Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

NCISA where are you when we need you?

Why don''t us fans just challenge the board each week?

NCISA are useless... made an utterly shambolic mess of getting rid of Worthy that turned in to a soap opera and are far too cosy with the club itself...

All fans that are unhappy shouls show it prior to the Sheff Weds game and each and every week thereafter until Delia & Co walk away from this club of OURS!!!

[quote user="C.T"]Pardon my ignorance but what is NCISA? Norwich city independent S A? How will they alone manage to challenge the board?[/quote]

What are they for if not to repesent the supporters?  They played a key role in the Chase campaign in 1995.  No one expects them to do it on their own, but we need leadership if anything is going to change.  What else would you suggest?  Or is it just a case of "Carry On Moaning"?

NCISA were quite happy to jump on the Worthy Out bandwagon but I''ve never heard a single word of anything but unqualified praise for our oh so prudent but ambitious board.  It makes me sick.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

If you really are "Independent" it''s time for you to challenge the board about the way they''re running the club.

[/quote]

They''re hastily trying to set fire to the flame retardant ''Le Juge'' flag at this moment in time.....and trying to seek out and gag the truthseeker (what the fluke is all that about, eh?) Then they''ve got some urgent business of denouncing any ''over- fraternisation'' with the NCFC board....As they''re ''independent'' don''t ya know.......And are the true voice of.........themselves, whatever.[:|] 

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[quote user="C.T"]Pardon my ignorance but what is NCISA? Norwich city independent S A? How will they alone manage to challenge the board?[/quote]

What are they for if not to repesent the supporters?  They played a key role in the Chase campaign in 1995.  No one expects them to do it on their own, but we need leadership if anything is going to change.  What else would you suggest?  Or is it just a case of "Carry On Moaning"?

NCISA were quite happy to jump on the Worthy Out bandwagon but I''ve never heard a single word of anything but unqualified praise for our oh so prudent but ambitious board.  It makes me sick.

[/quote]

I just wanted to know what the organisation was?

Ouch.

Why is it as soon as things go t**ts up at the football club you lot always have a go accusing us of being too cosy / not cosy enough (delete as necessary)? Its a good job we are there really to give you something to lash out at when the going gets tough. What you should remember is that its not just  a word made up of 5 letters that you are laying into, but a group of hard working, caring Norwich City fans who give up their own time to do what they think is best not only for the football club but for you supporters as well. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="mystic megson"]

If you really are "Independent" it''s time for you to challenge the board about the way they''re running the club.

[/quote]

They''re hastily trying to set fire to the flame retardant ''Le Juge'' flag at this moment in time.....and trying to seek out and gag the truthseeker (what the fluke is all that about, eh?) Then they''ve got some urgent business of denouncing any ''over- fraternisation'' with the NCFC board....As they''re ''independent'' don''t ya know.......And are the true voice of.........themselves, whatever.[:|] 

[/quote]

hehehe absolutely brilliant MELLO... post of the week mate!!!  [Y]

[quote user="C.T"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

I just wanted to know what the organisation was?

[/quote]

Point taken CT [Y]  The fact that as you a regular City fan don''t know what NCISA is speaks for itself.

[quote user="Kathy"]

Ouch.

Why is it as soon as things go t**ts up at the football club you lot always have a go accusing us of being too cosy / not cosy enough (delete as necessary)? Its a good job we are there really to give you something to lash out at when the going gets tough. What you should remember is that its not just  a word made up of 5 letters that you are laying into, but a group of hard working, caring Norwich City fans who give up their own time to do what they think is best not only for the football club but for you supporters as well. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

[/quote]

Why not try addressing the issue Kathy.  Things have been going t*ts up in the boardroom for the past three seasons or more and NCISA hasn''t said a word, quite the opposite in fact.  Why not? 

[quote user="Kathy"]

Ouch.

[/quote]

Sorry, but currently anything with ''Norwich City'' in it, is a legitimate target for us ''yellow eyed and frenzied, snarling teeth lantern wavin'', baying for blood and heads mounted on pikestaffs brigade''........Now, are you member''s of the independent ''not just five lettered thingy''s association'' gonna give the club hierarchy a good verbal lashing for us -  followed by chasing Darth Donkster outta this luvverly city with a pointy rod  - (like you wanna do with that ''truthseeker'' bloke).....Then we''ll all be terribly ashamed..... then awfully nice and sympathetic to you all at the INCA''s or whatever it is......for a bit, agreed?

