Sign in to follow this  
Headbanger

I think it says it all when....

First post?  You signed up to spout that did you?   Last years we all thought losing to Chelsea 4-0 was good because we made them look average apart from their obvious superiority in scoring - suddenly a narrow 1-0 loss to the team third in the table is poor?

And I see that the prince of darkness has lept to your support.  No doubt he will take you under his wind and within a week you will be starting threds saying ''you lot are deluded if you think we can get promoted'' ''sack the cook'' jocks are evil'' and other nonsense.

[quote user="Marcus Jervis"]

.....We are told to celebrate and be proud of a 1.0 defeat against Man City reserves.

We really have come a long way haven''t we?

[/quote]

[quote user="Headbanger"]

.....We are told to celebrate and be proud of a 1.0 defeat against Man City reserves.

[/quote]

As a new poster Headbanger (welcome) you''d better get use to the ''Faithful'' and their wellcoming ways, it goes with the terrority if you tell the truth on here..............they don''t like it up em!.[;)]

Hey, come on - they had made 9 changes and we had 8 missing for various reasons. But they still had over £25M of talent playing and are 3rd in Premier, so lets give our Reserves some credit!

Yeah wiz, ''the truth''. Now, i look back a month and you were saying the exact opposite to what you say now!

Welcome Headbanger, you''ve already met 1st Wiz. Currently he is Anti-Grant, if you come back next week he will be Pro-Grant.  You''ll soon get used it. [:P]

[/quote]

who told you to celebrate? i have been to the last two away games and the difference between them makes me proud of the performance last night. as for man city reserves, i can tell you didn''t go to the game. 15 mil stike force and how many international players? hardly our supposed first team either was it?

Martin wrote:

Welcome Headbanger, you''ve already met 1st Wiz. Currently he is Anti-Grant, if you come back next week he will be Pro-Grant.  You''ll soon get used it. [:P]

I actually liked that Martin.[:D]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz....how many more times today do you want to be wrong?  When did you last see this lot turn out in the Pontins league?  Never would probably be the answer you are looking for.

Dunne

Ball

Ireland

Samaras

Geovanni

Bianchi

I hate to burst your bubble, but even Man City''s reserve team don''t play in the pontins league.  They play in the premiership reserve league.anyway they only fielded:5 International players  2 U-21 players    2 Former International players   and had 1 International and 1 Former International on the bench.Thats not exactly a bad team.

[quote user="ricky knight"]hate to burst your bubble but it was not the team 3rd in the league we played last night, its the team from the pontins league.[/quote]

pontins league? is that where you wrestle? take the pie out of your mouth and give credit where its due, we played like a team last night and all the worthy, sorry grant outers dont like it.

Actually i am contracted to wrestle at pontins good money it is too. Listen people we are all happy about the improve performance but what annoys me and other long term fans is the low expectancy of our fans and club when a gallant 1-0 defeat is greeted with such euthoria, what message does it send to the muppets running our club. I would love to be wrong and city win every game win the league by a mile, Grant was voted manager of the year, but i am a realist it aint going to happen and we aint going nowhere under the current set up. Lets just wait and see who is right it wont take long. To finish i will be positive when i find something to be positive about and a 1-0 gallant defeat does not do it for me, sorry.

[/quote]

Welcome to the Pink''Un.  In response we are not proud of the defeat, we are proud of the fact that we went down fighting, something we haven''t done to often in recent weeks.

[quote user="JC"]

First post?  You signed up to spout that did you?   Last years we all thought losing to Chelsea 4-0 was good because we made them look average apart from their obvious superiority in scoring - suddenly a narrow 1-0 loss to the team third in the table is poor?

And I see that the prince of darkness has lept to your support.  No doubt he will take you under his wind and within a week you will be starting threds saying ''you lot are deluded if you think we can get promoted'' ''sack the cook'' jocks are evil'' and other nonsense.

[quote user="Marcus Jervis"]

[/quote][/quote]

Well i must admit not ALL jocks are evil but what exactly is Nonsense about the rest? Enlighten me please.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Actually i am contracted to wrestle at pontins good money it is too. Listen people we are all happy about the improve performance but what annoys me and other long term fans is the low expectancy of our fans and club when a gallant 1-0 defeat is greeted with such euthoria, what message does it send to the muppets running our club. I would love to be wrong and city win every game win the league by a mile, Grant was voted manager of the year, but i am a realist it aint going to happen and we aint going nowhere under the current set up. Lets just wait and see who is right it wont take long. To finish i will be positive when i find something to be positive about and a 1-0 gallant defeat does not do it for me, sorry.[/quote]

how can you not be positive about a last minute goal against a prem team?

