Sign in to follow this  
Bogbrush

Last night's match was dire..............

........ with both sides so poor that the commenator for Sky Sports said several times during and after the match that there were only lowlights to reprt on ! Now, I don''t know how accurate that is because it seems in complete contrast to the reports in the Pink Un and on the NCFC websites. Who actually went last night and what was your take on the City performance ? Was it dire ? It does sound as though Spillane and Jarvis perfomed well for Grant - a bit like MaClaren stumbling on a successful team only because of injuries to otherwise permanent fixtures such as Rooney and Lampard

It would certainly appear that sky sports commentators don''t know there donkeys from their upper arm joints.It was a good match, both teams played well and it was even.

[quote user="7rew"]It would certainly appear that sky sports commentators don''t know there donkeys from their upper arm joints.

It was a good match, both teams played well and it was even.
[/quote]

Sorry, I should have said Talksport commentator. Seriously, he was reporting from the ground and spoke really disparagingly of both sides.

I was really encouraged by last nights performance. Only gettin to matches in the north I have been reading the posts with regards previous posts with dread. My kids were warned in advance not to be too upset if we got hammered but I feel we played well and i was pleasantly surprised. Didnt feel we were outclassed , n i know it wasnt svens first team but then neither was ours

With all due respect....I recall some people stating that we were good value when we got tonked by Chelsea last season. Standards have dropped with regards to our teams performances and anything above awful is viewed as "good"....

Remember also that for bigger clubs like Man City such games are little more than a run out.....and games they would rather avoid.

No great store can be gained by either ours or their performance as it would have been treated like a slightly competitive "friendly" against a minnow.

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon"]........ with both sides so poor that the commenator for Sky Sports said several times during and after the match that there were only lowlights to reprt on ! Now, I don''t know how accurate that is because it seems in complete contrast to the reports in the Pink Un and on the NCFC websites. Who actually went last night and what was your take on the City performance ? Was it dire ? It does sound as though Spillane and Jarvis perfomed well for Grant - a bit like MaClaren stumbling on a successful team only because of injuries to otherwise permanent fixtures such as Rooney and Lampard[/quote]

Strange because my hubby was watching Sky Sports and they were singing our praises and said we were the better team!!

Plus I was there and I know we were the better team [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon"]........ with both sides so poor that the commenator for Sky Sports said several times during and after the match that there were only lowlights to reprt on ! Now, I don''t know how accurate that is because it seems in complete contrast to the reports in the Pink Un and on the NCFC websites. Who actually went last night and what was your take on the City performance ? Was it dire ? It does sound as though Spillane and Jarvis perfomed well for Grant - a bit like MaClaren stumbling on a successful team only because of injuries to otherwise permanent fixtures such as Rooney and Lampard[/quote]

Strange because my hubby was watching Sky Sports and they were singing our praises and said we were the better team!!

[/quote]

Sky also said Man City had 9 changes from the fulham and that they were dire, so dont get too excited.

And sky know less about football than you do Mr Knight, which while being an impressive feat, means that very little if no account should be given to their views.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

If you read my second post above ........ pls pay attention !

well sir they know more than you, you are blinded by faith. sky say the match was dire it must be wrong it does not tally with your blinkered view, you are right about everything sir in your opinion. Lets get one thing straight we all love NCFC we all want whats best but burying your head in the sand when things clearly are not right is ridiculous.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I was there too CA and I thought we played well and I enjoyed it. However I was also at Wolves which was worse than dire, worse even than Kieran Dyer! But I was also at Charlton and I quite enjoyed that, we played quite well there too. But the thing is we didn''t score a goal at any of them. Oh for a goal!

If you enjoyed it thats all that matters because it was your money you spent to go. I certainly don''t care what people saw or heard on the wireless, why should that matter to any of us that went. I tried watching it on the wireless when I cant go and to be honest I had no idea what was happening. But maybe the picture was blurred looking through someone elses tinted specs [8-|]

Good that you still enjoyed it without Hucks, could be we have to start getting used to it.

[quote user="Old Salt"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Baron Salt? Old Bludgeon?? You are confusing me [*-)][8-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Old Salt"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Baron Salt? Old Bludgeon?? You are confusing me [*-)][8-)]

[/quote]Explains quite a lot from on the other thread, hahaha. How sad.

i thought norwich played quite well against us mcfc they passed the ball about quite well and defended well alright it was man citys reserves but we still had bianchi dunne

giovani samaras ireland playing i was at the game and there was good support from norwich fans for a tuesday game good luck for the rest of the season

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was there too CA and I thought we played well and I enjoyed it. However I was also at Wolves which was worse than dire, worse even than Kieran Dyer! But I was also at Charlton and I quite enjoyed that, we played quite well there too. But the thing is we didn''t score a goal at any of them. Oh for a goal!

If you enjoyed it thats all that matters because it was your money you spent to go. I certainly don''t care what people saw or heard on the wireless, why should that matter to any of us that went. I tried watching it on the wireless when I cant go and to be honest I had no idea what was happening. But maybe the picture was blurred looking through someone elses tinted specs [8-|]

Good that you still enjoyed it without Hucks, could be we have to start getting used to it.[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it too Nigel and yes I''ll live without Hucks, players come and go but I''ll still be around.

Was not there but listened to on the radioThe most entertaining game I have listened to in a long long time !The negativity is getting tiresome !

[quote user="ricky knight"]Sky also said Man City had 9 changes from the fulham and that they were dire, so dont get too excited.[/quote]

But we had six first team players unavailable too (and they had a £6m striker up front) but then that conveniently never gets mentioned does it?

I listened to it on the radio too and like Sven I was out of my chair on at least three occasions: once to go for a piss & twice to fetch lagers, which is no mean feat considering that I live in a four-storey house - the fridge where the beers live is in the kitchen on the first floor, whilst the upstairs toilet is located on the second floor - the balcony room where I listen to the radio is on the fourth floor, so one can see how much travelling is involved - at times I think it would be quicker and easier to attend both home & away matches, but hell no; there''s no professional football ground in the country where one can drink, smoke, swear and scratch ones arse in complete privacy whilst taking a match in.

And by Christ it''s cheap..

Cluck

You''re right about these games being a run out. WHU left alot of players out last night and the atmosphere was weird. 

It was a game that the club could have done without.

the thing that I don''t get is - there were at least 6 players, who were arguably playing for their place in the team/squad. If that was me, I''d be busting a gut, to impress the manager. Not these guys, they wanted to stroll around, looking the business. It happens at alot of levels of the game, why?  

Plymouth fans, (2,000 of them), hopefully had a good night out. They were a credit to the club and made alot of noise.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Sky also said Man City had 9 changes from the fulham and that they were dire, so dont get too excited.

[/quote]No, whatever you do don''t get excited, or have some fun, or be positive in any way, ....ever. just don''t

[quote user="ricky knight"]OK here is something positive, i am positive if Grant was gone we would be better off. How''s that.[/quote]Possibly. But financial and team stability wise would we?