Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

Here we go

Here we go a gallant defeat against Man City reserves suddenly all is well according to some people on here, Well i dont impress so easy i and still want to see how we perform in the next three games to see if there is an improvement after all is said and done its another defeat without scoring an away goal againt according to Merson on sky a very bad Man City team.

Yeah, the next three games are massive for us and that''s what really matters. It''s a waste of time if we go back to a Wolves-type performance in league games after playing well in a cup match.

(By the way, I think you''re being a bit harsh - it wasn''t far off Norwich reserves either...)

Well that is tbh completely wrong.Merson was wrong, Man City were not very bad, in any respect other than that they were not flattening us.  We played very well and had chances to score.Neither you nor Merson were there and Man City were not so massively depleated as to be a reserve team.It was a very good preformance by US - 7.5/10Not conceeding and a willingness to shoot would have had us up even higher.

as you say its the league that matters but although it wasn''t a first choice man city it was a still a very good side, they had a strike force costing £15m, 2 england u21 internationals, a brazilian international winger, their captain(dunne), and an england international as well as a few very highly rated young players

[quote user="ricky knight"]Here we go a gallant defeat against Man City reserves suddenly all is well according to some people on here, Well i dont impress so easy i and still want to see how we perform in the next three games to see if there is an improvement after all is said and done its another defeat without scoring an away goal againt according to Merson on sky a very bad Man City team.[/quote]

Merson must be right then....Did our makeshift side make them look bad? Considering the situation it was a valliant effort tonight!

Poor PG.....if we had of won it would only be because it was against Man City reserves!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]Here we go a gallant defeat against Man City reserves suddenly all is well according to some people on here, Well i dont impress so easy i and still want to see how we perform in the next three games to see if there is an improvement after all is said and done its another defeat without scoring an away goal againt according to Merson on sky a very bad Man City team.[/quote]

Hey bud, i think you make a very fair point. I mean how many false dawns have we had. We win a couple and then lose four.

Its all about the next three games

Ahh, but wouldn''t you agree Ricky that we largely played our reserve players due to enforced changes..? Our ''reserves'' therefore kept a superior quality reserve team (they play their games in the Premiership Reserves League dontcha''no..?!) fairly quiet for 89 mins, losing only in the final minute. Remember also, this was still a competitive game, which is a step up from a specific Reserve level game.This also comes after what I think you''ll agree has been unanimously condemed as a performance from Hell against Wolves. No corner has been turned until progress is evident and results pick up, I''ll grant you (excuse the pun), but surely not being hammered as expected is a decent improvement on whats gone on before is a good start?

Ricky, what were you looking for from tonight''s game to give you hope that a corner may be being turned..? Performance..? Result..? Attitude..?

Confidence is earned through good performances as well as results, I happen to think that tonights performance could go a long way to reclaiming and earning some confidence that has clearlty been missing this season.

If nothing else, at least we, and hopefully Grant, know that in Spillane and Jarvis we have decent prospects for the future.

I was not looking for anything as i expected us to get beat, ok a good performance i might concede but looking at the big picture this current team is not good enough, as a club we are going backwards, Grant is not the man for the job, the board are past their sell by date and one performance in a cup most premier teams dont give a rats about will not change my thinking.

Were you there 7Rew? I managed to grab a few tickets as well but didn''t spot you...Anyways... It was indeed a good performance, and it was mostly our reserves as well against some "big money" signings for Man City - Samaras alone cost about 6 times more than our own strike force tonight! We held out well, Doc defended and more importantly led from the back (I know, it shocked me too) and it was only really Man City''s good use of width that troubled us - until, that is, the ball through the middle that opened us up.It''s easy for the usual crowd to leap upon everyone praising Norwich tonight, pleading calm cos "we haven''t turned the corner yet." But then, these are the same people who cry and bleat when we lose.... it''s as if some people can''t be pleased, God forbid..... [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Were you there 7Rew? I managed to grab a few tickets as well but didn''t spot you...

Anyways... It was indeed a good performance, and it was mostly our reserves as well against some "big money" signings for Man City - Samaras alone cost about 6 times more than our own strike force tonight! We held out well, Doc defended and more importantly led from the back (I know, it shocked me too) and it was only really Man City''s good use of width that troubled us - until, that is, the ball through the middle that opened us up.

It''s easy for the usual crowd to leap upon everyone praising Norwich tonight, pleading calm cos "we haven''t turned the corner yet." But then, these are the same people who cry and bleat when we lose.... it''s as if some people can''t be pleased, God forbid..... [;)]
[/quote]

It was an irrelevance....and we lost to Man City reserves.....

