Sign in to follow this  
lobster catcher

Am i the only one who can see this

The football peter grant is getting norwich to play is rubbish.20 mins against southampton,first half against cardiff and putting dave on against palace are the only positives this season.We were awful against palace until we scored,the silence around carrow road proves this.How can the fans get behind a team that is playing such boring predictable football.Grant has had long enough to covince me he is not the man for the job.The only thing he might just manage this season is to keep us up.I suppose that will be enough for some supporters but not for me.With the players we have here this season a more positive manager would have no trouble making us a top 8 team.Grant is to negitive and to scared of losing to make any bold decisions.If grant is still here this time next year we will be worse off than when worthy was sacked

its a worry that we seem content to play for long periods in our own half during home matches - as if we are the away side, trying to catch the others on the break.  by all accounts - charlton dominated the whole match - how often did we pin them back in their half, passing the ball around the edge of their area - like palace, soton and cardiff did to us this season at home.  even barnet did it against 2nd half!!!frankly, the first half was boring saturday.  it was so quiet, my missus was able to ring up her sister-in-law in the jarrold and rabbit on for 5 mins uninterupted by any degree of crowd noise!  the sad facts are, we are an average champs side, with a stated prem ambition but no money to realistically persue it.  theres still time for the players we''ve got to gel - but they all need to be injury free, super fit and playing at the top of their game for us to look the part - this team needs to overperform to gain a top6 place.  there''s lots of teams with better squads than us right now in this league.

Great post mate, I totally agree!

Pathetic, boring and negative football under grant!

It''s not as if he hasn''t had a solid platform to build on, especially if you compare it with other teams in the championship....

....24-26,000 loyal fans at every home game!

....some of the best training facilities in the league!

....A brilliant youth system, full of talent, promise and passion! (Not that he has utilised this option!! And why not?)

....Yes he did inherit some bad players but he also did inherit some good ones as well!

What more can a manager ask for at this level?,  yes maybe more money but most football league managers would be delighted to be in this position and inherit the job as the manager of this amazing football club! Grant has not made the most of this opportunity, he simply hasn''t got what it takes.

Just look at the comparisons with a team like colchester!

Grant has to go sooner rather than later!!

GRANT OUT!!!!!!!!

On The Ball City

S

I think the majority of City fans are worried. If we were showing signs of playing half decent football it perhaps wouldn''t be so bad.Even the most ardant Worthy-outers must admit that even during his downfall, the team were capable of producing 10-20 minutes of brilliance and we did have the capabilities to beat teams... but now we don''t even look like we have any fight in us, and have spent 80% of the season so far pinned back in our own half trying to hit teams on the break - even at home.

Grant is far to negative, he is critical of russell on sat ,for being in a postion to have a shot when we 1-0 up WHY???? does grant want to win home games 1-0, as for the team he picked for Charlton he seems to be happy with 0-0 away from home.  

LETS HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND HAVE A GO AT TEAMS                                                                                                                   

Grant out?Boring football?God you lot have really lost the plot now, your all so narrow minded and just cant see the bigger picture can you. Here are some points you all need to remind yourself of before you condemn this season to failure and start planning your Grant out protests.1. We have 9 new players in the squad, and for the most part 5 or 6 in the starting line up. THIS AMOUNT OF CHANGE TO THE TEAM WILL TAKE TIME TO GEL. 2. Huckerby isnt fit yet and we all know how much he makes us tick. Strihavka looks like he will be key to our success this season, as clearly Brown isnt the answer, again, he needs time to gel. Once he''s up to speed him and Curo will be on fire. Brellier looks to have real quality from what ive seen and is getting better every time i see him. When he came on against palace we looked much more solid and organised in midfield and we kept the ball for the last 20 mins and saw the game out. Once he''s up to speed i can see us dominating the midfield.3. The main issue i think as to why were not flying at the mo is the absence of Mark Fotheringham and Jimmy Smith. We are forced to play with 2 defensive midfielders in Brellier and Russell, or Lappin. We are lacking in attacking threat at the mo, because of this. When those two are back, which should coincide with Brelliers 100% sharpness, we''ll see a quality midfield of defensive and attacking balance. With Huckbery, Croft, Curo and Strihavka in the team we need a playmaker to make us tick, Fozzy or Smith will give us this. At the mo its no wonder weve not hit top gear with 2 grafters in midfield.These are the reasons were not doing so well at the moment, and to me there pretty obvious, but youve all seemed to have looked past them. Once my 3 points have been resolved, ie new players integrated and gelled, key players fit and sharp, and attacking injured players back, i think we will see the real Norwich City.Until this happens we will not see the best of Norwich, this is obvious. For example, with the top premier teams you take out there 2 top midfield attackers and there best player isnt fit, and what would happen? Lets have a look:Man Utd - Take out Rooney, Ronaldo and Scholes and they would be far from at there best.Arsenal - Minus Fabregas, Van Persie and Adebayor wouldnt be the sameChelsea - Without Lampard, Cole and Drogba would clearly struggle to score goals.Liverpool - No Gerrard, Torres and Alonso would see them lose more than they winIts a no brainer to me, once our best players are back and the rest of the team has had time to gel we''ll be flying...Until that time lets get behind the team.....how many games into the season is it again? 6??? Jesus, give the boys a chance will ya...