Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

NCISA where are you when we need you?

a true fan is someone who follows their team in the GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD be it sitting at home or shouting from the back of the barclay

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Kathy, thanks for the reply but my original post was made to point out that there are much deeper issues at stake here than who the current manager is or who we should play at left-back. The club have made a £5.5million CLEAR PROFIT on selling players over two financial years when they have received £12million in parachute payments. This despite promising that all transfer money received is put back into the team. In the light of this the decline on the pitch is hardly a suprise- nor that many people are totally losing faith with the board. This is not prudence. It is wilful capitulation as a competetive football club to pay for unneccessary trivialities off the pitch.

Why has this been allowed to happen? We are now clearly back to the Chase days of bricks and mortar and off-pitch extravagencies being the priority ahead of having a competetive team. Can i ask if NCISA, as our representatives, will raise these issues as a matter of extreme urgency with our board?

[/quote]

Kathy, i sincerely hope that NCISA will raise these vital issues with the board. A public statement would be welcome? I tend to think that if NCISA cannot or will not stand up to the board on the deeper problems at the club then the criticism being dished out is justified.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Kathy, thanks for the reply but my original post was made to point out that there are much deeper issues at stake here than who the current manager is or who we should play at left-back. The club have made a £5.5million CLEAR PROFIT on selling players over two financial years when they have received £12million in parachute payments. This despite promising that all transfer money received is put back into the team. In the light of this the decline on the pitch is hardly a suprise- nor that many people are totally losing faith with the board. This is not prudence. It is wilful capitulation as a competetive football club to pay for unneccessary trivialities off the pitch.

Why has this been allowed to happen? We are now clearly back to the Chase days of bricks and mortar and off-pitch extravagencies being the priority ahead of having a competetive team. Can i ask if NCISA, as our representatives, will raise these issues as a matter of extreme urgency with our board?

[/quote]

Kathy, i sincerely hope that NCISA will raise these vital issues with the board. A public statement would be welcome? I tend to think that if NCISA cannot or will not stand up to the board on the deeper problems at the club then the criticism being dished out is justified.

[/quote]

For example, wy were they spending over 1 million on a road out the back (is it a motoway?) at the same time as announcing their was no money available to bring in new players.

YH

[quote user="mystic megson"]

With respect Kathy you have not addressed the issue, which is to challenge the board about the way they are running the club.  That extends far beyond who the manager happens to be.  I despair.

For the record I wrote to Neil Doncaster way back in December 2005 asking him to explain why our squad was the joint smallest in the Championship (along with, ahem, Leeds) despite the parachute money, and therefore stood little chance of competing for a place in the top six.  He responded promptly, as he always does, but spent three pages explaining that I had got my facts wrong and taking umbrage at my suggestion that the board had not provided sufficient backing.  I wrote back and he replied stating that he did not think there was any point continuing the discussion. (At least we agreed about something!)  He is able to bat back enquiries from individual supporters all day long.  It achieves precisely nothing.

[/quote] Yes, have to agree on that one Mystic. So someone responds to your points, but then decides the discussion isn''t worth pursueing after you ask yet again for clarification on certain issues. On the face of it, it shows to the world in general the club is "listening" to the fans. But I fear that most of our views go in one ear and out the other. A bit like politians really.

From my own understanding of NCISA, as in all groups, there are some members for and against most arguments. I am sure there are some in NCISA who have questioned the club''s ambition, and others who think the club is doing well at all levels. This week''s column on the home page being a case in point.

I see a statement of sorts has been made today mostly banging on about the manager/team performance. NCISA, this is completely missing the point.

Have a look at the posts on this board-you will find as many are concerned with the wasting of the parachute payments (off the pitch), big profits in the transfer market year-on-year when we are promised that "all transfer income is re-invested in the team", a run-up of expensive debt in this period spent on a new infill, a road, offices, new ticket office, yet more land etc.

The issues at the club are much deeper and bigger than who the manager happens to be. Grant has just lost £5.5million of talent and £2.2million (from latest annual report) has been spent on replacements and yet we can`t afford decent cover at centre half?! What manager could be expected to perform miracles under such restraints?

If NCISA cannot or will not address the real issues at the club and continue to play the boards game of deflecting criticism on to whatever poor mug they`ve installed as manager, i would have to conclude that they are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

I joined NCISA along with my son in their first year of being.

No wonder we both left the following year.................far too many ''Yes Men'' for our liking!.