[quote user="mystic megson"]

DDD . . . how on earth did your username get past the modifiers?

[/quote]

the same way that one of those little urchins can get away with the word W***er in their avatar, and hoe some people still get away with risque avatars.

yet people can mention where the money has gone as a joke and not get it posted.... (i didint expect it to when i said where the money had gone ina  thread yesterday.. just wanted to see if it would make it past the mods!)

jas :)

[/quote]

Name me one person whos told you to celebrate Headbanger??

Totally agree with you Headbanger, football is about winning, doesn''t matter whether you''re playing Man City or Mansfield. How anyone can be happy from a 1-0 defeat amazes me! Facts are yet again we lost and yet again we didnt score away from home, and thats what will go down in the history books.

We only got beat 2-0 at Wolves........and we were worse than shi*e - with 1 wayward shot on the opponent''s goal, that actually went out for a corner.

Yes, the team played well, and sadly lost the game - although I''m more concerned about Saturday against Wednesday at this moment in time. Cup-ties don''t give you 3 points........but allow you to express yourself. (Or something like that?)[:|]

[quote user="Lower Barclay"]

Totally agree with you Headbanger, football is about winning, doesn''t matter whether you''re playing Man City or Mansfield. How anyone can be happy from a 1-0 defeat amazes me! Facts are yet again we lost and yet again we didnt score away from home, and thats what will go down in the history books.

[/quote]

There are different ways of losing.  We can roll over and give up like against wolves.  Or we can down fighting like we did against Man City.

Yes we lost last night, but we went down kicking and screaming to a 25m pound reserve team.  Now I can take no satisfaction from that, what I can take is hope.

Why can''t people understand that the team and manager can take poitives from a game you lose and use that to give everyone a boost for the next Norwich fixture, tuesday night was all about the performance not the result, all that matters now is that we get a win against Wednesday and if we don''t then fair enough we all have good reason to feel very angery but i''m confident we will take all three points against Sheffield Wendesday even with the players we have available.

Fanstastic. A new registration just to post that. Were you at the game? And who told you to celebrate the defeat?

The Man City game was just what we needed. There was no pressure on the team, it picked itself (apart from the front two) with all the injuries and suspensions, and some fringe players got a run out, and hopefully the performances of Murray, Spillane, and Rossi Jarvis will have given Grant more of a selection problem on Saturday than he had on Tuesday.

I thought we played more than ok last night. If we had conceded early we could have been in for a tough time. But we didn’t, we hung in there, passed our way back into it and gave Man City more of a game than they were expecting.

We (and I sincerely hope the management team) can see the things that are wrong, Brown’s lack of cutting edge, Russell’s lapses in the middle, Crofts final ball, and most importantly utilising Semi’s pace, which the team seem to have forgotten about. How many quick throw outs from
Marshall did we see yesterday evening. Close to none as I recall.

Although we lost, I think that the way we played will have given a confidence boost for both players and fans before the next two home games.

I try to be both positive and realistic about matters NCFC. Why don''t you?

That''s settled then....we can lose the rest of the games this season 1-0 (as long as we are gallant in doing so) and we won''t get relegated.

What a relief that is.........

[quote user="ricky knight"]Actually i am contracted to wrestle at pontins good money it is too. Listen people we are all happy about the improve performance but what annoys me and other long term fans is the low expectancy of our fans and club when a gallant 1-0 defeat is greeted with such euthoria, what message does it send to the muppets running our club. I would love to be wrong and city win every game win the league by a mile, Grant was voted manager of the year, but i am a realist it aint going to happen and we aint going nowhere under the current set up. Lets just wait and see who is right it wont take long. To finish i will be positive when i find something to be positive about and a 1-0 gallant defeat does not do it for me, sorry.[/quote]

Oh Lord!  You are Knightmare on the wrestling forums aren''t you?

I recognise the spelling.

It is euphoria.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Fanstastic. A new registration just to post that. Were you at the game? And who told you to celebrate the defeat?

[/quote]

Tim Allman:

Firstly, thats not a nice way to welcome new posters is it matey?, so stop being so damn arrogant please. You were a new registration once yourself, savvy?.

Secondly, read Headbangers post properly, he''s spot on. The way some posters are reacting to our Cup defeat does indeed seem like they are celebrating.

And in that context, he''s perfectly correct.[:)]