Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

NCISA where are you when we need you?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Forgive my cynicism, whatever happened to Wayne thingy ?

[/quote]

I’m more concerned about the whereabouts of ‘The Grove Thirty’. They’ve been conspicuous by their absence for too long!

[/quote]

They lost on penalties to the Birmingham Six. 
[/quote]

I love it. I think its a classic case of when your arguement ilost cause you start the silly little posts....carry on boys.zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

I’m more concerned about the whereabouts of ‘The Grove Thirty’. They’ve been conspicuous by their absence for too long!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I love it. I think its a classic case of when your arguement ilost cause you start the silly little posts....carry on boys.zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[/quote]

For crying out loud Arthur, stop taking yourself so seriously.

I thought it was quite funny.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For crying out loud Arthur, stop taking yourself so seriously.

I thought it was quite funny.

[/quote]

Funny???????? I suppose it would be for a 5 year old. Its boring mate and just pointless. And its true what i said, you percy positives seem good at reverting to silly posts when things are not going your way. Any chance of debating NCFC instead of you lot getting paronoid and start suggesting me smudge and the likes are all the same person? And you think im taking it serious!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Funny???????? I suppose it would be for a 5 year old. Its boring mate and just pointless. And its true what i said, you percy positives seem good at reverting to silly posts when things are not going your way. Any chance of debating NCFC instead of you lot getting paronoid and start suggesting me smudge and the likes are all the same person? And you think im taking it serious!!

[/quote]

There you go Arthur, I''ve highlighted your problem for you. If you had bothered to read any of my recent posts you would know that I''m a long way from being a ''Percy Positive'' right now. Unfortunately you have seperated posters into two little camps because it makes things easy for you to understand.

Ultimately things are not going anybodys way at the moment, because last time I looked we were third from bottom. That''s more important to me than which of two imaginary groups has got the upper hand on an internet forum.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

There you go Arthur, I''ve highlighted your problem for you. If you had bothered to read any of my recent posts you would know that I''m a long way from being a ''Percy Positive'' right now. Unfortunately you have seperated posters into two little camps because it makes things easy for you to understand.

Ultimately things are not going anybodys way at the moment, because last time I looked we were third from bottom. That''s more important to me than which of two imaginary groups has got the upper hand on an internet forum.

[/quote]

hehehe Percy Positive!!!

What will your excuse be for not protesting against this board after yet another defeat tonight Shack???

You can stop arguing now, NCISA have spoken at last!!! [:O]

Their message in Saturday''s Pinkun column is . . .  wait for it . . .

KEEP THE FAITH! [:|]

I''m sorry, I know they''re a soft target but they don''t half ask for it . . .

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehehe Percy Positive!!!

What will your excuse be for not protesting against this board after yet another defeat tonight Shack???

[/quote]

Who said I was against protests Smudger?

Seems you''ve got the same problem as Arthur.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]I must confess I know very little about NCISA mystic but as an observer I wouldn''t expect anything else from a supporters association other than to support their team !! 

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehehe Percy Positive!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pointless posting again. You clearly have a problem too so we''ll just leave it shall we? I think its true to say there are diferent camps now and you know it just like me.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]I must confess I know very little about NCISA mystic but as an observer I wouldn''t expect anything else from a supporters association other than to support their team !! 

[/quote]

The expression "Keep the Faith" was invented by the cheerleaders in the PR department at Carrow Road.  It was then applied to one of the camps in the divisive Worthy Out saga last season, and has been like a red rag to a bull ever since.  I would expect to NCISA to know that.  Using it in the Pinkun column show either lack of awareness of the general mood or a desire to be deliberately provocative towards those who question the current regime. 

This thread began as a challenge to NCISA to demonstrate that they really are "Independent".  I''d say that on this evidence they''ve failed miserably.

[/quote]

As I''ve said before....if you need to stand behind such an organisation as NCISA to act for you you''re wasting your time. It''s basically an "appreciation society" such as those attached to Kylie Minogue and Basil Brush....and just as toothless.

Fine for folks who love pushing bits of paper around....but incapable of any real action or progessive action.

No offence meant by the way.......    

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehehe Percy Positive!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I haven''t sen you doing anything yet... all mouth and no action???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehehe Percy Positive!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pointless posting again. You clearly have a problem too so we''ll just leave it shall we? I think its true to say there are diferent camps now and you know it just like me.

[/quote]

Leave it arthur. Shack''s ''WON''. If thats how you want it put. He doesn''t have a problem, you classed him as a ''percy positive'' and he''s said he''s not. Pretty straight forward. Even for me

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehehe Percy Positive!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Leave it arthur. Shack''s ''WON''. If thats how you want it put. He doesn''t have a problem, you classed him as a ''percy positive'' and he''s said he''s not. Pretty straight forward. Even for me

[/quote]

"Shacks won", are you an immature so and so? My guess is your under 18? Now back on topic please.........