If you look at the statement in the paper this morning you will find that it is a copy of the one I put on here a few days ago, appearing at a different time in a different place, it isnt ''a statement of sorts that has been made today''. I know that you all care very deeply about this issue and so do I but with respect I do have a life outside football a full time job and as much I would like to,  I cant come on here every five minutes answering individual posts about NCISA''s stance on behalf of NCISA. The previous post was written after consultation and it would be way out of order for me to come on here as NCISA and comment further off my own back. For what its worth my own personal opinion is that I agree with you and I am very concerned what direction the football club is taking. We are crying out for investment to put us on on a level playing field with the challenging teams in this division.

I will post on here regarding NCISA and the board in the fullness of time and would appreciate your patience in this matter.

i for one think NCISA have done the right thing backing Grant...

the board on the other hand... well.. as Kathy says thats a matter for another time...

Smith out!

jas :)

SMITH OUT ????????? how can people say that, are they mad, or do they have a spare few million burning a hole in their back pockets to hand over to N C F C. Delia and her hubby saved this club from Mr Chase, do we want him back ? i dont think soso who would come in ?do we want to be the next Hearts ? ok it went well to start for them but look at them now a top club falling a[art coz their chaiman wants to signe players and pick the team and gets rid of any manager that gets in his wayso unless there is a fan of this club with a few mill to spare then shut up or put up and get behind the team when they need you the mostps i belive NCISA are doing a great job, after all they have to be a voice for the majority of their members not the few that have a mad moment and put in on a message boardso come on, sing it loud and sing it clear ON THE BALL CITY   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy, as a relatively outspoken critic of the club on the Official Message Board I have to agree that the sentiments demonstrated on here are reflected across the spectrum of Canary fans.

On that board similar criticisms have been addressed at the Supporters Consultative Group (which actually shares members with NCISA) and their role, and I see that on here questions have been raised of the Trust as well. So it is not just "have a go" at NCISA.

The common theme is that fans are increasingly getting concerned at the way the club is being run, and are looking for the media or supporters groups to voice those concerns whenever they can. It is that this is not apparent that has led to increasingly vociferous criticism of those bodies (media, NCISA, SCG etc) as well.

As has been put forward on here everyone on these committees is a volunteer but that works both ways in that you give up your time, but you take on a responsibility. You have to be prepared to fulfil both for whatever reason you stood in the first place.

I personally feel that Roger Munby is played out, Neil Doncaster does a reasonable job but needs guidance, Delia and Michael have played at running the club, and I am frustrated that the Turners remain good on talk but nothing much delivered.

I gather there are plans to increase revenues, but any businesman on the outside can tell them that there isn''t an easy solution as they tinker with ticket prices and use of facilities.

The financial situation is disasterous given our recent time in the Premiership and the subsequent revenues.  It has gone on staff of all descriptions and that is a recipe for disaster that many businesses learnt about in the 1980''s.  Family silver has been sold off to plug gaps and that can only be done for so long, and we are not given any idea from the custodians of the club as to what they plan for the future. 

The fans are worried, all we ask is that those in a position to express our worries, do so at every opportunity.

[quote user="Kathy"]

If you look at the statement in the paper this morning you will find that it is a copy of the one I put on here a few days ago, appearing at a different time in a different place, it isnt ''a statement of sorts that has been made today''. I know that you all care very deeply about this issue and so do I but with respect I do have a life outside football a full time job and as much I would like to,  I cant come on here every five minutes answering individual posts about NCISA''s stance on behalf of NCISA. The previous post was written after consultation and it would be way out of order for me to come on here as NCISA and comment further off my own back. For what its worth my own personal opinion is that I agree with you and I am very concerned what direction the football club is taking. We are crying out for investment to put us on on a level playing field with the challenging teams in this division.

I will post on here regarding NCISA and the board in the fullness of time and would appreciate your patience in this matter.

[/quote]

Kathy, thanks for your replies. I regret that this thread does look like hectoring on a personal level- it`s more out of frustration than anything else. I know that NCISA are as passionate supporters as any but i would just urge you and your fellows to look through the threads on here and other message boards and really take on board the deeper issues concerning supporters. At the end of the day NCISA have more clout with the club than any of us do.

If you want an example of the kind of "economical with the truth" mentality which seems prevalent in the Carrow Rd. boardroom have a look at my thread "Wages-don`t be mislead" and see what you think. And in the midst of all this financial doom-mongering it is apparent from the latest accounts that the club have taken another loan to pay for.........an office development! Thanks for your time.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]

Kathy, thanks for your replies. I regret that this thread does look like hectoring on a personal level- it`s more out of frustration than anything else. I know that NCISA are as passionate supporters as any but i would just urge you and your fellows to look through the threads on here and other message boards and really take on board the deeper issues concerning supporters. At the end of the day NCISA have more clout with the club than any of us do.

