Sign in to follow this  
All dots

Time to face a few hard facts

[quote user="BigFish"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Old Salt, as you seem to accept that Portsmouth have the potential for 40k crowds, can i ask what you think the difference is in catchment area/potential between the two clubs and why we apparently have no potential, yet they have plenty? I think you might find the only major difference is one of outlook......[/quote]

Possibly Mr Carrow, but to get 40k crowds we would need to invest in the ground and look where a obsession with bricks and mortar has got us so far! [;)]

[/quote]

Quite Bigfish, but the Prem is where the real money is and when we got there we made little real effort to stay (which admittedly i supported at the time) and when we came back down made absolutely no realistic effort to get back to it. That extra money was earmarked for infrastructure from day 1 in my opinion and then when the board realised they could sell our big names with little fan opposition they decided to add that to the pot too. It`s all made another big pay-day an unlikely fantasy and the saddest thing is they didn`t even try.

I`m sure Pompey will be financing their new ground comfortably with their yearly tv revenue and had we been ambitious enough to try to get into that position ourselves i would have no opposition to seeing a portion of that income used on a second tier on the City stand. Ain`t gonna happen though is it? The board sold our dream for a couple of plots of land, an infill, ticket office etc.