And we have turned the corner....heading due south.....rapidly. Bleating is left to the apologists...as the realists just say it how it is.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Were you there 7Rew? I managed to grab a few tickets as well but didn''t spot you...

Anyways... It was indeed a good performance, and it was mostly our reserves as well against some "big money" signings for Man City - Samaras alone cost about 6 times more than our own strike force tonight! We held out well, Doc defended and more importantly led from the back (I know, it shocked me too) and it was only really Man City''s good use of width that troubled us - until, that is, the ball through the middle that opened us up.

It''s easy for the usual crowd to leap upon everyone praising Norwich tonight, pleading calm cos "we haven''t turned the corner yet." But then, these are the same people who cry and bleat when we lose.... it''s as if some people can''t be pleased, God forbid..... [;)]
[/quote]

And we have turned the corner....heading due south.....rapidly. Bleating is left to the apologists...as the realists just say it how it is.

[/quote]

Iam sorry but it was not a irrelevance or as some claim a corner turned but what we did gain

was

Ian murry getting his chance in the centre of defence and playing a blinder vs a 15 million strike force maybe he can be the man to steady the doc and help build his confidence something he is lacking in big time

spilane and rossi finaly getting a chance and on the performance staking a claim for a start on sunday

what we have lacked this season is passion and pride and both of them have it in buckets

Fact - we played rather well last night. At the weekend we were awful. So can people not be pleased to see an improvement? This Man City team were not bad and we should have beaten them with a little more luck, it''s a damn site better than getting trashed and totally out played (or am I missing something?).

I agree. Why for once cant some people accept that we played well. I too hope it isnt a false dawn and that performance can be replicated in the league . Last night might just be the kick start we need. Lets hope so

whilst i am heartened by last night''s performance , we still didn''t score, didn''t keep a clean sheet and the result has to be taken into context regarding the team fielded by the opposition and their commitment to the Carling Cup.

On the plus side it gave Spillane and Rossi a decent runout and options for Saturday.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Were you there 7Rew? I managed to grab a few tickets as well but didn''t spot you...Anyways... It was indeed a good performance, and it was mostly our reserves as well against some "big money" signings for Man City - Samaras alone cost about 6 times more than our own strike force tonight! We held out well, Doc defended and more importantly led from the back (I know, it shocked me too) and it was only really Man City''s good use of width that troubled us - until, that is, the ball through the middle that opened us up.It''s easy for the usual crowd to leap upon everyone praising Norwich tonight, pleading calm cos "we haven''t turned the corner yet." But then, these are the same people who cry and bleat when we lose.... it''s as if some people can''t be pleased, God forbid..... [;)][/quote]

[/quote]We moan even when we play well. Cluck, you are about as much of a fan as a broken windmill.

it was theyre reserve team to the person who said it wasnt because only stephen ireland n one other retained their place from weekend meaning 9 of them arent 1st team regularls

saying this they were obv squad players and not a bad reserve team lol

i said to on here the other day you wont get thrashed n may force extra time although cant see you losing

lucky guess that was, obv good performance by the lads but no point in doing it as underdogs in carling cup you need them to do it constently in the league starting from sat

good luck for sat

Cluck, you conveniently ignore the fact that it was pretty much a Norwich reserve side too.

Still, don''t let them darned facts get in the way of a good rant about "the apologists".

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]whilst i am heartened by last night''s performance , we still didn''t score, didn''t keep a clean sheet and the result has to be taken into context regarding the team fielded by the opposition and their commitment to the Carling Cup.[/quote]The reason we didn''t keep a clean sheet was probably Doc''s injury, but the lack of sharpness in front of goal is a real concern. An injured Huckerby is not the answer.The big worry is that the players switch back to cruise mode. Last night showed that we DO have good enough players and a very good team - even Doc was good enough to keep out a high-class attack for almost 90 minutes - so the problem is all in the heads of the players. It''s a cliche that the team is more important than the individual players, but when they are prepared to work for each other the result is very impressive. It''s this team ethic that''s been missing and we need to get it back.

It was a good performance, what we need now is consistency. 

I for one will admit to jumping off the deep end earlier this week, hard not to after saturdays debacle.  But as we all know we are not awash with cash, whatever we do has to be carefully considered.  IMO Grant has earnt himself a stay of execution for at least 3/4 games. 

I am gonna give the board a break for a bit to because it seems that the finance side of the club isn''t being run too badly (its f.complicated though, there is another thread that might as well be written in dutch).

This isn''t blind optimism.  We forget that it is still early days.  I am going to show a bit of restraint and patience.  1st December I reckon the questions will have answers.