[quote user="Smudger"]

Well I haven''t sen you doing anything yet... all mouth and no action???

[/quote]

That might be something to do with the fact that - and correct me if I''m wrong about this - you don''t go to the ground and spend most of your time online hoping we''re going to lose.

Which sort of implies how much notice I take of you.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Right Arthur, I''ll try and explain this slowly then perhaps we can move on.

Do I support a change at board level - YES.

Do I think Delia is a closet Ipswich fan - NO.

Do I think that the board have spent money on off field activities to the detriment of the playing squad - YES.

Do I think that they genuinely thought that this would be an extra revenue stream that would help the club in the long run - YES.

So, looking at those answers Arthur what camp does it put me in? I''m no longer a season ticket holder (I gave that up at the start of last season due to family reasons as much as anything else) but I still go to my fair share of games. By doing that am I giving my support to the board or simply turning up to support my team when I can? Is it as simple as anybody who continues to turn up at CR is supporting the board and anybody who doesn''t wants change? What if I don''t want to be a Percy Positive or a Norris Negative?

It''s very rare that there are just two sides to a debate, a black and white if you will. There''s often a huge grey area in the middle. Take something a lot bigger and more global, such as the war in Iraq. Is it as simple as the likes of Bush and Blair would have you believe? Do we really believe that "you''re either with us or against us"? Or is there a huge grey area, where it''s possible to condemn the actions of the terrorists but also be critical of the responses by our country and the USA? Does questioning the actions of our government really make me an "apologist" or some such nonsense?

Put simply I think that you and I are probably just about on the same side now, we just choose to express ourselves in different ways. What we perhaps shouldn''t lose sight of is that this is just a place for people to express an opinion, what we write has little or no bearing on how our club is run. It is the results on the pitch which will ultimately decide whether change happens at either management or board level, not the ramblings of a few people who come on here when they''re bored at work.

P.S. In answer to Smudger''s question of what have I done, well I haven''t harassed one of our majority shareholders after a game if that''s what you mean. Perhaps he could let me have a list of the various initiation tasks I could do to gain entry into his gang.

"This thread began as a challenge to NCISA to demonstrate that they really are "Independent".  I''d say that on this evidence they''ve failed miserably".

MM, the trouble with throwing around words such as "independent" is that each of us thinks that we are exactly that - it''s everyone else who has an axe to grind!  The NCISA membership holds a variety of views - the Committee likewise.  That''s most likely the best way of keeping it independent.  The Committee takes responsibility for producing the column for the Pink Un each week - and takes turns in writing the column.  It is likely therefore that sometimes the views will appeal - and other times they won''t.

We also have to get the copy to the editor in time - which means that late developments don''t get reflected in the text.  I am the (un)lucky writer of this week''s column.  Will PG be the manager by the time it is published?  Who knows, but whatever I write is sure to be out of date in some respects - and to get up some readers noses in others.  One or two readers might see things as I do.....

Whatever your view - and all the other posters on this board - independence of opinion rests on being able to express it.  NCISA tries to act independently - and from the variety of opinions on its success, is most likely making a reasonable attempt.

On a totally different tack - there have been some unpleasant remarks on this board about the apparent age of some posters.  As one of the older posters, I welcome posts from some of the youngest.  There is - remarkably, considering the current state of the club - a passionate and committed following of young people who have every right to post their views here.  If you don''t like what they have to say, that''s fine - but don''t try and shut them up.  The club needs them!

[quote user="Old Yella Bird"]

"This thread began as a challenge to NCISA to demonstrate that they really are "Independent".  I''d say that on this evidence they''ve failed miserably".

MM, the trouble with throwing around words such as "independent" is that each of us thinks that we are exactly that - it''s everyone else who has an axe to grind!  The NCISA membership holds a variety of views - the Committee likewise.  That''s most likely the best way of keeping it independent.  The Committee takes responsibility for producing the column for the Pink Un each week - and takes turns in writing the column.  It is likely therefore that sometimes the views will appeal - and other times they won''t.

We also have to get the copy to the editor in time - which means that late developments don''t get reflected in the text.  I am the (un)lucky writer of this week''s column.  Will PG be the manager by the time it is published?  Who knows, but whatever I write is sure to be out of date in some respects - and to get up some readers noses in others.  One or two readers might see things as I do.....

Whatever your view - and all the other posters on this board - independence of opinion rests on being able to express it.  NCISA tries to act independently - and from the variety of opinions on its success, is most likely making a reasonable attempt.

On a totally different tack - there have been some unpleasant remarks on this board about the apparent age of some posters.  As one of the older posters, I welcome posts from some of the youngest.  There is - remarkably, considering the current state of the club - a passionate and committed following of young people who have every right to post their views here.  If you don''t like what they have to say, that''s fine - but don''t try and shut them up.  The club needs them!