Fore those of you familiar with Monty Python’s Life of Brian, NICSA are to all intents modelling their best endeavours on The People front of Judea and have about as much clout with the club.

Any change will come from significant pressure being brought upon the board of directors by large numbers of fans in just the same way as when Chase was forced out.

Sadly after the last three years I fear this will be the only way things will ever get better.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Kathy"]

Ouch.

[/quote]

Sorry, but currently anything with ''Norwich City'' in it, is a legitimate target for us ''yellow eyed and frenzied, snarling teeth lantern wavin'', baying for blood and heads mounted on pikestaffs brigade''........Now, are you member''s of the independent ''not just five lettered thingy''s association'' gonna give the club hierarchy a good verbal lashing for us -  followed by chasing Darth Donkster outta this luvverly city with a pointy rod  - (like you wanna do with that ''truthseeker'' bloke).....Then we''ll all be terribly ashamed..... then awfully nice and sympathetic to you all at the INCA''s or whatever it is......for a bit, agreed?

[/quote]

hoot, hoot... post of the wek number two MELLO!!! [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Kathy"]

Ouch.

[/quote]

[/quote]

hoot, hoot... post of the wek number two MELLO!!! [:D]

[/quote]Thanks for the laugh. Keep it coming.

[quote user="Kathy"]

Ouch.

[/quote]

Absolute poo. For far to long the NCISA has been a cosy little click and far to supportive of the board, [may i suggest its a case of ''im a bigger friend of delia than you!''] I will never have anything to do with it until they realise the way OUR club is going under this lot, but cant see happening.

[quote user="Kathy"]

Ouch.

[/quote]

I think the atmosphere of anger around at the moment has lead to an unneccessary nasty edge to some posts Kathy so i will try and keep it polite. As soon as a supporter is appointed to the the NCISA panel they are going to be seen as a spokesman or representative of City fans in general. The last time i looked no-one was forced to take this position. It follows that if things are going tits-up and a large percentage of fans don`t think their appointed representatives are asking the right questions as to what is going wrong, anger may ensue.

The accounts show tens of millions have been spent on fixed assets in the last few years and the club seem to make regular big profits in the transfer market (£3million in the last accounts) despite saying that all transfer income is re-invested in the team. It has also become apparent that the club could well be financially hamstrung by the terms of the £15million "whole business securitisation loan" it took out (and which no other club has gone for....) and also a substantial short-term loan to pay for land and the new infill. You have to conclude that the team has been funding expenditure off the pitch rather than the other way around as the board would have us believe.

Can i respectfully ask whether NCISA will take these serious matters up with the board?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Kathy"]

Ouch.

[/quote]

[/quote]Hahaha!

[quote user="Smudger"]

NCISA are useless... made an utterly shambolic mess of getting rid of Worthy that turned in to a soap opera and are far too cosy with the club itself...

All fans that are unhappy shouls show it prior to the Sheff Weds game and each and every week thereafter until Delia & Co walk away from this club of OURS!!!

[/quote]

Not at all sure you are a fan!

So here we go, another witch hunt, the Popular Front of Judaea hunting down the People''s Front of Judaea. Me, I AM the Judaean People''s Front, and you''re all splitters. God help Judaea....If your knickers are up your crack about this, why expect someone else to do something about it, and complain when they don''t? Why not get organised and do it yourself? Form the Independent Supporters Association of Norwich City or something.

[quote user="blacko"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and I am SURE that you ain''t a fan Blacko...

If you were then you would have some fire and resentment in your belly about your club being destroyed under your nose by the cretins who are trusted with the honour of running it!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blacko"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you were then you would have some fire and resentment in your belly about your club being destroyed under your nose by the cretins who are trusted with the honour of running it!!!

[/quote]Smudger. I''ve been a city fan for over fifty years and been through many bad times but never, never once have I wanted my team to lose !!

For you to mock every defeat and decry every true supporter say''s it all really.

Comedian you may be. Fan you definitely aint !!

