Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Huckerby Left Out

GRANT OUT

No injury i''m sure, Grant trying to prove whos boss.

Lets all back HUCKS, GRANT OUT...

before the club falls aprt completely.

GRANT OUT

May be at last the guys coming to his senses,

Huckerby has done a great job for the team - just like Worthy did.

Huckerby was instrumental in our promotion season - just like Worthy was.

Huckerby improved a good side and added belief - Just like worthy did

Worthy stayed about just a little to long - ...................................!!

If it is the case that there is a falling out, IMO there should only ever be one winner in a stand-off between a club and a player...and that is certainly NOT the player - unless you want complete anarchy. 

It could be a disciplinary thing imposed from on high.

Or maybe he''s genuinely being rested?  We''ve been told he''s carrying a groin/hip problem, and playing 120 minutes in his first game back wasn''t exactly what the doctor ordered.  I hope so, I''d rather he was fit for Saturday.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

May be at last the guys coming to his senses,

Huckerby has done a great job for the team - just like Worthy did.

Huckerby was instrumental in our promotion season - just like Worthy was.

Huckerby improved a good side and added belief - Just like worthy did

Worthy stayed about just a little to long - ...................................!!

[/quote]

How dare you? Although i do see where you''re coming from

that old chesnut hes injured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if hucks goes then grant and the board will be for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 points....

1st - The league is far more important than the cup, better he is flying on all cylinders for saturday...

2nd - Sends out a powerful message that no one is bigger than the club.  Good on PG if this is disciplinary, his comments (although fairly accurate) were bang out of line and should have been kept behind closed doors.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

2 points....

1st - The league is far more important than the cup, better he is flying on all cylinders for saturday...

2nd - Sends out a powerful message that no one is bigger than the club.  Good on PG if this is disciplinary, his comments (although fairly accurate) were bang out of line and should have been kept behind closed doors.

[/quote]

What, just like Grunt keeps his behind closed doors.

It makes sense, we have got 3 games in the space of 7 days, Huckerby still doesn''t look 100% fit anyway from what I have seen, so why not rest him untill the two key games against Wednesday and Scunthorpe, you look into things too much.

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="jimmy500"]

2 points....

[/quote]

[/quote]

He is the manager. As much as I love Hucks and everything he stands for, a player simply can''t be seen to be more in authority than the manager, even if it is true. [;)]  

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="jimmy500"]

2 points....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Grant is the boss, Huckerby is not, that is the point.......

Huckerby out..............

0-0 at Manchester with Norwich applying the pressure

The worst team hux has played in appear to be doing rather well without him!

We could call it the Thierry Henry syndrome, when the absence of the star player allows everyone to relax.  Certainly sounds like the case tonight, although I am listening on the Radio.

Lets also be fair, fantastic player that he is Huckerby does seem in danger of disappearing up his own arse.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

We could call it the Thierry Henry syndrome, when the absence of the star player allows everyone to relax.  Certainly sounds like the case tonight, although I am listening on the Radio.

Lets also be fair, fantastic player that he is Huckerby does seem in danger of disappearing up his own arse.

[/quote]

We must be on the same wavelength mate, just started a post on this subject myself before reading this. I feel Hux is in danger of losing his golden balls if he continues with his petulent behaviour. You never see Dublin slagging off his team mates.

I think Hucks s injured but if not i would suggest he''s not been left out for comments about the team but more his flippant comment about the next big game being sheff wed as we''re not gonna win the cup - that is not the attitude we need when we''re playing in the cup

it was an angry moment! Please forgive me

I heard the news, saw the keyboard and went for it without breath!!!

Good performance tonight, and perhaps i was over sceptical over Huckerby, it jsut seems like a Grantlike thing to do in my opinion.

I''m not going to get carried away with 1 result though, we need to perform when it matters in the league, and if we dont get 4/6 points and perform well then i''m afraid Grant wont be getting any sympathy. It was about time the youngsters got a chance, but it was hardly PG''s decision. If we had Brellier and co available theyd have played and i''m sure wew''d have ended up losing by more than 1.

Heres hoping that saturday Grant sticks with the same side (maybe leave Hucks on the bench if fit!!! - see, i am sensible, and not obsessed with hucks), and they come away with the points. Grant didnt really have any decisions to make tonight, if has more ,players available saturday, then he needs to make the right decisions and keep the faith with the youngsters.

Not Grant Out yet, i always said he has got to get 6 points minimum from the next 3 league games, dont jusge me by my knee jerk reaction earlier!!!

(I''ll be having words with you VOTTA, lost the plot? - How very dare you!!)

i doubt they sell hucks as thats the last straw for your supporters really,

i remember when graham taylor dropped steve bull n subbed him, he got booted out soley for that as the bloke was complete ledgend, i think you lot hold hucks in same sort of opinion as he seems to be able to walk on ice with you lot

i do feel his outburst on sat was wrong although he was right with his comments, surely that cant help the board, players etc... if you got hucks saying theyre rubbish when what excatly has he done in the wolves game?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]do you need an x-ray for a turned ankle ?  Does cartilage show ?[/quote]I don''t believe it does, but I''m sure that the club will subject him to unecessary cancer causing radiation just to satisfy First Warnock.

[quote user="we8wba"]

i doubt they sell hucks as thats the last straw for your supporters really,

i remember when graham taylor dropped steve bull n subbed him, he got booted out soley for that as the bloke was complete ledgend, i think you lot hold hucks in same sort of opinion as he seems to be able to walk on ice with you lot

i do feel his outburst on sat was wrong although he was right with his comments, surely that cant help the board, players etc... if you got hucks saying theyre rubbish when what excatly has he done in the wolves game?

[/quote]Not with me mate, good player, not great and certainly causes problems when he''s played (he causes problems for both teams) We''ve definitely had better, Mark Bowen, now that was a player!!!

[quote user="tommy"]that old chesnut hes injured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if hucks goes then grant and the board will be for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

would they? every goal and win we have got this season has occured WITHOUT Darren Huckerby playing a part (apart from being subbed vs Palace).. as soon as he is fit we change the shape of the team to accomodate him and thats when we lose goals and lose games.. we played very well last night... and where was Hucks? in the stands...

Perhaps it is time for him to become a bit part player...

Winning games is more important than trying to fit Darren Huckerby into the side... his place is not guarenteed... and nor should it be.... if we win games without him in the side then why should he waltz straight back into the side? if a selection of players is winning then u stick with them until something forces your hand... if that means Hucks gets splinters up his backside from sitting on the bench (or being left out completely...) so be it....

Winning is what counts.. if we win without Darren Huckerby then it matters little how good he is.. we dont change th side to accomodate him and break up a winning formula.. he waits his chance as anyone else would.

jas :)

Hucks'' mysterious injury, reminds me of a classic Fawlty Towers episode entitled The Anniversary. Basil has upset Sybil by pretending to forget their wedding anniversary as he has organised a surprise party. She storms off in a huff just as the guests are arriving. Basil tells the guests that Sybil is ill in bed and manages to persuade Polly to put on a wig and pose as Sybil, because the guests want to see Sybil. There then follows a hilarious scene where there is a misunderstanding between Basil and Polly as to what is in fact wrong with "Sybil". Polly (as Sybil) says it''s her eyes, but Basil mishears and thinks she says thighs and so the farce goes on. Let''s hope the official spokesperson for the club can distinguish Huckerby''s thighs from his eyes.