Sign in to follow this  
Darlo dumplin’

A horror story unfolds - fact or fiction?

7 games played, shots on target - for 16 against 31, shots off target - for 35 against 38, corners -  for 25 against 72 !!!! (yep 72 corners conceded). Add into that mix the need to go to penalties against Rochdale,  and what do you see in your crystal balls my friends, promotion or relegation? 

A horror story indeed. I am staggered about these stats. That means we are averaging just over two shots on target per game. Assuming a generous conversion ratio of 50%, that means on average we need to keep a clean sheet to get three points. How likley is this at present, especially as the opposition is averaging over four shots on target per game?

But it will all be ok if we can just bring in a centrehalf [:|] Or so we have been repeatedly told.

The problem is being unable to pass the ball through midfield, being unable to keep posession of the football for long enough to put pressure oin the opposition. I''m sure that Fotheringham would have made some difference in this and I havent got a clue what Jimmy Smith could do because I have never seen him. It''s been pointed out to me that we havent replaced Safri and although I wasn''t his biggest fan I believe it to be true. Maybe either of the two players who are injured could have replaced him but they are injured and we have done nothing to replace THEM.

Now all I read about is loaning a centreback. All the names under the sun, some really good players who would cost fortunes. But I still don''t believe that should be a priority. We have Doherty, Shackell, Dublin and Murray  thats 4 players for 2 places, for sure they could be improved upon but any combination of those four would not be the worst pairing in this league. But we have no ball playing midfield player and haven''t had since August 18th. Surely this is the purpose of the emergency loan system and surely having no fit passing midfield player is an emergency. 5 weeks have passed and there has been no sign of this being addressed.

I have no idea who to "blame" for this. Is it the board or Grant? How would I know. What I do know is that it''s not a case of there not being anything out there better than what we have. Because we have nothing! Nobody!! And Fotheringham is not due back until Nov/Dec so we have nobody for the next couple months unless Jimmy Smith gets fit and can do that job.

[quote user="Darlo dumplin’"]7 games played, shots on target - for 16 against 31, shots off target - for 35 against 38, corners -  for 25 against 72 !!!! (yep 72 corners conceded). Add into that mix the need to go to penalties against Rochdale,  and what do you see in your crystal balls my friends, promotion or relegation? [/quote

But in the League only nine goals conceded I think.  Which may or  may not say something about the people with their 31 shots on target and their 72 gained corners.

Talking about dumplings they are far better in the Czech Republic and much less thick than anything known in England.   It''s something that you (and Delia) can''t do.  Ask Dave the Striker.  He''ll know.

I think there are a number of things people have to take into consideration before predicting the outcome of Norwich City''s season. For a start it''s a new look team that perhaps PG has yet to work out what the strongest 11 is and how to play to our strengths at this early stage of the season. Also with the departing of Etuhu and Safri we have found ourself with two new CM''s who haven''t played with each other before and perhaps still need time to understand each others strengths and weaknesses in order to form a good partnership, likewise with our front men. So many of our players have been underperforming this season and luck hasn''t exactly been on our side with all these injuries and red cards, hopefully if the players like Huckerby, Cureton, Brellier can hit form like we know they can then we will see a completely different Norwich City performace to what were used to from recent weeks. Also like Nigel said were still waiting on Smith and Fozzy who IMO could prove to be very valuable assets for us this season.

The way I see it is were only 7 games in and to truely have a good understanding of what kind of season it''s going to be for Norwich you have to wait untill december time to have a good idea of what we can and can''t do this season. Were at the start of a marthon not a sprint and to put it into context we sit 20th in the league and only 4 points of the bottom and 4 points of the playoff places. IF we get back to back wins at home to Wednesday and Scunthorpe it turns our season on it''s head.

Dumplings are rather tasty in Belgium and Austria as well. In fact, all cafe, taverna or restaurant food that I have tasted on my travels abroad, has been far superior to the microwaved muck you are invariably served in this country.

So much for the idea that its just bad luck. Any team that conceeds 72 corners in 7 games is obviously under pressure for long periods.

Add to that, 16 shots on target and 31 against us and it quickly becomes apparant that this team is relegation fodder.

Wake up and smell the coffee folks or we will be League 1 bound.

i have said for a long time the whole team is not defending well not just the Doc or back four, we are crap as a unit as for an attacking unit, say no more but you must blame the management team imo. 

Sorry to bring this 1 back but todays performance had some alarming consistency - it wasn''t a one-off it started at Preston and there is no sign of it changing - unless Grant goes we are doomed.  Some big people have to admit that appointning him was a mistake - and the sooner they do it the better the chance that we might survive.