Sign in to follow this  
burn down the ipswich

Saleable Asset

In light of Doncaster''s recent statement, can anyone name a saleable asset? shackell maybe, possibly cureton but these two would be lucky to get a million. anyone else think that theres no point trying to stay afloat by selling? we havent got any players worth any money!

[quote user="burn down the ipswich"]In light of Doncaster''s recent statement, can anyone name a saleable asset? shackell maybe, possibly cureton but these two would be lucky to get a million. anyone else think that theres no point trying to stay afloat by selling? we havent got any players worth any money![/quote]

Yes the big one. What would the ground sell for for development, with their 50%+ stake?.  

I fear we are preparing for DIV 1 thats not a flippant comment, if we have to sell some of the junk we have now and replace them even cheaper, god help us please Delia go take your  clowns with you and get McMuppet to drive you.

Chris Martin.. he was scouted by Premiership clubs last season and if they remember him we could still upsell him to them

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Chris Martin.. he was scouted by Premiership clubs last season and if they remember him we could still upsell him to them

[/quote]

chris martin looked good on sat when came on, thing is who will sign him for big bucks if he cant get a regular place in this poor team given current affairs? i would say your only saleable assetts are your youngsters and theyre not been given a fair crack at it yet

seems silly to me you signed marshall 750k-1m and you have joe lewis who looked good vs us in carling cup, surely his potential was picked up before, sometimes it helps throw your keeper in deep end i.e wolves got matt murray n wayne hennessey doing this! seems silly when there were half decent freebees such as neil alexander as well as you signing gilks

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

On current form no premiership team would want him, If he cant get into our team they wont want him.

I was thinking about this earlier and we no longer have an earnshaw or ashton in the squad to sell should we need to raise a few million quid.  We have to go with what we have, no extra cash for new players now or in January. If we had the money for a loan player he would be here by now wouldnt he, I mean its not difficult to find a centre back who is better then what we already have, we are skint and that is why we wont be getting anyone in. 

The only solution I can think of is for me to win the lottery on friday AND saturday and buy the club.

Houston, we have a problem.....................

i dont mind buying marshall because he is a good keeper and will always be first choice, but the signing of matt gilks was pointless. yes it did mean that lewis could go on loan but why not just get a sub keeper from a prem club on loan for a season? it doesnt make sense to me.

Dont think many of the big clubs will be willing to break the bank for Chrissy Martin, May be a championship club........... His value at this moment in time must be £500,000 to £750,000 Maxium, that aint going to keep the wolves from the door

[quote user="burn down the ipswich"]i dont mind buying marshall because he is a good keeper and will always be first choice, but the signing of matt gilks was pointless. yes it did mean that lewis could go on loan but why not just get a sub keeper from a prem club on loan for a season? it doesnt make sense to me.[/quote]

Gilks is likely to have been a cheaper option than loaning a premiership keeper (see Grant''s comments on loan wages for prem players + loan fees). Gliks was a feebie, and would have been on a comparatively low wage at Rochdale, so nothing lost with signing him.

Interesting point as to whether we needed to sign Marshall. Gilks could have been first choice whilst Lewis went on loan with back-up from the likes of Alexander. Would have left a nice amount of cash for a CD.

When you think about it the only asset NCFC has is now concrete. That''s how far we have fallen as a FOOTBALL club, our FOOTBALL assets in FOOTBALL terms are just about worthless.

The future looks very bleak. Fingers crossed Grant can keep us up.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

In the Annual Report players are described as "intangible fixed assets".

At the end of last season our "intangible fixed assets" were valued at £3,540,425.

I''m not sure how helpful this is, as I''m not clear whether it relates to how much we paid for them, how much the club thinks they could sell them for, or something else.