If you want an example of the kind of "economical with the truth" mentality which seems prevalent in the Carrow Rd. boardroom have a look at my thread "Wages-don`t be mislead" and see what you think. And in the midst of all this financial doom-mongering it is apparent from the latest accounts that the club have taken another loan to pay for.........an office development! Thanks for your time.

[/quote]

You have my word that this issue is top of our list of priorities and that we do take up fans concerns with the board.

I think that a lot of credit is due to Kathy who has attempted to address the concerns of everyone on this thread, and done so in a calm and measured manner.  It can be easy to forget that you''re dealing with other people through this medium, I think you''ve handled the criticism and concerns very well.  Even if people don''t agree with the associations'' position, they should appreciate your efforts here.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely Mr.Carrow... spot on!!!

In Kathy''s words "the NCISA will get off their ass and do something about it if we are in the BOTTOM SIX at Christmas" and they say they have the best interests of the club and it''s supporters at heart???

SHOCKING!!!

It is this kind of attitude that see''s NCFC where it is today... something needed to be done last season and during the summer.... NCISA and others that have backed this baord have left it far too late already... it is because of them that we will see ourselves slide in to a REAL RELEGATION BATTLE over the coming months... one that we may not have enough to escape from this season!!!

Sorry Kathy... it''s nothing personal but I am disgusted by NCISA''s stance on this matter!!!  [:@]

[quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]

Seems to me that the NCISA are trying to buy time as you see now the dicontant amoungst the fans. I take it what your really hoping for is a couple of good results going our way and for all this to be forgotten. It would be interesting to see your stance if it doesnt pan out like that. You should really keep buisness and pleasure seperate, that was One of Delias many flaws when we were under Worthington.

These days, NCISA is just too damn close to the club, don''t they still meet at the ground?...................if that is the case, so much for the independence bit!.

For the record we meet at the Blyth Jex school.

Wizard, Arthur, Smudger et al - as you seem to be experts on supporters groups, what they should be called, what they should do, what they should say, who they should talk to, whether or not they should go to matches, whether or not they should want City to win, where they should meet etc, why dont you set up your own supporters group? I wish you the best of luck. You will need it.

Oh, and you would have to use your real names. Oh dear.

I apologise for coming back on the Pink Un board (the official board is still having computer problems) and getting bogged down in NCISA discussions, but having missed so many of these old threads, I have been reading through old postings and find this Board appears to be NCISA''s own forum at times, with thread after thread containing references to them.

One point I am still intrigued on is the way they are very quick to answer some points but equally quick to toally ignore others. It would appear that they still have over 400 paid up members although many presumably joined on the back of the St Andrews meeting, which makes them quite important on the local scene of City fans.

However rightly or wrongly there remains questions over their transparency (Rossi posting in support of NCISA members without admitting he''s on the committee - Truthseekers allegations never refuted from what I read), whether they agree on matters (various threads looking back over statements and views) or what their remit should be.

Back in the 60''s 70''s and 80''s the old Norwich City Supporters Association was clear that it was there as a grouping of fans that raised money for the club - boring but straightforward.

What is NCISA for?  and then is that what the members think, and what the fans want?

Maybe their next committee meting would be a good opportunity to discuss what they really are all about.

Since its formation in 1995 NCISA has held roughly 150 monthly committee meetings and not one has ever been held at Carrow road.The cost to hire a venue like St Andrews Hall was £400 when the WORTHINGTON sit -u -ashun was discussed and less than 10 people joined NCISA that evening so our current membership was not built of the back of that meeting as has been suggested.If NCISA was to call another public meeting this time to debate and discuss issues surrounding the board i ask one simple question of our critics on this message board.Would you all come along and join in the evening or continue to put the world to rights from the comfort of your armchairs with your laptop doing the talking.?NCISA acts first and foremost on behalf of its members so if you non members do not like the way we operate come and join us because democracy will rule the day.WIZARD please explain what you mean by NCISA is "too damn close to the club"but before you do make sure that your facts are correct.

[quote user="tilly"] Since its formation in 1995 NCISA has held roughly 150 monthly committee meetings and not one has ever been held at Carrow road.
The cost to hire a venue like St Andrews Hall was £400 when the WORTHINGTON sit -u -ashun was discussed and less than 10 people joined NCISA that evening so our current membership was not built of the back of that meeting as has been suggested.
If NCISA was to call another public meeting this time to debate and discuss issues surrounding the board i ask one simple question of our critics on this message board.Would you all come along and join in the evening or continue to put the world to rights from the comfort of your armchairs with your laptop doing the talking.?
NCISA acts first and foremost on behalf of its members so if you non members do not like the way we operate come and join us because democracy will rule the day.
WIZARD please explain what you mean by NCISA is "too damn close to the club"but before you do make sure that your facts are correct.
[/quote]

Tilly... I attended the meeting at St Andrews Hall... and sat there laughing all the way through it as something should of been done far, far sooner!!!

