Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Cheeeseboaard! and his ilk

Have you got a really annoying neighbour at the ground?  Someone you sit in front of, or behind, or next to season after season, and in your lowest moments realise that this is going to continue until one of you dies?

I used to sit in front of a bloke who, week in week out and no matter how well or badly we were playing, would wait for a quiet moment and then bellow in my ear "SUNDAY LEAGUE!!!"  After about 18 months it really started to get to me.  It''s the one and only compensation for giving up my season ticket.

Then there are the ones who appear to have the alcohol tolerance of a navvy but the bladder capacity of a gnat, five minutes into the game they squeeze past everyone then five minutes later they''re back, then if you''re lucky it''s all quiet till the half hour mark and off they go again.  Etc. etc.  Bring back the rolled up newspaper . . .

ahahahahaha

thats hillarious

y the * did he shout ''SUNDAYLEAGUE'' at u! LOL

and will anybody explain to me about this cheeseboard bloke... who is he, is he still their and y the hell did he shout cheeseboard at everyone...

ino seen it before ... read 3 apges and got bored so left a comment, in which no-one has explained why he shouts cheeseboard for or if hes still their and still does it ...?

I have two lovely men either side of me Pete lol.

The people I stand with (sorry, we don''t sit at the top row of the Barclay) are great. I am new up there but they have all made me very welcome. Great bunch and lots of chance to take the proverbial out of the away support.

I used to sit just behind the Canary Fairy, not that was annoying!

haha!

Me and my bro''s all have seats in a line, I''m one end, but the dude on the other end is utter comedy.

Every 2 minutes he flings his arms out and starts chanting "Jamie, Jamie, Jamie Cure-ret-ton" - trouble is he flings his arms out horizontally and not vertically, effectively smacking two of my brothers in the face, if it wasn''t for the fact they (quite comedically) duck out the way. The guy is completely oblivious, even to the laughter he causes every time he does it.

Also - having sung his chant he then looks at one of the brothers giving a "don''t you agree/waiting for a response" look at them. It''s all a bit bizarre!

I sit in front of a guy who would give Victor Medrew a run for his money, he moans moans moans at everything. Sometimes justified but even when we are playing well he cant resist a dig if someone misplaces a pass.  Then he shouts out (by himself, I might add)  BOOOOOOOOOOOO at random points in the game.   I have nearly lost my temper with him and just felt like turning round and saying will you just give it rest (thats the polite version).   He is one of these people who always tries to talk to everyone around him but no-one answers and just tries to ignore him.

With him and the football we get subjected to, I do sometimes wonder if it is at all worth it.

Oi!.

I''m backing the weak bladder guy, I can identify with him. Its not funny and I''ve missed several goals at the Rudd through it!. But no doubt you''ll take the p*ss now.

Hey, perhaps it was me which caused the relocation.

Yippee!.[;)]