Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free bet this weekend .

Now you lovely old pickers . Here we are nice and early ready to win the Academy some money .I believe we will start to get those wins as we pick those teams in form , before  long it will start to become easy . This week its 5 results we are looking for , it should not be to hard to achieve as there will be probably 30 home wins in the football leagues ,England & Scotland . So whos luck is in ? Who wants the final pick ? Who wants to enter the Pickers hall of fame ? For all time as the 1st winner . Yes it will be slim returns  this week but a win is a win . So who is on form ? That Mac P is on a hot run of form , he is coming with a wet sail and showing a lot of toe .That other picker who has a 100% record who ever it is has 4 out of 4 , i am not sure if we can count on him this week.Billy Dixon was telling me that he has punters indeed a group of punters that regularly stake £100 on accumulators on the football , he also has a group that stakes 1k on football doubles and Dixmar Racing stands them all they don''t "lay them off" i said "goodness me " he said "yep ray you  have to have a deep pocket , i nearly said and a strong heart . So come on you fans who love your club this is your chance to help your club and it won''t cost you a penny thanks to Dixmar Racing , Remember if your team doesn''t win it does''t matter as long as you city fans are having fun thats whats important to me . I must say i was a bit disappointed that the young " Leeds canary" didn''t come back on .I know your selection didn''t win but remember there is no finger pointing on the free bet thread .So if you see this please come back on . Talk to you all later [Y] .arrdee.   

Now then Arrdee, old boy - I''ve been waiting for this all week! Just arrived back from a 3 week trip to Spain, so thats why I couldn''t have another go! Good to see I was missed though. I''ll have a good looksie at the fixtures and post my selection on Friday.

Nice to be referred to as young too, keep up the good work arrdee, and dixmar racing.

Leedscanary

Right this weeks banker

leeds beat gillingham away - 4/5

leeds as you all know 100% this season, i can see it slipping up in future weeks but not this week, they beaten tranmere swansea forest etc...

gills lost to forest poorly last week without much of a fight and i believe they are in bad form

i see it as a deffo banker n them being away 4/5 looks value as well

Now you lovely old Pickers , remember the cut off point is fri at midnight , we are only looking for 5 results this week so who wants the first win ? .There is a match in Scotland  this sat that i can''t wait to see the result , i won''t say any more i don''t want to influence anyone . Now Nutty i can understand your reluctance to talk to me i would be almost the same after my behaviour  last week when i let all you Pickers down by staying out late  and not starting the thread , perhaps talented one it was because i was pleased that i felt well enough to go out ,   but lets hope it won ''t happen again . arrdee.

I''''l pick my most local team this week:Manchester United to beat Birmingham away.  Man U will be looking to salve some pride after wednesday.

Bolton to win away at Derby.

Even after a poor start to the season, Bolton should outclass Derby and condem them to a very difficult position at the foot of the Premiership.

Leedscanary

Now you lovely old Pickers .I haven''t been wearing sackcloth & ashes really , i must some clean (pun) as i don''t think i can get anymore mileage out of it. I can''t resist it , you would think i would know better at my age but i am young at heart with a warped sense of humour [:D]Sorrrrrrry !!!!!!!.

Now who is up to make the final selections ? we have quite a lot picked already ,but keep them coming , this week i feel we can beat Dixmar Racing ,Come on you City fans lets do it for the club we all love.[:D] arrdee.

I really fancy CARDIFF to win away at Barnsley this weekend I know Barnsley have been playing well but they always seem to concede plenty of goals against Fowler and Hasselbaink they may struggle, also Cardiff had a good win the other night in the cup.

I''ve got it wrong a couple of times recently so this is a bit of a gamble but it caught my eye straight away on the fixture list.

Arrdee!!

I am never reluctant to talk to you, don''t you ever think that! But again I have taken my eye off the ball, I have been busy and my brief appearances on this board have been over petty arguments in petty threads rather than concentrating on this very important one. I have many questions for you, you have been teasing us with the real identity of Truthsama Bin Hidin for a start. And I need you to go tell "Layer Road Larry" why Barry Butler was the greatest centreback we ever had. How Crawford and Phillips would have got no change from him! And I want to know more about this beef you went to eat and the famous sausages. I am pleased you felt well enough to go out but I am concerned that you may not have.

Anyway......

Sheffield United V Southampton        Home Win if I''m not too late.