I am posting on behalf of NCISA as there has been some comment on here regarding the role of the association in the current turmoil at the club, and indeed in some of the events of the past two years. To answer the question by Mr Carrow, yes NCISA is constantly in touch with the Norwich City Board regarding all manner of things Norwich City. This includes the current concern regarding the teams performance so far this season. As a supporters organisation we are in a position to have dialogue with the club on a regular basis but I would point out this is by no means restricted to us. With the advent of modern technology it is easy for all fans to directly question officials at the football club as many of you have done. Those of you who have done will know that the chief executive Neil Doncaster is receptive to your opinions and almost always responds to emails.As an association we try to gauge opinion particular at difficult times like the present. This isnt always easy. A glance at this message board reveals that there are many differing views regarding what is best for the club right now and it is a similar picture within our membership, on the terraces and also up till recently within our own committee.  At the height of the Worthington crisis I was receiving a mixture of emails telling me either that NCISA wasnt active enough in getting rid of the manager, or that we were disloyal and anticlub. Those of you who read this message board regularly will know that certain individuals still accuse us of the latter while there are always those, as in this thread, who accuse us of being in bed with the football club. It is quite frankly a no win situation. You cannot please all of the people all of the time. Our solution to this conundrum is to try to provide a platform for reasoned debate about what is going on. We did just that during the Worthington debate by organising a fans meeting at St Andrews Hall which was attended by over 500 people.Long before the disappointing results and performances of the last two weeks we were in the process of organising a question and answer session with Peter Grant and Jim Duffy which will be open to all fans including those of you who post on here. I invite you to emerge from behind your masks of anonymity to confront the manager face to face with your concerns?Having listened to various view points this week, NCISA believes at present, just 7 games into a 46 game season it is far too early for knee jerk reactions, demonstrations and calls for the managers head. We dont not feel that if Peter Grant did leave, his replacement would do much better under the current financial restrictions. And, who would it be? What is plan B? Martin Allen, Neil Warnock are names I have heard mentioned. The former is thought to have potential; but has had only limited success at  Brentford and M K Dons. And as for Neil Warnock, well every time he visits Carrow Road he is met with a barrage of bile and vitriol. Hardly the ideal background for a new manager. This view I can assure you is nothing to do with us being ''cosy'' with the football club. I feel certain if you ask Neil Doncaster, he will tell you that he has had a less than cosy relationship with members of the NCISA committee including myself over the past three or four years.I realise that City fans are not concerned with what happens at other clubs, but a glance at the Championship table tells you that we are not the only under achievers in this division. Cardiff have spent an arm and a leg on Fowler and Hasseilbank. Leicester signed 12 players and Sheff Utd have spent £4.5 million on Jams Beattie and £2.5 million on Billy Sharp. None of these teams are exactly setting the division alight either.The season is barely eight weeks old and we feel at this stage of the season that the right thing to do is back Petrer Grant and his backroom staff. I am acutely aware that this post is not what a lot of you want to hear but be assured however that if things do not improve and we find ourselves, say, in the bottom six by Christmas, that NCISA may change its stance. At the end of the day, if we are right to keep our powder dry right now, then we wont be smug and say I told you so. If we are wrong however we will be the first to admit it and be humble enough to accept the ensuing criticism.We want success for this football club as much as the rest of the fans.

Kathy BlakeSecretaryNCISA

With respect Kathy you have not addressed the issue, which is to challenge the board about the way they are running the club.  That extends far beyond who the manager happens to be.  I despair.

For the record I wrote to Neil Doncaster way back in December 2005 asking him to explain why our squad was the joint smallest in the Championship (along with, ahem, Leeds) despite the parachute money, and therefore stood little chance of competing for a place in the top six.  He responded promptly, as he always does, but spent three pages explaining that I had got my facts wrong and taking umbrage at my suggestion that the board had not provided sufficient backing.  I wrote back and he replied stating that he did not think there was any point continuing the discussion. (At least we agreed about something!)  He is able to bat back enquiries from individual supporters all day long.  It achieves precisely nothing.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blacko"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Smudger. I''ve been a city fan for over fifty years and been through many bad times but never, never once have I wanted my team to lose !!

For you to mock every defeat and decry every true supporter say''s it all really.

[/quote]

Smudger is as avid a "fan" as the rest of us....and like me he has just come to the end of his teather. Our non-attendance is regularly criticised (water off a Delia''s souffle dish) and our alleged "anti-club" attitude questioned. It is actually folk like you who cannot bear to make an incisive decision thus stretching out a lingering death...The lynching of Worthington and retention of your "Saviour" being a prime example. Wrong target altogether and we''re heading down the same road again thanks to your ilk.

In simple terms....a run of defeats would not damage the club in the long term...but it might just get shot of Doncaster, Smith and her allies and Grant. None of whom are any part of the structure of this club and are purely tenants. It is those well paid figures who deserve any amount of brickbats coming their way....and by his words it is they alone he wants beaten...not the club. I would be far more worried about the limp apologists hereabouts than Smudger...but then maybe you can''t read between the lines like me?

