Sign in to follow this  
Essexyella

Worst ever Canary

You might have done this thread before but what about one for the worst ever player to wear yellow and green.
I will kick off with Darren Beckford.
Could even stretch it to a complete team.

I do vaguely remember a "worst ever" thread, but what the hell! They''re always fun! I would like contribute several names from the last 7/8 years:

Raymond De Waard
Fernando Derveld
Tony Cottee
Steve Walsh
Paul Dalgliesh

All absolutley appalling in their own special way!

Good thread though essexyella

mmm, even thou i respect any old canary (ok, except the odd people like Marshall, Lee Marshall, Joe royle..............)

okokok, point proven!

1 peter vasper, 2 alan black,3 clive payne,4 steve govier, 5 willy young , 6 neil odonald,7 dave phillips, 8 mark rivers, 9 dean colney, 10 wayne biggins, 11 adrian coate. subs clint easton, gerry howshall,kevin bond,roger hansbury.

Raymond de Waard without a doubt closely followed by Drazen Muzinic truely two of of the worst dogs ever to don the green and yellow

I probably wouldn''t go for Beckford as being the worst ever canary, however I would agree with you if you are including the fee paid out for him. I think the Steve Walsh / Tony Cottee dual signing was a complete disaster seeing as:

1 - we paid out big signing on fee''s
2 - They were 34+ each and just looking for a easy pay cheque
3 - They barely played
4 - Cottee scored 1?
5 - Walsh was always injured
6 - Both left very soon afterwards

Shaun Carey. He was terrible. Ade Akinbiyi? How is that man still playngi professional football? The words "banjo" "cow''s backside" and "couldn''t hit" come to mind....

Oh, and anyone remember Paul Peschisolido''s goalless loan spell here? No, thought not.

Also, given that Darren Beckford is still our second biggest transfer signing, I feel he must get a place in the "Dogs XI". I''ll never forget the goal he scored away at Villa - he was a yard out but his shot still managed to get two deflections on its way in!!

Grinner,can''t agree on dave philips, always thought he did o.k....can mention many more before him:
De ward
Walsh
Henrick mortenson(don''t think i spelled it right)
Darren beckford
and many that have been mentioned.

Ade Akinbiyi and Ekoku missed some real sitters for us.

but I can'' help but mention Sheron for being rubbish for us but a goal machine elsewhere!!!

And Rosario was a donkey - though I rated him as a kid!!!

Neil Emblem (although not his own fault) and Andy Marshall spring to might, but for a total waste of money Tony Cottee and Steve Walsh were 100% terrible.

would have to disagree with Ekoku too. He wasnt the most gifted of players i will admit but he did have a very purple patch with Mike Walker`s team at one stage. Seem to remember him scoring 4 goals in one game at Everton once. I suspect that was the game that convinced the Everton board to take Mike Walker from us too!!!

It would have to be......Il score a own goal every week Kevin Bond! Rosario,Akinbiyi,Ross Jack and maybe even Paul Haylock.

grinner,some good suggestions ,but govier, have some simpathy,he was competing against god[lord forbes]a tough proposition for anyone.anyway i work with him and he''ll clout me if i don''t say something in his defence[remember the goal against chelsea!]

Do managers count as signings? If so, Hamilton takes the biscuit. Worst player for me was Walsh. In defence of Muzinic, he came as a well respected international, his problem was the language barrier, he spoke no English at all and obviously his training and team talks were not of much use. Going back further, another disastrous signing was Laurie Sheffield. If my memory is correct, the Supporters club raised the money for him, and how he let them down. To this day he refuses to talk about his "Norwich" days.

To Grinner ---- Clive Payne ! I know he was a bit of a carthorse but he belong''d to my fav. ever Norwich team and that well known fullback ''phyco Pearce'' sometimes looked like the old carthorse.

Steve "Leg-Iron" Walsh, with Cottttttteeeeee coming a very, very, close second! What a pair of Wasters! ;~(

Develd . i dont think i will ever see a worst player in a norwich shirt .

Grinner, Black, Payne and Phillips shouldnt come near a worst of!. And Supernaut, I remember Laurie Sheffield only being with City for about a year, but he actually scored quite a few goals - do you know something I dont? In my list of crap strikers, he is a long way down the list after Coney, Beckford......

I`m another member of the Dave Phillips fan club.....
How anyone can say he was one of the worst players to play for us is beyond me.....