As for if another meeting was called to get rid of those in the boardroom who are destroying this club of ours... I would be glad to attend.

Please do not paint a picture of other people when you do not have a clue of the lengths they are prepared to go to in order to bring about change when things are clearly going wrong.

I am not a fan of the NICSA but would gladly sit down with you to discuss the matter.

The name is Mark Smith... PM me and I will tell you of things that were said by MWJ''s this evening that will blow your socks off!!!

You are far too comfortable with the club and far too late in opposing the club when they are clearly getting things wrong!!!

[quote user="tilly"] Since its formation in 1995 NCISA has held roughly 150 monthly committee meetings and not one has ever been held at Carrow road.
The cost to hire a venue like St Andrews Hall was £400 when the WORTHINGTON sit -u -ashun was discussed and less than 10 people joined NCISA that evening so our current membership was not built of the back of that meeting as has been suggested.
If NCISA was to call another public meeting this time to debate and discuss issues surrounding the board i ask one simple question of our critics on this message board.Would you all come along and join in the evening or continue to put the world to rights from the comfort of your armchairs with your laptop doing the talking.?
NCISA acts first and foremost on behalf of its members so if you non members do not like the way we operate come and join us because democracy will rule the day.
WIZARD please explain what you mean by NCISA is "too damn close to the club"but before you do make sure that your facts are correct.
[/quote] Tilly I for one would come along to any meeting you held to discuss the future (and of more concern, the present) of our club. Someone has to do it - and as you are the biggest supporter group available to us maybe your organisation could hold a similar one to the Worthington debate. How many of us (both on here and fans in general) would have to attend to make this meeting cost effective for NCISA?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="tilly"] Since its formation in 1995 NCISA has held roughly 150 monthly committee meetings and not one has ever been held at Carrow road.
[/quote] Tilly I for one would come along to any meeting you held to discuss the future (and of more concern, the present) of our club. Someone has to do it - and as you are the biggest supporter group available to us maybe your organisation could hold a similar one to the Worthington debate. How many of us (both on here and fans in general) would have to attend to make this meeting cost effective for NCISA?[/quote]

One of the best questions I have heard you ask on here Gazza.

I would attend and pay them for the entertainment... wouldn''t want to join them though because as I have state dabove they are far too close to the club...

THIS MEETING SHOULD OF BEEN CALLED LAST SEASON!!!!

Well Mark Smith, I look forward to you enlightening us all either via this messageboard or the local media (radio, TV, EDP) by Monday evening with the DETAIL of this ...''blow your socks off'' information! Should that fail to happen I will conclude that, as usual, it''s a load of hot air.

I am no fan of Smith and have been a critic of her probably long before you jumped on the bandwagon but there is one thing mouthing off along the lines of ...''sell up, sack Smith, sack NCISA, sack Grant'' and sack anyone else who you seem to dislike but lets see what actual plans you have to improve the situation.

You want Smith to ''sell up'' - fine, so do I but to absolutely anyone? Do you have a 100% genuine Norwich / football fan in mind then who you know has the funds and the willingness to take over?

Sack the Board - OK, again who are your new board of directors and what are there qualifications for the role?       

As for your rabid anti NCISA view I find it distatesful and that''s putting it mildly.  If you care so much about the club you woud have either joined NCISA and fought for a more radical stance or, failing that would have set up your own rival organisation. I assume you have done neither. What exactly are you suggesting NCISA should do? Every time we lose or play badly whatever the circumstances I suppose they shoud go on radio or TV and scream for a new manager, £m''s to be wasted on player transfers / wages or for the directors to be strung up from the batlements of Norwich castle!''

''You laughed all the way through the St Andrews Hall meeting'' - well bully for you. That meeting pulled the board up in it''s tracks. They were positive that only a ''dozen or so would turn up'' (their words) - 400+ did and I thought the meeting was very well organised and democratic. That showed the support that can be wiped upin times of adversity and it was NCISA that did it. At the time they took a hell of a lot of stick from some people for doing so as well! 

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Well Mark Smith, I look forward to you enlightening us all either via this messageboard or the local media (radio, TV, EDP) by Monday evening with the DETAIL of this ...''blow your socks off'' information! Should that fail to happen I will conclude that, as usual, it''s a load of hot air.