A true supporter? What constitutes this then?  Someone who can afford to buy a season ticket? Someone who has nothing better to do than waste that same ticket money? Someone who supports the cronies in Carrow Road but doesn''t bother with the unpleasantries associated therewith?  Someone who enjoys the club restaurant irrespective of the football element? Someone who can''t accept that NCFC is sliding towards oblivion so takes it out on those who can?

No....a true City fan is someone who cares about the bigger picture rather than their own selfish needs...and can differentiate between the "club" and those who run it. The two are not the same and only one warrants the dedication of the "true" fan.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blacko"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger is as avid a "fan" as the rest of us....and like me he has just come to the end of his teather. Our non-attendance is regularly criticised (water off a Delia''s souffle dish) and our alleged "anti-club" attitude questioned. It is actually folk like you who cannot bear to make an incisive decision thus stretching out a lingering death...The lynching of Worthington and retention of your "Saviour" being a prime example. Wrong target altogether and we''re heading down the same road again thanks to your ilk.

In simple terms....a run of defeats would not damage the club in the long term...but it might just get shot of Doncaster, Smith and her allies and Grant. None of whom are any part of the structure of this club and are purely tenants. It is those well paid figures who deserve any amount of brickbats coming their way....and by his words it is they alone he wants beaten...not the club. I would be far more worried about the limp apologists hereabouts than Smudger...but then maybe you can''t read between the lines like me?

A true supporter? What constitutes this then?  Someone who can afford to buy a season ticket? Someone who has nothing better to do than waste that same ticket money? Someone who supports the cronies in Carrow Road but doesn''t bother with the unpleasantries associated therewith?  Someone who enjoys the club restaurant irrespective of the football element? Someone who can''t accept that NCFC is sliding towards oblivion so takes it out on those who can?

No....a true City fan is someone who cares about the bigger picture rather than their own selfish needs...and can differentiate between the "club" and those who run it. The two are not the same and only one warrants the dedication of the "true" fan.

[/quote]Cluck. I understand and respect your right to your views towards the board, and to some extent, agree with you. I also agree with every persons right to make there own protest by not attending matches.

However, I simply can''t see any circumstances where any true fan would go to a match or turn on their radio WANTING their team to lose whatever issues they have with the board/manager.

I don''t even believe you will be listening tonight in the hope that we lose (expecting us to though).

And I don''t think that the 24000 or so who attend each home game are there to support the board but simply to see a game of football and hopefully a city WIN.

Kathy, thanks for the reply but my original post was made to point out that there are much deeper issues at stake here than who the current manager is or who we should play at left-back. The club have made a £5.5million CLEAR PROFIT on selling players over two financial years when they have received £12million in parachute payments. This despite promising that all transfer money received is put back into the team. In the light of this the decline on the pitch is hardly a suprise- nor that many people are totally losing faith with the board. This is not prudence. It is wilful capitulation as a competetive football club to pay for unneccessary trivialities off the pitch.

Why has this been allowed to happen? We are now clearly back to the Chase days of bricks and mortar and off-pitch extravagencies being the priority ahead of having a competetive team. Can i ask if NCISA, as our representatives, will raise these issues as a matter of extreme urgency with our board?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blacko"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Cluck. I understand and respect your right to your views towards the board, and to some extent, agree with you. I also agree with every persons right to make there own protest by not attending matches.

However, I simply can''t see any circumstances where any true fan would go to a match or turn on their radio WANTING their team to lose whatever issues they have with the board/manager.

I don''t even believe you will be listening tonight in the hope that we lose (expecting us to though).

And I don''t think that the 24000 or so who attend each home game are there to support the board but simply to see a game of football and hopefully a city WIN.

[/quote]

Lappin...you''re a very reasonable person and despite alot of the wholesale banter on here we haven''t clashed much....so I have no argument with you in general....

Smudger to me is a very emotional supporter who cares deeply about the club...but like me has no attachment or loyalty to those who currently run it. Like me he can see the cynical way the club has been manipulated to meet the needs of it''s owner...with a total disregard for the ambitions of it''s supporters...many of whom were here while she was still donning her Ipswich rosette on Swap-Shop. For some of us there is a dramatic and distinctive difference between the club we love....and those who currently claim to know what is best for it.

With such passion comes a thin line of tolerance...and when people like us see what is being done....we get angry.  This anger is compounded when our fellow "supporters" ignore the blatant facts before them and look away....even ridiculing those who dare speak out. For me...I''m not bothered because I know where my heart is after 44 years...but for others not so thick skinned...the bottle pops. They at least have the "bottle" to pop.