[/quote]

Well from the ouside looking in it comes across as nothing more than appriecation club born from debacle of the chase era and nothing more than a pointless backslapping gang that has dodged the real issus. Ive yet to hear any statement from JT or KB with regards to the boards mismanagement of funds and severe lack of on field investment.

Old Yella I had no real problem with the content of last week''s column - it was the gratuituous and unnecessary use of "Keep The Faith" that got my goat.  I''ve explained the reasons for that and won''t bore you again. 

"Independence" to me denotes a mindset that does not swallow undigested everything (or indeed anything) that comes out of the boardroom.  It examines whether concepts like "Prudence with Ambition" actually mean anything.  NCISA was formed in the wake of the Chase debacle and you should know better than anyone that confining your attention to events on the pitch is not an option.

Having to write a weekly column in the Pinkun may not seem like a privilege to you, but it gives you a platform that is denied to those of us who have watched this shambolic mess coming over the horizon for two years or more.  We care about our club just as much as we do.

Old Yella I had no real problem with the content of last week''s column - it was the gratuituous and unnecessary use of "Keep The Faith" that got my goat.  I''ve explained the reasons for that and won''t bore you again. 

"Independence" to me denotes a mindset that does not swallow undigested everything (or indeed anything) that comes out of the boardroom.  It examines whether concepts like "Prudence with Ambition" actually mean anything.  NCISA was formed in the wake of the Chase debacle and you should know better than anyone that confining your attention to events on the pitch is not an option.

Having to write a weekly column in the Pinkun may not seem like a privilege to you, but it gives you a platform that is denied to those of us who have watched this shambolic mess coming over the horizon for two years or more.  We care about our club just as much as we do.

[/quote]

Mystic see your PM''s later this evening.

Would someone from the NCISA care to comment on what they have planned if anything ?? Even their loyalty must be stretched to the limit. Can''t they are least apply some pressure to find out when something is going to happen !!!

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

NCISA  ........I''ve never heard a single word of anything but unqualified praise for our oh so prudent but ambitious board. 

[/quote]

I have to agree to a certain extent but I wouldn''t describe the NCFC. board as being prudent when it has spent £7m+ on fixed assets that could have waited instead of getting the debt and the annual service costs reduced. Remember the comments that the survival of NCFC. was paramount?

[quote user="Lyds"]Would someone from the NCISA care to comment on what they have planned if anything ?? Even their loyalty must be stretched to the limit. Can''t they are least apply some pressure to find out when something is going to happen !!![/quote]

It`s quite ironic that it takes a bunch of MP`s to come out and pull no punches towards a regime which has failed the club, whilst the main supporters group stay silent-presumably like the board desperately hoping things will improve and take the heat off.

To be honest, having met a few of them over the years i would say that the problem isn`t a lack of decent motivation, but a lack of intelligence to back it up. Why have they not publically questioned the millions pumped into infrastructure over recent seasons when the team has declined on the pitch? Probably because the first they knew about it was reading posts on here....

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Old Yella Bird"]

[/quote]

Well from the ouside looking in it comes across as nothing more than appriecation club born from debacle of the chase era and nothing more than a pointless backslapping gang that has dodged the real issus. Ive yet to hear any statement from JT or KB with regards to the boards mismanagement of funds and severe lack of on field investment.

[/quote]

To be fair JT was extremely critical of the board when speaking to Neil Adams during Canary Call last week Arthur.... did you not here it???

NCISA should of called there members in for a meeting by now however (similar to the Worthy Out one at St Andrews Hall which also took place too late).

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

BTW., what is the position of the other supporter organisations, such as Capital Canaries and Northern Canaries?  NCISA. shouldn''t take all the flak!

[/quote]

Very well said Canary Nut.... why indeed should Capital Canaries avoid the criticism that has been aimed at NCISA???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

BTW., what is the position of the other supporter organisations, such as Capital Canaries and Northern Canaries?  NCISA. shouldn''t take all the flak!

[/quote]

Very well said Canary Nut.... why indeed should Capital Canaries avoid the criticism that has been aimed at NCISA???

[/quote]Smudger.I know very little about NCISA or indeed any other supporters groups, but, by inference, they are INDEPENDANT supporters organisations answerable to their membership to which I assume you don''t belong.  If that is the case and you wish to have a voice then I suggest that you join one (or all) of these organisations. If that doesn''t appeal to you then I suggest that you SHUT YOUR GOB !!

Why should these people speak up on your behalf when you can''t have the decency to join them and support them in their efforts. I''m afraid you come over as the typical dad who is there at the game ''''supporting'''' his 12 year old son, slagging off the ref,  his team-mates, his teachers, the opposition, anyone standing nearby and his poor wife when he gets home. No surprise the poor kid doesn''t want to go to school on Monday.

You slag off all things NCFC (the board, managers, the squad, past players, fans, supporters groups, and yet, you never attend matches and you still claim to be a supporter. Crap

By the way, born in Leicester weren''t you ?