Agree, it was a second rate poor Man City team that can''t score at the best of times. This doesn''t inspire me greatly. Then again, i''m still bitter having travelled to Wolves last week and experienced the most ridiculous display of c**p i''ve ever seen in yellow and green. I was a pro, and 90 minutes of embarrisment switched me to negative... and it''ll take more than a 1-0 defeat against an over performing Manchester City team in a one off cup game to repair my views.

[quote user="we8wba"]

it was theyre reserve team to the person who said it wasnt because only stephen ireland n one other retained their place from weekend meaning 9 of them arent 1st team regularls

saying this they were obv squad players and not a bad reserve team lol

i said to on here the other day you wont get thrashed n may force extra time although cant see you losing

lucky guess that was, obv good performance by the lads but no point in doing it as underdogs in carling cup you need them to do it constently in the league starting from sat

good luck for sat

[/quote]twas me who said they weren''t a reserve team:With:Ireland, Dunne, Bianchi, Geovanni playing who are first team regulars in a rotation system and also Ohuna, Sun Jihai and Samaras who played alot last season.Yes EM I was there - I was in the front row due to getting random seats. :(

Sorry, Bianchi hasn''t scored for Man city before... my bad. Oh and geovanni, he didn''t score against Man u either. Meh....

Dont waste your fingers.  Cluck is not interested in discussing player performances or anything positive, he and several others (including the guy prancing around in a boxing ring who''s name escapes me) refuse to see anything positive about anything.

[quote user="Paul101"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Iam sorry but it was not a irrelevance or as some claim a corner turned but what we did gain

was

Ian murry getting his chance in the centre of defence and playing a blinder vs a 15 million strike force maybe he can be the man to steady the doc and help build his confidence something he is lacking in big time

spilane and rossi finaly getting a chance and on the performance staking a claim for a start on sunday

what we have lacked this season is passion and pride and both of them have it in buckets

[/quote]

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We moan even when we play well. Cluck, you are about as much of a fan as a broken windmill.
[/quote]

Nice one mate .Best one-liner of the week amongst all the doom & gloom  - and so true!

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We moan even when we play well. Cluck, you are about as much of a fan as a broken windmill.
[/quote]

The "Chelsea Kiddies Party" syndrome strikes again.......Why does the Board need to bother with such fine turnips growing in the fields?

[quote user="CID"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice one mate .Best one-liner of the week amongst all the doom & gloom  - and so true!

[/quote]

You really dont get it do you? WE LOST AGAIN. The team we put out  lastnight is as good as what you might call our best team. IMO that is how badly the team on a whole has fallen. Players like Brellier Big Dave ect ect are no better than what we had in reserve last year. Look at the bigger picture. Man city would of battered us if they played theremain team and if we played our first 11. Time will tell, the Clucks and Rickys saw it years ago but you so called fans just cant seem to see it, maybe because half of you dont go, i mean if you did surely you would see the dross we call a team on the pitch and agree its not exceptable?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Time will tell, the Clucks and Rickys saw it years ago but you so called fans just cant seem to see it, maybe because half of you dont go, i mean if you did surely you would see the dross we call a team on the pitch and agree its not exceptable?

[/quote]Gotta love this one - on this thread and about this match you are arguing against those that went last night. Also Cluck is the most regular of attendees this season.btw do you mean acceptable, or are you making a complicated pun about playing well being the exception?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

but you so called fans just cant seem to see it, maybe because half of you dont go, i mean if you did surely you would see the dross we call a team on the pitch and agree its not exceptable?

[/quote]

But I thought that you  hadn''t been this season Arthur and Smudger is the first to admit he stopped going last season which leaves Cluck, not sure if he has been this season or not but perhaps he''ll enlighten us.

Im so sorry I completely forgot we are supposed to be rubbish my bad.

Of course man city are doomed to get the lowest points total ever in

the premiership and their players are actually all worth nothing of

course. Oh yes and that bloke dublin i am sooooo glad he is suspended

he is always a liability at the back, at least now we can have our first choice back 4. We have to beat

teams like man city away to stay in the championship IT IS IMPERITIVE

we get 3pts away from home against teams like them as they will be proping up this league! We need some soul searching after such a spinless performance after so many good ones.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Time will tell, the Clucks and Rickys saw it years ago but you so called fans just cant seem to see it, maybe because half of you dont go, i mean if you did surely you would see the dross we call a team on the pitch and agree its not exceptable?

[/quote]

Gotta love this one - on this thread and about this match you are arguing against those that went last night. Also Cluck is the most regular of attendees this season.

btw do you mean acceptable, or are you making a complicated pun about playing well being the exception?
[/quote]

im asking people to be realistic. How about giving people with spelling problems a break or is this what you do when backed in a corner.......bullying i believe its called unfortantly i find it rather amusing that you have to revert to such.