:-

Marshall

Semmy                      Doc                            Spillane                     Minty

Croft                       Russell                            Lapin                    Hucks

Dave The Striker                JC

Bench: Gilks, Halliday, Rossi, Martin, Brown

God Bless them! [li][Z][li]

marshall

otsemobor       doherty     spilliane   halliday

croft         russell      lappin          huckerby

martin         cureton

subs gilks  murray strihavka eagle rossi jarvis

Having a laugh...me   

Gunn (B)

Doomcaster (N)        Turner (S)         Turner (A)       Smith (D)

Wyn Jones          Munby

Foulger               Skipper (on loan)   Cullum (A)   Bank Manager

Gunn

Bowen      Polston     Malkie    Culverhouse

Gordon     Goss         Crook      Fox

Fleck            Sutton

All available for free... let''s do it!!!  Michael Palin managed to pull an old skool team together in Ripping Yarns (I wonder if anyone gets that)

Marshall

Otsemobor      Doherty    Murray    lappin

Croft               Russell   Spillane       Huckerby

Martin           Cureton

Subs: cave brown Eagle Brown Strihavka rossi jarvis

agree pretty much yellow road.  i''d put lappin at left back, but agree, he''s far to lightweight and chasing shadows in centre midfield - god knows what possessed grant to put him there - it smacks of when worthy used to simon charlton in the centre mid posi. NO! or put hucks on the right...arrrgghhhh - no just don''t don''t do it granty.

i toyed with the idea of replacing the doc with halliday - but went with the doc.

GilksOtsemobor   Doherty   Spillane   Jarvis  Lappin               Croft      Russell     Huckerby                    Strihavka  MartinSubs:  Marshall, Cave-Brown, Eagle, Cureton, Brown

Here''s mine,..............

GILKS

OTSEMOBOR             BEXFIELD            SPILLANE            LAPPIN

RUSSELL

CROFT                                       JARVIS                                 HUCKERBY

MARTIN               CURETON / DAVE STRIKER     ...(FLIP A COIN)

WHY NOT?........I''ve noticed that Rossi can occasionally pick a pass [:)]

PG needs to give some real game experience to the youngsters. Like it or not, we''re going to rely on them a heck of a lot over the next couple of weeks until the suspensions / injuries are back. Be nice to force these current "outsiders" to win their places back on merit.

If we assume that Hucks is going to play (and probably captain), and we have a front 2 as well, then we have to make sure that the back 7(!) don''t get overrun. Murray didn''t impress me at left back - why not see what Halliday can do?

So, although it''d probably be one of the youngest back 4''s still in the Carling Cup...

Gilks

Otsmobor        Jarvis         Spillane          Halliday

Croft             Martin               Russell        

Hucks

Cureton           DaveStrika

Marshall, Doc, Lappin, Brown, Murray

I guess 4-3-1-2 is a slight departure from the standard 4-4-2, and PG might just get a nose bleed based on previous form, but it''s probably more reflective of what will actually happen! Can we somehow get PG a touchline ban and see what good that does?

Chances are we''re going to get beaten, so I guess the concern with playing youngsters is that they''ll get disgruntled. I reckon - give them their chance, and see what they can do. With the right team talk, they could lose 6-0 and it not affect them.

Ben

[quote user="Old Boy"]                              Gilks

Otsemobor   Doherty   Spillane   Jarvis  Lappin

Croft      Russell     Huckerby

Strihavka  Martin

Subs:  Marshall, Cave-Brown, Eagle, Cureton, Brown
[/quote]

y''know on second thoughts (and seeing ''Old Boy''s'')

I rather like his selection. Just a bit concerned that they would actually MOVE a bit            .....forward , that is,

....once in a while would be nice (maybe Spillane , Rusty & Jarvis could interchange a bit too...or is that complicating it to the point of suicide?!)

otbc

Marshall

Otsemobor   Doherty   Murray   Lappin

Spillane

Croft                Martin            Huckerby

Cureton   Strihavka

Subs: Gilks, Halliday, Russell, Jarvis, Brown

Whatever team he decides upon we can only hope that it is one that displays the guts and courage to at least attempt to be competative.After Saturdays sham its time for them to show us that we are worth it.A loss tonight I have no doubt, but a loss with some effort, guts and heart is needed. I fear for a very mixed reception this coming Sat and if they can at least show some backbone and grit tonight they may salvage the support on Sat.Its got to be time and opportunity for the youngsters to show what they are made of and has got to be a stage worth putting them on. Perhaps thier enthusiasm on a centre stage will shine through. I hope so or we are looking at a very bleak footballing winter.Come on guys prove the critics wrong !

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

All available for free... let''s do it!!!  Michael Palin managed to pull an old skool team together in Ripping Yarns (I wonder if anyone gets that)

[/quote]

Don''t worry Michael I remember such classics as "Across the Andes by Frog" and "Tompkins Schooldays" - comedy classics

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

Having a laugh...me   

Gunn (B)

Doomcaster (N)        Turner (S)         Turner (A)       Smith (D)

Wyn Jones          Munby

Foulger               Skipper (on loan)   Cullum (A)   Bank Manager

[/quote]

That really is hilarious [Y]

y the f*ck does every1 complain ''martins not a midfielder'' ... and then nearly everybdy has put him centre mid in their team 4 2nyt ..
yeh that makes sense!