So...when Smudger says he is happy to City lose he is simply being cruel to be kind....as he knows (like me) that enough failure will bring about change. We as supporters cannot oust an entrenched Board...nor can we sack a manager....but we can have a strategy which will make such events possible. If this club were to limp along mid table for the next ten years...the Board and it''s cronies would be safe....If however the walls of their empire came tumbling down....they will look to run. Then....and only then will Norwich get it''s club back.

The sooner they run....the quicker NCFC will find it''s feet again....and as I''ve said before...I''d rather have 14000 proper fans in the ground watching a grassroots team of scarappers (a la Leeds) than this celebrity sham we have today.

Overlong I know....but maybe it may help you understand why such emotions as those expressed by Smudger have greater depth than it appears. He cares....those who pontificate clearly don''t.

[quote user="NCISA"]

I am posting on behalf of NCISA as there has been some comment on here regarding the role of the association in the current turmoil at the club, and indeed in some of the events of the past two years. To answer the question by Mr Carrow, yes NCISA is constantly in touch with the Norwich City Board regarding all manner of things Norwich City. This includes the current concern regarding the teams performance so far this season. As a supporters organisation we are in a position to have dialogue with the club on a regular basis but I would point out this is by no means restricted to us. With the advent of modern technology it is easy for all fans to directly question officials at the football club as many of you have done. Those of you who have done will know that the chief executive Neil Doncaster is receptive to your opinions and almost always responds to emails.

As an association we try to gauge opinion particular at difficult times like the present. This isnt always easy. A glance at this message board reveals that there are many differing views regarding what is best for the club right now and it is a similar picture within our membership, on the terraces and also up till recently within our own committee.  At the height of the Worthington crisis I was receiving a mixture of emails telling me either that NCISA wasnt active enough in getting rid of the manager, or that we were disloyal and anticlub. Those of you who read this message board regularly will know that certain individuals still accuse us of the latter while there are always those, as in this thread, who accuse us of being in bed with the football club. It is quite frankly a no win situation. You cannot please all of the people all of the time. Our solution to this conundrum is to try to provide a platform for reasoned debate about what is going on. We did just that during the Worthington debate by organising a fans meeting at St Andrews Hall which was attended by over 500 people.

Long before the disappointing results and performances of the last two weeks we were in the process of organising a question and answer session with Peter Grant and Jim Duffy which will be open to all fans including those of you who post on here. I invite you to emerge from behind your masks of anonymity to confront the manager face to face with your concerns?

Having listened to various view points this week, NCISA believes at present, just 7 games into a 46 game season it is far too early for knee jerk reactions, demonstrations and calls for the managers head. We dont not feel that if Peter Grant did leave, his replacement would do much better under the current financial restrictions. And, who would it be? What is plan B? Martin Allen, Neil Warnock are names I have heard mentioned. The former is thought to have potential; but has had only limited success at  Brentford and M K Dons. And as for Neil Warnock, well every time he visits Carrow Road he is met with a barrage of bile and vitriol. Hardly the ideal background for a new manager. This view I can assure you is nothing to do with us being ''cosy'' with the football club. I feel certain if you ask Neil Doncaster, he will tell you that he has had a less than cosy relationship with members of the NCISA committee including myself over the past three or four years.

I realise that City fans are not concerned with what happens at other clubs, but a glance at the Championship table tells you that we are not the only under achievers in this division. Cardiff have spent an arm and a leg on Fowler and Hasseilbank. Leicester signed 12 players and Sheff Utd have spent £4.5 million on Jams Beattie and £2.5 million on Billy Sharp. None of these teams are exactly setting the division alight either.

The season is barely eight weeks old and we feel at this stage of the season that the right thing to do is back Petrer Grant and his backroom staff. I am acutely aware that this post is not what a lot of you want to hear but be assured however that if things do not improve and we find ourselves, say, in the bottom six by Christmas, that NCISA may change its stance. At the end of the day, if we are right to keep our powder dry right now, then we wont be smug and say I told you so. If we are wrong however we will be the first to admit it and be humble enough to accept the ensuing criticism.We want success for this football club as much as the rest of the fans.

Kathy Blake
Secretary
NCISA

[/quote]

Excellent post Kathy and you prove my point too. Not once have you mentioned the boards weak dealings and lack of ambition. Like i said its far to clicky.