I am no fan of Smith and have been a critic of her probably long before you jumped on the bandwagon but there is one thing mouthing off along the lines of ...''sell up, sack Smith, sack NCISA, sack Grant'' and sack anyone else who you seem to dislike but lets see what actual plans you have to improve the situation.

You want Smith to ''sell up'' - fine, so do I but to absolutely anyone? Do you have a 100% genuine Norwich / football fan in mind then who you know has the funds and the willingness to take over?

Sack the Board - OK, again who are your new board of directors and what are there qualifications for the role?       

As for your rabid anti NCISA view I find it distatesful and that''s putting it mildly.  If you care so much about the club you woud have either joined NCISA and fought for a more radical stance or, failing that would have set up your own rival organisation. I assume you have done neither. What exactly are you suggesting NCISA should do? Every time we lose or play badly whatever the circumstances I suppose they shoud go on radio or TV and scream for a new manager, £m''s to be wasted on player transfers / wages or for the directors to be strung up from the batlements of Norwich castle!''

''You laughed all the way through the St Andrews Hall meeting'' - well bully for you. That meeting pulled the board up in it''s tracks. They were positive that only a ''dozen or so would turn up'' (their words) - 400+ did and I thought the meeting was very well organised and democratic. That showed the support that can be wiped upin times of adversity and it was NCISA that did it. At the time they took a hell of a lot of stick from some people for doing so as well! 

[/quote]

and that is what you can''t take isn''t it???  A little bit of stick!!!

Why did you not challenge the board over sacking Worthy sooner?

It is clearly seen by all now that you should have challenged the board over this far earlier.

Your willinbgness to suck up to all the authorities and the club itself means that you never act soon enough... and that is why so many see you as an absolute joke!!!

Any other club of our size in the country and our board of directors would of stumped up some reasonable cash for team strengthening or they would of been long gone by now.

You are not prepared to act until Christamas, when action should of taken place last season.

This club is heading in one direction and one direction only... and yourself and the other memebers of NICSA, plus the vast majority of other City fans have stood by this board for the last two and a half years while they have ripped the heart out of our club!!!

[quote user="Kathy"]

Wizard, Arthur, Smudger et al - as you seem to be experts on supporters groups, what they should be called, what they should do, what they should say, who they should talk to, whether or not they should go to matches, whether or not they should want City to win, where they should meet etc, why dont you set up your own supporters group? I wish you the best of luck. You will need it.

[/quote]

Now that would be a grand idea! What would they call this new group? Answer on a postcard to.....

Tilly,  Again I was at the meeting at St Andrews and spoke.  I am not anonymous as I was one of  the Worthy Out rabble and know various posters on here, many more on the official board and have made my views known together with my nickname (Face :o) ) to the executives of the club.

My point is that we have an organisation that whether we or they like it is seen to represent fans, in doing so it is important that it is always there doing just that. It needs to talk to fans and it needs to talk to the club.  Now if some posters on here see that as cozy then they are wrong, as how the hell can it represent anything without talking?  Indeed where I differ with Truthseeker is that it needs to be close to the press as well.

To sympathise with Kathy I can see that it becomes damned if you do and damned if you don''t, which is why it needs to push itself forward and also decide what it stands for.  I now know how I can contact you or Kathy through this message board, but I bet the fifty people aroud me in the River End don''t know how to, and equally I bet most of them haven''t heard of you.

You say only 10 people joined out of the 500 at St Andrews, well if you didn''t take that as a bigger failure than losing 6 out of 7 league games you would appear to be from the Norwich City Directors school of thinking.  Why only 10 and what has changed as a result?

I will pm you with my real details and glady give you a few more thoughts, but as this started as a public debate, I felt I should answer publically.

[quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]

As an ex member of your ''yes'' group Kathy, my real name, no doubt, is within you past files, as it is with my current club membership at NCFC.

I have at times used my real name on here too!.................so your point is?.

And I have helped set up our own local supporters group which resulted in visits from Mr Munby and Mike Walker and a well attended forum with players...........so climb down off that high horse!.

Tilly:

This board is moderated.........so ergo......................

You say only 10 people joined out of the 500 at St Andrews, well if you didn''t take that as a bigger failure than losing 6 out of 7 league games you would appear to be from the Norwich City Directors school of thinking.  Why only 10 and what has changed as a result?

I will pm you with my real details and glady give you a few more thoughts, but as this started as a public debate, I felt I should answer publically

:o) The reason only ten joined was because we didnt offer memberships on the night. We considered the issue more important than using it as a membership drive. I think if we had done we would have got considerably more. Those who joined enquired later through the website. I will be pleased to receive PMs from you :o) and anyone else who wishes to.