I won''t volunteer to make the selections this week but will have a go next week if thats ok.

if no one has chosen i would go for

leeds to beat gillingham

manutd to beat brum

hartlepool to beat walsall

watford to beat blackpool

portsmouth to beat reading

you watch these 5 role in mate

Now you lovely old pickers , the bet is on .Sorry we8wba i did wait till after midnight but there was no more selections . This week i am taking no prisoners i am going for 5 homes, we8wba & City Angel cancelled each other out which means those that picked away wins will have to miss out .Sorry this is the worst part of making the final selection .Mac P the picker in hot form yours was a early kick off which i hate doing because if they go down the other pickers have nothing to look forward to at 3 0 clock mind you its great if they win but i feel the risk is too great sorry Mac.The other one i liked and would have put in if we were doing 6 this week was Mystic Megsons  selection in fact i took it with me this morning to the office just in case something went wrong eh blah3 our 5 this week are,

Burnley-------------------5-4----------blah3

Hartlepool----------------4-6----------G Jim

Portsmouth---------------5-6----------Shack Attack

Sheff Utd-----------------10-11-------Nutty Nigel

Watford------------------8-13--------Canary 90

Which pays the Academy £212-01p a lot better than i thought .Now are you all looking forward to 3 0 clock ? I am looking forward to 5-15 when i can see my beloved team play as well . Good luck all .Talented one i will answer your questions later .Once again good  luck all .arrdee 

Oh by the way i forgot to tell you the Scottish match i was on about was Stanranraer v Elgin.    Strans record at home is p 3 w 3 f 6 a 0  Elgin away record is p3 w 0 f 0 a 9  Now there is no way that Stranranraer can''t win that match ,on less some of the players have been got at . well anyway its on my line at odds of 1-2. Another team on my line is Shrewsbury Billy Dixon said "I knew you would do that one ray what a ridiculous price 5-6 " Anyway lets wish our selves the best of luck . Now are you City fans getting excited as the kick off draws near ? and more important are you fans having fun on the free bet thread ? Nothing but the best for you city fans you are part of my beloved club.[:D] arrdee.

thats alright i would only got 3/5 this week, the bloke called leeds draw i think   - good prediction

[quote user="we8wba"]thats alright i would only got 3/5 this week, the bloke called leeds draw i think   - good prediction[/quote]

No it was City Angel , Diane seems to know more about football than any of us . but i have told you this in the past . I remember her telling me things about the City at the Fat Cat . You are spot on City Angel .Well done .arrdee.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Arrdee!!

I am never reluctant to talk to you, don''t you ever think that! But again I have taken my eye off the ball, I have been busy and my brief appearances on this board have been over petty arguments in petty threads rather than concentrating on this very important one. I have many questions for you, you have been teasing us with the real identity of Truthsama Bin Hidin for a start. And I need you to go tell "Layer Road Larry" why Barry Butler was the greatest centreback we ever had. How Crawford and Phillips would have got no change from him! And I want to know more about this beef you went to eat and the famous sausages. I am pleased you felt well enough to go out but I am concerned that you may not have.

Anyway......

Sheffield United V Southampton        Home Win if I''m not too late.

I won''t volunteer to make the selections this week but will have a go next week if thats ok.

[/quote]

I  Know you are never relutant to talk to me Nutty .I think i over done it with the sackcloth & ashes act i played but i can''t help it i am afraid There is something wrong with me , . is it my warped sense of humour? or is it as Rude old had me as eccentric . He maybe right . Now Nutty you asked me for the name that every one is looking for .Well no  they aint, you are the only one who has  any interest  in who the truthspeaker is .I have his name his telephone number ,and it will be a weight going off my mind to think that someone will have his name apart from me. As no one is interested i will E-Mail it to you Nutty . In fact i will land it in your lap to do with as you want . Now with regards to our beef , there is no way on this earth that you will enjoy steer meat , that is reserved for the top table . But our customers  enjoy it every week as we produce our own . never mind our famous sausages . Now we have not got endless meat and we don''t advertise but i can find a few places for you posters . Now Jas the B K ,get that car  out of the garage as i owe you big time , remember that question i asked,  you were the first one in with the answer ,so you have some free pork and apple sausages and also i think your little daughter can eat some chiperlatoes now , she will grow up straight and good with arrdees pure meat ,so come and help yourself ,remember the answer jas? T Back is a Thong  .arrdee.

Well i know you would want to talk to me . M